37|Suspension

Aʟᴇx Pᴀʀᴋᴇʀ
This is shit.

My mom may as well just openly kill me because the way she's looking at me is so cold that I think I might be sick.

"It's just a suspension. That's nothing." I say and she scoffs. "Are you kidding me Alex? I do so much for you. So much. For one you won't even tell me why you continuously punched that guy in the face. You're lucky you aren't getting expelled or worse arrested!" She says and I run a hand down my face.

"I'm sorry." I apologise and she just sighs. "Why? That's all I want to know." She says crossing her arms.

"He tried to hit me first." I shrug and she looks at me sternly. Fine. "He's just a huge dick towards India and I'm not gonna stand for that." I say and she sighs.

"I don't get it." She says confused. "I thought you and India weren't close like that but ever since her birthday I've hardly seen you because you've been there all the time." She says and I nod. "I know. I know." I sigh, I'm not telling her India is my first ever girlfriend, she'll freak the fuck out.

"I'm gonna swing by her place and see if she's there. Hunter says he hasn't seen her yet." I say standing up and she scoffs.

"Nu uh, you're grouned. Go to your room." She says and my eyes widen. "What?" I ask in surprise, even after I got arrested she didn't ground me.

"Go to your room." She scalds and I sigh. "You can't be serious." I say and she nods. "Too right I am. Go to bed Alex right now." She says and I groan and head upstairs, dialing the Johnson's home phone as I do so.

She doesn't answer so I ring Hunter.

"Have you seen her yet?" I ask closing my bedroom door. "Yeah, she was walking with Lily, Ethan and Kyle when I was putting stuff in my locker. When I turned back she was gone and Lily and Ethan were arguing." He says and I roll my eyes.

I really wish she had a phone. This is stupid at this point.

"Okay, I'll see you later." I say and end the call. I grab my car keys and decide to head to India's.

I get out of my bedroom when the door bell rings.

My mom gets the door and I groan. How am I suppose to sneak out now? The window.

"Hi sorry. Is Alex here?" I hear India ask and I walk down the steps. "You two are inseparable huh? I should've timed how long you were apart." Mom says and I roll my eyes.

"Are you okay? I heard you were expelled is that true?" She asks and I laugh. "It's not funny." Mom scolds and I sigh. "It's not even true." I say and mom brings India in from the rain.

"He's grounded." My mom says and India angles her body towards the door. "Should I leave?" She asks. "No." Me and mom say in sync and she blushes.

"I've got work. I'll make some food and then I'll leave. You're more than welcome to stay the night India." Mom says and I nod at India. "Thank you." She smiles at my mom.

India heads towards me on the stairs and I smile at my mom. "Don't look at me like that, im still beyond angry at you. Speaking of which. India, any insight into what happened? Alex over here won't tell me." Mom asks and India looks up at me.