29| Phone Call

A constant ringing has me rushing out of bed and downstairs.

"Josh? What's wrong? It's late." I yawn whilst glancing at the time. It was 1:34am.

My first thought went to mom. Something had happened, or she was coming home.

"Not Josh." Alex says and I take a breath of relief. "Alex it's late, I was asleep. What's up?" I ask leaning against the wall. "You're always sleeping." He mumbles and I sigh and sit on the floor.

"What do you want Alex?" I ask and he clears his throat. "I wanted to hear your voice." He says and my stomach drops. It's a really sicky feeling, as though im on rollarcoaster and just went down a big drop.

But Alex is a rollarcoaster. One minute, he's kind and the next he's calling me stupid and acting like a dick.

"India?" He questions and I release a shaky breath. "Are you drunk?" I ask and he laughs. "Not drunk. High." He says and I cringe. I don't think I can do this.

"You should probably go to sleep." I say and he groans. "God damm it India, let me just talk to you." He shouts and I sigh.

"What do you want?" I ask and he lets out a heavy breath. "Say my name." He says and I raise an eyebrow. "What?" I ask trying to hold in laugh. "Say my name." He repeats and I let out a laugh.

"India." He groans. "What?" I laugh. "Please.' He begs and I sigh.

"Alex." I say and the other end goes silent. "Alex, you there?" I ask and he lets out another deep breath. "Yep." He says and I nod.

"Can I kiss you? I like kissing you." He asks and I laugh. "Alex, I'm at home. I'm not with you." I say and he groans. "Come on India." He sighs.

"Alex. Go to bed." I say firmly and he groans again. "I can't." He says and I sigh. "Why not?" I ask and he sighs again. "I'm at some party with Jason." He says and I shiver.

"Tell Jason you want to leave." I suggest. "Will you come and get me?" He asks and I nod. "Sure, where are you?" I ask standing back up.

"I don't actually know." He says and then the call goes dead. "Alex?" I repeat but no answer. Right.

I call his numbet back multiple times and got no answer from him any of those times.

****

Aʟᴇx Pᴀʀᴋᴇʀ

I groan as my mother continues to yell at me for not setting an alarm and getting up for school.

"It was an accident." I say reaching for my phone. It wasn't.

50+ missed calls from Johnson's.

I furrow an eyebrow and look down at the phone. What?

"Go to school!" My mom yells for the millionth time. "Alright alright." I repeat climbing out of bed and heading straight into the shower.

****
At school, I met up with Hunter who was on his way to Spanish.

I head towards econ when my phone pings.

Hunter- India hasn't been in all day according to Lily. Call her?

I'll do him one better. I'll go to her godamm house. I walk away from my econ class and ignore my teacher yelling after me.

India had rang me multiple times in the early hours of this morning. Something's wrong, I can feel it.

I get to her house and pound my fist against the door, no answer. Is she actually going to make me climb through her fucking window again.