chapter 41

Jimin too had no idea why he loved Taehyung like he did, maybe he had never felt so close to someone. Maybe Taehyung was the only one who was by his side everytime that he needed someone.

But it was Taehyung. In Jimin's memory of his first love, stood a pretty boy with the typical bangs, his white t-shirt and black hoddie on top as he wore the same old pair of shoes all through highschool that he himself made fun of, having his hands around Jimin's shoulder in a protective way as they talked nonsense walking along the trial of flowers in the nearby park at 11 in the night and having a good laugh out of some random incident.

That's how he fell in love, it wasn't butterflies and rainbows and that feeling when you first see someone and your heart flutters and the world turns glitters, it was just the opposite. This love took time, and care and understanding, a little pushing and no efforts from the other person to pursue him.

All those butterflies and unesy feelings left Jimin's body the moment he saw Taehyung. It was the feeling of comfort and safety. It was how Taehyung stood for him, with him in all those adversities. Troubles seemed less troublesome being around him. That's the love Jimin felt for him.

And it gave him a lot of strength that he knew he never had. Or else why would a cute shy nerd be sitting here right now, looking his bestfriend in the eye not scared even a bit as he confesses about his sexuality. It never took Taehyung by surprise, he had a feeling things would go this way. He had seen it coming with how Jimin was changing visibly.

And he was proud and happy about what he was. So was Taehyung. He just hugged it out not knowing what to say. He clear as day light remembers what Jimin had did just a month ago, but decided against speaking as he didn't want the other to feel hurt knowing Jimin would be embarrassed. And clearly he doesn't remember it, so it shouldn't be something to talk about, right?!

Well he was wrong. But no one ever told him that. Taehyung not bothered about what happened made it enough of hint for Jimin to back off. The younger saw him as a friend, just a friend and he too never again tried to go against it. Even when Taehyung would glare and scare boys away, who attempted to bully him, or some who would ask him out.

Taehyung thought it was funny to spoil Jimin's date with tagging along under the name of trying to look out for Jimin. Taehyung knew it, and Jimin knew it too. Taehyung hated Jimin's attention off of him and he would find a way to get it back. But that's how bestfriends are right?! You hate them being with everyone else except you, but never have the guts to admit.

No matter how different Taehyung and his life choices were, he always made sure to be there for Jimin. And the other reciprocated. Just being around Taehyung made the other happy. Maybe they weren't meant to be the way he saw them, but they were something. And something is always better than nothing right?

The something that he tried to protect and cherish just slipped from his fingers when the so called best time of his life was hitting him. He thought its all gonna be fun now, a good life, and a good future, because that's what a college is supposed to do to you. No one expects your closest person to just abandon you 7 months into the new life you both are supposed to make memories in together.

Honestly he could see it coming, he really could. Everytime, he could feel the distance getting a little wider and when he tried to take the extra step, the other would just push him away. Even when he tried, chased desperately but things that aren't meant to be, always find a way to leave. So did Taehyung. He could see something was bothering the other, but Taehyung never said anything.

He too had his struggles, the things being called him, the way he saw other people of the same sexuality being treated brutally around him. He felt scared, fearing for his sanity. In months, it was the first time he gained all courage he could to walk upto Taehyung and talk about it first than wait for the younger to ask first.

"I think i need to tell you something."

He remembers whispering to his friend who hasn't visited his dorm for a week now. The same Taehyung who used to take most space on his bed because he was too lazy to walk to his room after a movie night. Taehyung just looked around uncomfortable.

"Not now. I'm busy. I'll call you later, okay?!"

Taehyung tried to sound as civil as possible. He was scared someone might just jump him and he wouldn't be able to stand for himself. The call never came though, but Taehyung did.. after almost another week, telling him how busy he was and how he wanted to stop being friends with him.

He knew it was coming sooner, but ge never realised it would hurt so much when he actually hears it. All he could do was hang his head down and whisper an okay.

"Tae, are you okay?"

Jimin found himself asking as he saw the boy slumped on the floor, a few bruises here and there as he tried to calm himself down. Taehyung never answered though. He just tried to stand pushing Jimin aside. Jimin being the persistent one, tried to force him to talk, he was worried after all.

But that didn't go well too.

"Leave me alone."

He screamed out of no where, leaving Jimin a little perplexed. The next he remembers is Seokjin walking into the door and patting Taehyung's head like he knows him for years and glaring at Jimin while asking him to fuck off and stop bothering his poor child or he would get in trouble. All while Taehyung had his head down, a few tears which lingered. Jimin left, not once planning to return or look at Taehyung again.

He was hurt, and Taehyung had hurt him. He wanted to be furious and get mad but he knew he couldn't. Some things aren't meant to be. Maybe this is one of them. So he convinced his mind to forgive. Forgive and forget, thats how you feel better than your supposed to right?! So even when Taehyung never apologised, Jimin had forgiven him but never would he let someone else treat him the way he did. And never would he stand so weak and vulnerable in front of anyone begging to be loved.

They say, first love is always a life lesson. It was, and Jimin learned it the hard way.

______________________________________

I hope this story goes on forever. I am thinking of writing it as a single long book. Do people even read book with more than 50 or 60 chapters?!! Like damn.

Anyways-

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT..💜