19 - victorious

The evening drags out painfully slow, in anticipation for Trent's category. But finally it came around.

"And for our Top Male Artist of the Yeah Award.." the male spoke on stage, listing Trent's name alongside many others.

I grip his hand under the table, flashing him a big smile. "Have faith." I mouth to him, making him chuckle.

"And the award goes to..."

"Trent Donovan."

The crowd erupts into applause as Trent looks shocked. I clasp my hands over my mouth, eyes welling up with pride as he kisses the top of my head before walking up on stage.

He shakes the guys hand, taking his award as he stands in front of the microphone.

"Wow..I mean, I didn't think I'd win tonight. That's for sure." He chuckled, the audience following. "I would like to thank my manager, my amazing team and band who have worked incredibly hard over these eight years to get us here.."

He lists off a few more people before taking a deep breath. "But there's one thank you that has to be made. One bigger than the rest. And that is to Gee...the one person who has inspired me my entire life. Inspired all of my music. Someone who gave me the kind of love which will continue to inspire me for the rest of my life...And thanks for everyone for voting for me. It means a lot." He says, holding up the award before walking off stage.

I wipe a stray tear off my cheek, eyes falling on me as faint music plays in the background. Ten minutes later, Trent comes back to the table with a huge smile on his face.

I stand up, pulling him down to me by the back of his neck as I kiss him with pure passion. He hesitantly pulls back from me, his lips hovering over my ear. "I can't kiss you like that. Not when you look this good and I can't do anything about it." He admits in my ear, making me laugh loudly.

"Congratulations, Mr Top Male Artist of the Damn Year!" I yell out, hugging him as he runs his fingers through my hair. "You had faith." He clarifies and I pull back, smirking at him. "Hate to say I told you so..but I kind of did tell you so!" I say smugly as he rolls his eyes playfully.

"Congratulations, T." A woman's voice speaks from behind me. And, from the look on Trent's face, one could only assume this was not someone I wanted to meet.

I forced on a fake smile, turning towards the woman who stood by us. "Thanks." Trent says bluntly to the woman, his arm possessively wrapping round my waist.

"Where are my manners?" She says insincerely, offering her hand out to me. "I'm Demi. Demi Fisher." I place my hand in hers, shaking it briefly. "Giovanna." I say as polite as I can.

Something about this woman wasn't sitting right with me. Trent's whole demeanour changed when he saw her. Who was she?

Her eyebrows furrow for a moment, analysing my face. "You do look familiar now I'm thinking about it.."

Her fake smile briefly washed away as she realises. "You're the girl from the wall." She almost spits out. I feel Trent's arm around my waist instantly tense up as he sighs, knowing this was about to get very awkward.

The wall. The wall of photos in his bedroom. The wall filled with pictures of our friends. Of me.

"Mhmm." I hum in confirmation, clenching my jaw in frustration as she subtly glared at me. My mind goes crazy, imagining the worst scenarios of the two of them. In that room.

I wanted the ground go swallow me WHOLE right now.

"Well..enjoy your evening. Goodbye T.." she smirks at him seductively before her eyes turn cold towards me. "Giovanna." She hissed before walking out of sight.

"Gee.." Trent begins but I put on a fake smile. "Look where we are." I say to him, looking happy as he noticed a few eyes were on us. "We'll talk about whatever the hell that was when we leave." I say, sitting back down.

The rest of the evening dragged out. Finally it was time for us to leave. He got the car from valet, before speeding away from the venue. The car ride was silent. I didn't really know what to say.

I couldn't be mad at him for sleeping with someone in the eight years we didn't speak. I mean look at me! I got married and had a kid in that time. I just didn't like it being shoved in my face like that.

He sighed in frustration, screeching the car to an unexpected stop on an empty backroad. "What the hell, Trent?" I say shocked after being launched forward in my seat from his sudden stop.

"I can't bear to drive in this weird silence. Just say something. Anything." He almost pleads, sounding frustrated.

I sigh. "I'm not mad. You slept with someone in those eight years. I can't be mad. I mean look at me. I had a child in that time. But she just...ugh I don't know Trent."

He runs a hand through his hair, softening up as he realises I'm just conflicted. "I'm sorry." I say. "I just don't like the thought of going back in that room where I now know she was. She just rubbed it in my face." I confess.

I felt so stupid for saying that. Of course he had other women there. But that's different. Those women didn't have a face. A name to me. This one did.

"Then we won't go in that room." He said point blank. "Simple. Well sleep in one of the other rooms. Where I can promise you I haven't slept with anyone in." He smirks slightly at me.

"Okay." I sigh in defeat, letting myself smile up at him. His eyes left my eyes, wandering down my face as they fix on my mouth.

He licks his lips, smirking before flicking his eyes back up to mine. "Trent.." I whisper lowly, feeling heat travel through my body as he stares at me with a hunger I've never seen in him before.

"Yes, baby?" He whispers back, his finger lightly tracing up my exposed leg. "Drive back to the damn house now." I breathe out, making him chuckle as he floors it back. "Sounds good to me."

What are we thinking? Do you think Demi will cause problems with them two?Leave your comments for me to read through!

Leave your comments for me to read through!