15 - bonding

Trent said he'd stay with Aria, giving me a chance to shower and get dressed for the day. And that's exactly what I did.

I took my sweet time, letting the hot water trickle down my body as my wet hair clung to my back. I dried it, adding some curls into the long brown locks before heading into my closet. I settled with a pair of ripped jeans and a deep green sweater before heading downstairs.

I couldn't hear a single noise through the entire house, sparking my curiosity as to where the both of them were. But that question was soon answered when I walked into the kitchen, seeing the two of them sitting on the grass by the lake in the backyard.

Trent had Aria sat in his lap, his arms wrapping round her tiny body as he played his guitar. Arias eyes were fixed up at his face as he sang along to her.

Their backs were facing me, unaware I had slowly walked out to join them under the warmth of the sun. Trent had stopped his soft singing, simply strumming a beautiful melody on his guitar as he looked down at my daughter.

"Trent?" Aria asked. "Yes, princess?"

"Do you love my momma?" Aria asked innocently, making my heart flutter. Trent sighed, still playing the guitar as his eyes looked down at her. "Would it be ok with you if I did?"

Aria paused for a second. "Yeah. I like having you around. Plus, momma smiles more now...are you going to leave?" She asked.

"No, I'm not going to leave.." he said softly, resting his head on top of hers as his fingers played the soft melody. "I left your momma once. And it was the biggest mistake of my life. So I promise you..I'm not going anywhere. Plus, I couldn't leave behind my favourite cowgirl now, could I?" He chuckled, making Aria laugh too.

I didn't speak, instead I simply sat beside them which clearly started Trent. "Hey..when did you sneak out here?" He asked and I gave him a genuine smile. "Long enough."

My eyes watched in admiration at the way Aria looked up at Trent fuelled by pure joy and happiness.

Trent guided her fingers to strum along the guitar, teaching her as her little face morphed into concentration.

"So.." Trent started, his eyes still fixed on the little girl in his lap. "..I wanted to know if you had any plans this Saturday?" He asked.

"I don't think so. Why? What did you have in mind?" I ask him, a smile on my face as he looked at me. Only this time he looked nervous to ask me, which only made me feel the same way.

"Well..Andrew called me this morning. Said he just heard I was up for some award. I guess I just wondered if you'd want to come?.." he paused briefly before continuing his fast-paced rant.

"I mean I totally get it of you don't. There will be press there. You probably don't want that, I get it."

I stopped his rant, pressing my hands against his face. "Take a breath, cowboy." I chuckled, making him relax. "What award is it?" I ask curiously and his eyes landed on the open water in front of us.

"It's..um..a billboard music award.." he quietly trailed off as my eyes widened.

Holy. Shit.

"You're kidding.." I speak in a whisper, making his eyes land on me. "Nope." He said, popping the 'p' as he shakes his head.

"That's INCREDIBLE!" I squeal out, planting a brief kiss on his lips as Aria turned her nose up. "Eww momma!" She said before getting up, heading over to the swing.

Trent stood up, me following suit as he smirks down at me. "I mean it!" I call out, wrapping my arms around his neck. His strong arms instantly snaked around my waist as he buried his face in the crook of my neck.

"Im so proud of you.." I whisper, a huge smile on my face. "Are you sure you want me there?" I ask. "I mean this is one of the biggest music awards ever. I won't be offended if you don't want to take some girl from Hayfields with you." I say genuinely, but Trent instantly pulls out of our embrace.

His eyes look at me seriously, shaking his head in disbelief. "You're not some girl, Giovanna Romano. You're my girl. There's no one else I'd rather have by my side. Let the whole world know that I've finally found my way back to you." He said, his fingers tracing along my jaw as I flashed him a huge smile.

"Okay. I'll come with you." I laugh, as he plants a brief kiss on my lips. "Wait..does that mean.."

He interrupts me. "Pack for the hot weather, baby. I'm taking you to LA for the weekend." He smirks down at the excited glint in my eyes. I'd never been.

"Ohh.." I chuckle out, patting his chest. "How naive. You do realise I'm going to have to head out and do some serious shopping, right?" Trent playfully rolls his eyes as I start walking away from him.

"Where are you going!?" He laughs, calling at me as I walk back up to the house. I pull out my phone, waving it in the air.

"Shopping! I can't turn up on your arm in a simple dress. You good watching Aria? Or should I call you backup? I'm sure Hudson wouldn't mind!" I laugh and he shakes his head.

"I think we'll be just fine. I'll see you soon, beautiful!" He calls out as I slide back into the house, instantly calling Grace.

"Hey girl, I'm here with Ellie." Grace instantly says as Ellie's voice echoes down the other line. "Good! Close up shop. We're going shopping. I'll explain everything on the way. But it's urgent." I said as they both shuffled in the background, keys clanking as I hear the door closing behind them.

"Already done. We're on the way."

That interaction with Trent and Aria was just too cute!!Please leave some feedback! It helps out a lot

Please leave some feedback! It helps out a lot.