chapter 32

The intercollege fests were merely 2 days away and it was the last day to submit your entry which the college would skim through and take out the better and viable ones to proceed with

As nervous as he was, Hoseok had submitted his form and decided to participate in the competition. Though not sure about most of the things, he had talked to Seokjin and Jimin and a few more classmates on how and what things were like and what you have to do.

Though the chances of being selected in all 3 categories of his major while standing amongst hundreds of students was a rare chance but he had to take it. The cheerleading was giving him an extra 2 percent than his academics, which was a relief. But having 3 more percent for winning in either categories and a few more marks for the participation purpose was a cherry on the cake.

Jimin had already applied two days ago and seemed a little unhappy about his encounter with a certain idiot he met there, which he did not explain much about. Just the fact that the idiot was so cocky and oversmart, he had to control himself from choking him to death.

Hoseok obviously let it go. He knew his bestfriend. He had the tendency to over exaggerate things once in a while.

Hoseok walked back to his dorm, not wanting to spend anymore braincells on this anymore. He just had to close his eyes and trust god or luck.

Going through his blank social media again and again to occupy his mind somehow. Until a message popped on his phone, an unknown person. He clicked on the profile to find this person to be a baseball player from some other college. Hoseok just scrunched his eyebrows and pouted. This has been happening a lot lately.

Ever since he joined the cheerleading team and posted about it on his social media, he had a lot of people wanting to be friends with him. Random sports players or students from his college who thought Hoseok was popular and cool, when in reality he wasn't. It wasn't a big deal for him.

He wondered how Jimin handled it. There would be a million messages in his dm's. Jimin was nice, pretty, popular and friendly like that. He had a lot of followers, maybe because he was so kind to everyone. But then again, the popular ones are those who have no real friends. And Jimin was the live example. He was a heart throb, Hoseok had heard that Jimin was the fan favorite the moment he entered the college.

The cheerleading coach offered him the position himself when they saw a nerdy boy was this popular for just being cute, later finding out Jimin was a contemporary dancer. Icing on the cake. And ever since then, Jimin had just been the Park Jimin, the one and the only.

Jimin on the other hand had no idea why everyone liked him so much. But Hoseok knew that the other has an idea how he is a secret charmer. How can you be so seductive on a normal basis and not know, right?!

"Hyung. We are out of time. The college fest starts in 2 days. The coach wants us to meet and finalise the schedule. We have two matches per day with the 6 teams participating. Can you come to the office, i nedd help."

Hoseok received a message, just as he was about to enter his room. Huffing to himself he walked back in a hall where a meeting was already in process. Making himself small, he sat down in the far corner near his team as he carefully observed and let Jimin take the decisions of management.

It was awkward already as he felt a few eyes on him when he entered but chose to ignore them for valid reasons. The meeting ended and he signed thinking why was he here. All he did was nod at whatever Jimin said and thats it, but let it be since he assumed Jimin needed some moral support.

He picked up his already packed bag, swinging it on his shoulder as he got up from his sitting position and made his way towards the door.

''Hey Hoseok."

He heard someone call in a sweet voice. Unusually sweet.

"Hi Tyler. Whats up?" The other male asked with a small smile on his face.

"Nothing. Just wanted to ask if you were free this Saturday? Our matches finish on Thursday and i am sure we'd win.. i know my team. So if we win, you'd join us in the celebration right?"

The football player asks, eyes hopeful as he smiled at his fellow classmate.

"Why do you need me to celebrate? You have your team right?"

Hoseok asked a bit suspiciously. There was no need of a cheerleader in their winning party unless every team celebrates together at the same place. Nor were they that good friends for him to ask Hoseok to tag along. It mostly looked like a date invitation and he wasn't sure how to take it.

"Yeah. But i thought, since we are friends, you can join the party. The boys have already planned a lot of stuff for us."

"For us? What does that even mean?"

He asked confused by the other's words. This was giving him a weird feeling in his stomach.

"I mean.. for us all. Since we are going to win. It would mean a lot if you can come." The other explained with a little laugh while scratching his neck.

"Ummm.. sure. I'd see if Jimin can make it too. I'd feel weird alone." Hoseok added. He'd be dumb if he showed up at an unknown party alone.

"Yeah yeah sure. Jimin would do too, as long as he doesn't jump on me to break my nose. He can be feisty like that." Tyler laughed now, his tone suggestive but the grit in his teeth quite visible.

"I hope you don't behave like he needs to break your nose." Hoseok retorted. He knew Jimin was a little too much but in all the right ways.

"You're funny." The other smiled in a challenge. He always thought Hoseok was a genuine and nice, shy boy he could definitely be more than friends with.

"Good luck though. I hope you win."

"I hope you do too. But the individual events start next week so i guess i'll have a lot of time to wish you till then?"

He asked hopeful, with a raise of brow with a smile.

"Yeah sure. Bye, i'll be leaving."

Hoseok concluded, walking away not turning back to look at anyone. He didn't want to give it a second thought. He'll see about it when the team wins. Plus its just a party, not a big deal. College parties are always a little crazy but thats all. Nothing more, nothing less.

Something he wasn't expecting was getting made fun of, and Min Yoongi beating the shit out of the opponent then crying on the same day and an emotionally exhausted Jimin and Kim Taehyung puking his gut out in his room's bathroom. Everything on the sane freaking day, Saturday nights are shit crazy like that.

__________♧__________

Since i seemed to have received no response. Imma make a Sope Namjin book in this one.
And a part 2 of Vminkook of this story. I want to focus on these 2 couples and keep the maknae line drama for some other time.