Chapter 34

A profuse blush coats Jungkook's cheek as he closes his eyes for a second to control his wild mind and ragging heartbeat, the adrenaline yet to kick in. The cheers of the crowd now deaf to his ears as he is reminded of how Jimin's eyes widened and the way he looked around with an evident red neck and ears.

His breathing picking up a little as he tries to hide a smile. Standing still on
his position on the field waiting for the whistle to blow indicating the game had started.

Still in his daze as he couldn't believe his own guts for doing what he did. Just a few minutes ago, both the cheerleading team had opened the event with a little showoff everyone would agree. The basketball players walking into their courts passing by the cheerleading team rushing out and waiting in their positions.

At one such fortunate moment when Jimin's eyes met with a staring Jungkook's, the said guy had winked his way before walking away with a rather cool face. Jimin had to look around for a minute to make sure it was for him and not someone else.

He would have swore at the boy or rolled his eyes at this unusual but expected teasing from the bunny boy he hated so much, but in that particular moment of fuss, it left him flustered.

He didn't know any better than to look around like an idiot though he had an idea that it was for him. Jungkook was the type of people he hated. Childish in a not so cute way. He would bump into Jimin once in a while even though the entire hall was empty, apologizing with a smile later.

Wrap his hands around Taehyung's shoulder and at times hug him while he innocently smiled in Jimin's direction wiggling his eyebrows ever so in teasing manner. For any other person who could see their interaction would clearly see how obvious it was that the amount of attention these two give each other was unhealthy. Almost like a i hate you, i love you couple. And thats exactly what Jungkook hoped. To have that relationship with Jimin.

Jungkook on the other hand had shamelessly winked at the boy he liked, and it looked nothing like innocent. Total fuckboi move again, he is positive. But everytime he thinks of Jimin, he ends up doing something he should but shouldn't do. Something that a random person would find weird but yeah.

I mean.. it was healthy flirting in his eyes. It was certainly healthy for his mind. He loved watching Jimin roll his eyes while he smiled at getting something out of the other. Jungkook knew he became a different person with Jimin. Both in online and offline world.

If Jimin would know he is the same kookoo he loves, he'd flip the world. Jungkook would first ease Jimin to mix with him and get close and then disclose his secret. But by the look of what was happening now, he was sure the easing was going to be painfully long. But thats okay too, maybe things can take an unexpected turn, you know like in the movies. He was a hopeless romantic like that.

A loud whistle waking him up, almost scaring him. He could see figures approaching on his side but it took him a moment to move his feet and move ahead with Yoongi and suddenly another whistle could be heard.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, Jungkook? "

Yoongi asked exasperated. He had no one to pass the ball to, so he had to push it past one player and out of the court. His eyes glaring at Jungkook in the most scary way amd Jungkook slapped himself twice to wake up from his dream. If he is the reason they lose today, he would die of embarrassment. He definitely would.

He was the vice caption, someone as good as the Min Yoongi. Someone who no one can defeat. He had prepared his mind to believe it. The strongest of the people mentally and physically.

''Sorry hyung. Won't repeat it."

He said with determined eyes, almost like a skilled robot, taught and learned. Yoongi knew the other wasn't lying, he could trust Jungkook with that so he gave a quick nod and went back to covering the other player from the opposite team. The pass went way further than they thought, maybe the next team wanted to play aggressive from the start. It was a good idea to get maximum score in the first minutes of the game.

But Taehyung saw it coming and with a jump and a mini shoulder push and a 360 rotation with the ball, passed it back to the captain. Now, 20 minutes into the game and they were leading like they should be. But a difference of good at 8 points and decided to keep it that way untill the end. Winning the first game out of the 4 in total would make a good impression. Not like they needed any.

As Jungkook dribbled and duck a little to move to his right and pass the ball back to Taehyung, the said male preparing to catch, a force collided with him.. quite unexpected as he couldn't see it from his peripheral vision which sent him to the ground with a thud and a twisted foot as he lied on the ground with a wince. Jungkook glanced at his friend when the whistle went off again, who was obviously trying to hold back from making a face.

His jaw clenched as he narrowed his eyes at the person who actually tried to do it quite on purpose since visibly pushing is a foul and every basic rule should be known by a college team player. Not wanting to start something, he bit his tongue and moved to Taehyung.

"I am fine. I can play."

He heard. Which obviously meant, he cannot. Taehyung wouldn't agree or admit bit he was in no position to play for this game atleast as he winced every time he tried to put pressure on that ankle. Maybe the other player jabbed his foot on his ankle. He could barely stand.

"Replacement- number 13, Doyoung in."

Yoongi said as the other one was placed on the bench. He hated this. Being weak in Yoongi's eyes. It was what Taehyung hated the most. He remembers the same thing happening to Jungkook and Yoongi would still trust Jungkook and let him play. He felt stupid and humiliated. He should have seen the other playing coming and he wouldn't have been on the bench.

He felt someone's eyes on him and he looked around in intuition to find the same brown eyes looking back at him. The same one's that do everytime. Everytime he needed someone, everytime he felt sick, sad, frustrated; the same eyes looked back at him in concern. But this time the face with a sad pout changed a little as Taehyung smiled at Jimin reassuring he was fine.

"Tae bro, are you fine?"

A soft voice asked beside him and he nodded to his teammate.

"Its okay dude. Stretch out and take care, its a little swelling and will go away. I'm sure you can play in the next match."

The other person reassured. Atleast that made him feel less of a loser and hopeful but it was all upto Yoongi. Maybe he could bug Jungkook that he could play but only Yoongi made the final decision. He nodded and thanked his friend for the warm words.

__________♧__________

Sorry. Ik i updated after a long time.. but school is hard on me. No i am lying. I am not studying. But just stressing out under the name of school.

Anyways, Please vote and comment and share the story with your friends.
And thankyou for reading. Also we passed 1K. My first one, i hope many more come by.💜