10|Hunter

Thursday

I really hate school. Do I actually have to go? Yes I do.

Truthfully right now im killing Phoebe in my mind. We were on the phone super late last night just talking about outfits for this weekend. It's my fault more than it is Phoebe's but I like to reflect the blame.

After a quick shower I get dressed. I put on black jeans and a black long sleeved t-shirt that gets tucked into my jeans.

I straighten my hair and do my makeup quickly before heading downstairs.

I eat some toast and drink some coffee before putting my raincoat on and heading straight to my car and to school.

As the days have gone on, less and less people were staring at me. I know it would fizzle out but that's not the point.

"There she is." Lily says as her and Ethan head towards me.

"Please please please sit with us at lunch." Ethan says and I furrow my eyebrows. "I don't know. I'm still not talking to Kyle." I say and he sighs.

"I'll pay you to sit with us." Ethan says and I look at Lily confused whilst laughing. "I don't need your money Ethan." I say rolling my eyes. "I don't doubt it but please I'll do anything to have lunch with my girlfriend this week." Ethan says and I laugh.

"She loves you Ins' she won't have lunch with us if you're elsewhere. Plus she's not talking to Kyle either." He says and I smile at Lily. "I never asked you to do that." I say and she shrugs. "He had it coming." She says.

"I told Ethan he's more than welcome to join us for lunch but he doesn't want to be surrounded by girls." Lily says and I chuckle. "Fine, because it means so much to you Ethan. We'll have lunch with you guys." I say and Ethan smiles. "Thank you." He says and Lily untangles herself from him.

"We've gotta go. See you later." She says kissing Ethan's cheek and then linking arms with me.

****
At lunch I head to my locker and basically shove my head in my locker. I take a deep breath and reach for my phone that had just buzzed.

Lily- where you at?

I sigh. I really don't want to have lunch with Kyle. I swear if I have to sit beside him.

Me- On way.

I put my phone in my back pocket and head straight for the cafeteria.

I spot my friends immediately and sit at the table. Kyle isn't here yet. Thank god!

I sit down on the end of the table beside Maddie. "Hi." She says smiling. "Hi." I say and take a deep breath.

Kyle sits down and hands everyone sandwiches. Even me. He smiles at me politely as he hands me a sandwich.

The table screamed awkwardness.

A senior sits down opposite me and we all look at him confused. "Hi." He says and I smile politely. "Hi." I say and he smiles.

"There's a party Friday, you should come." He says politely. "I'm not here this weekend. I have plans with my family." I say and he shrugs. "No biggie another time then." He says.

"Um... Edwards what are you doing?" Kyle asks. "Shit sorry man, are you two a thing?" The boy asks. "No, but what are you doing?" Kyle asks.

"What? It's been a hot minute since I went on a date." The boy says and Ethan laughs. "Because you don't date." Ethan adds and I just bite into my sandwich awkwardly.

"Hmm..." He says before looking at me. "What?" I ask when they all turn to me.

"He wants to do you." Ethan says and Lily slaps his shoulder. "Give me your number. We can hook it up." The guy says and I shaks my head no.