Chapter 33

•••

•••

Hoseok followed the other members of his cheerleading team, out of the bus as they were to perform as well as support their own team which would be playing today but not on the home ground. They had to travel for about 25 minutes to reach the other college that would be competing with them.

Not a good way to start, but yeah. It is what it is, the coach cheered which everyone was suspicious if it worked. But that was that. Two hours into the hustle and bustle of getting ready and going over the things in last few minutes, the introductory programme  with the starting performance and the two matches for the day was the schedule.

They couldn't find a reason why you cannot skip to the main part, like just get it started without having to hear the history and geography of the fests and the college and sponsors and supporters. It felt like the assembly before school but with more adrenaline rushing through people's veins and more anxious eyes waiting for it to be over with so they could put a good use to all the pep talks they did all night.

No matter how small or insignificant at that moment, sports matches always bring their own set of curiosity and anxiety. Not just for the players but for everyone around them. It not just about the game, its about the name too. That's why people take those rivalries seriously.

Though most leave it behind as a sportsman spirit but catch it wherever they dropped it next chance they get. With the same aggression, with the same passion.

Not really minding the crowd or the new eyes following them, the teams made their way to the stadium, chitchat and whispers quite evident but they were too focused to reach the allotted place and do the allotted tasks. Well that was the timid and over popular group. Others just looked around at the new people, some with smiles, some a little too confident, some a little too shy.

Hoseok made sure he looked at Jimin's back and no where else. He didn't want to think about anything else but the event as even a little as a peak at the nearby mob would make his hands tremble. He knew he was gonna rock it with whatever he had been assigned to, given that he thinks the world is his stage. Thats what he told himself.

All that mattered was his passion, his extra credits and the rush of emotions dance gave him. He was never a power trip person. All that mattered was his blood, sweat and tears making things worth it. The cheers that came after everything was a bonus.

Jimin on the other hand smiled and greeted the knowing faces around him as he had been here last time of the year. Those who knew him returned his gesture, others just stared at him with wide eyes, the way he walks leaving them breathless. His shoulders moving but still in a line, once in a while as he walks with his hands casually raising to greet his acquaintances. A slight smile on his face, pride in his eyes. That what he had taught himself.

Even if his insides churned at the thought of being the centre of attention, he knew where he stood. And that was at the top, in whichever pyramid he was a part of. And he would never let anyone hurt his well trained self with anything that wasn't necessary. Being fragile is a curse, he had known. So he dragged a strong dominant aura with him, humble yet prude.

Yoongi had his small feline eyes fixed on the crowd, glancing once at every corner of the stadium he took in as much as he could in that second. Closing them once as he walked his normal gangsta walk onto the ground never once sparing anyone a glance.

He knew everyone knew him, and he wanted to have some pride over that. Though a wave of anxious tremble ran through his mind, he reminded himself of how he struggled to get over his stage fear. Reminding himself he deserved every penny of what the world was giving him now.

The feet following him now which was his team, looked upto him and he should never once lower his eyes for anyone. The unknown faces around him which he didn't give a damn about knew him so well even if he never once looked their way. He knew who he was. The team he was about to go against was anticipating their loss like they always do.

He had promised his team to not leave empty handed and he knew it would be true. He was a man of word. Though he knew better than to underestimate someone else but he still held that piece of self worth in his mind, something that came off as arrogance on the outside but he didnt care.

He had worked hard for this arrogance and he will carry it on his shoulders, with confidence.

Jungkook had his small smirk decorating his lips as he followed Yoongi, eyes moving around every player he could recognise. A face of challenge and arrogance as he looked at every single one of them. A few returning back the look while others didn't bother. The crowd that cheered gave him a feeling of power he always craved. He was the Jeon Jungkook after all. No matter how shy and cute he was in real life, this was his house, the playground was his kingdom and he made sure everyone knew it as he walked like a king.

He smiled widely as he looked back at the crowd that was standing behind him when they came to a halt, winking once at the very evident humans who were drooling over him; errupting a series of gasps and murmurs but very audible giggles from a few. A fuckboy move he agrees, but again 'it is what it is'.

He was getting the attention he wanted and he loved it. Taehyung just rolled his eyes at Jungkook. He knew he had skipped into his alternate persona, the one that comes back once in a while. He laughed along with Seokjin with the other's very clear "this kid!" reached his ears. Seokjin kept to himself once in a while holding Taehyung's hand as they both opted to talk to each other and ignore everyone else.

Taehyung had the idea to jump around and say hi to his other friends that he made along the year in this particular college but he knew better than to mix with the rival team just before the matches. It would make the team look less cool and take away the bad boy persona of his team. Seokjin agreed on it as Yoongi would not appreciate his team being tardy and getting scolded by their coach, atleast when in an unfamiliar place.

It looked like any other sports meet in this world, but it felt new and exciting, like its the first time. Seokjin kept his "professional smile" as he called it. Bowing and greeting people he knew waving his hand once in a while like a perfect prince. He looked like one too, even in his basketball jersey. His headband doing its job well as his forehead shined with little sweat that was because of his nervousness.

•••

ummm.. yeah. So thats it for now💜

Please vote, comment and share the story if you like.