20 - morning after the night before

My body jolted upright, gasping for breath as sweat drips down my forehead. My eyes scan the dark bedroom as I come back to reality. Just a nightmare.

"You ok?" Trent's deep, sleep voice rasps out. He turns over, tracing his finger up my bare back as he looks at me seriously.

I woke my forehead with the back of my hand, hugging the bedsheets into my naked body as I nod, my breath still catching in my throat. "Just a bad dream. I'm ok. You go back to sleep.." I say, giving him a soft kiss on the forehead as I grab his black button up shirt off the floor beside me.

I stand up, slipping it on my body as my trembling fingers do the buttons up. "Where are you going, baby?" He rasps out. "Just getting a drink, you sleep." I whisper, stroking his hair a few times, planting a kiss on his forehead before his breathing becomes softer. He was asleep again.

I walk down into the kitchen, turning on the dim lights under the counter as I drank a glass of cold water, reliving the horrific dream I had. Her hands all over him in my room. Him moaning her name when I walk in. Physically being able to hear the shattering of my heart as he looks me in the eyes. Her body still on his as he smirks at me, continuing his work on Demi's body.

I wrap my arms around my body, his scent filling my nose from his shirt as I slowed my breathing down. It was just a dream. Trent isn't Carson. He would never do that. But I couldn't help but think about my past.

I've only ever had one cheating dream and that was with Carson. Then, a few weeks later, I caught him with someone else.

But that's not Trent, Giovanna. He isn't like that. It's just because you met Demi tonight. That's it. I glance over at the oven, seeing the time.

4:34am.

I decided I wasn't going to get anymore sleep tonight. So I headed into the living room, turning on the tv as I grabbed a blanket out of the basket in the corner of the room.

I curl up under the fluffy blanket, pulling up Netflix as I decide to watch a few episodes of The Originals. This was my third time watching the series, so I was aware of the storyline already. It was just one of them shows I watched when I needed that comfort.

Unintentionally, I fell asleep sitting upright on the couch. My legs pulled against my chest, my arms holding them there, head rested against the back of the sofa as my body was engulfed by the big fluffy blanket.

"Baby.." a soft voice spoke, stroking my hair as my eyelids flutter open. Trent was stood over me, hair messy, wearing only a pair of shorts as he looks down at me with concern in his eyes.

He turns the tv off, lowering himself so he was crouched beside the sofa. "Did you never come back to bed?" He asks and I shake my head, telling him I didn't as I yawned.

"I knew I should've got up with you.." he sighs, squeezing beside me on the sofa. He pulls the large blanket over himself too as I lay down, intertwining out bodies as my hands trailed along his bare chest.

"Just..don't hurt me.." I whisper out, barely audible. But from his tense body beneath me, he heard. Loud and clear. "What made you ask that?" He asks, his eyes looking down at my sleepy face with an intense seriousness.

"Please just...promise me...promise you won't? I got over it when Carson cheated. But I couldn't get over it if you did. I'm in too deep.." I admit quietly, my voice breaking slightly.

His face softened, looking sad as he pecked the top of my head. "You hear that?" He said as my head was rested over his heart. "It only beats for you. It's always been you, Gee. Will always be you. Even with all that time apart, it was only ever yours." He reassured me, making me feel more relaxed.

"Okay.." I smile slightly as his fingers run through my hair. "I promise." I said and he looked down at me. "I promise the same. I won't hurt you either."

He looked down at me, returning my sleepy smile as he gave me a loving kiss before snuggling us up together.

And that's how we spent the entire morning. We came to LA for a nice trip too. See the area. But we only left his house once to go to the beach. Not that I'm complaining. This is exactly where I wanted to be.

Alone. Enjoying his company. Just the two of us. Lost in our own little world, even it was just for a weekend.

But I know I will leave here more confident. More reassured. He told me his heart only ever beat for me. Only ever will beat for me. And that's all I needed to hear. All I needed.

I had faith in this.

Even if I didn't know what this was going to look like soon. Would he stay here? Would be nice back to Hayfields? I know he said he'd get a place in Hayfields. But that doesn't mean he's staying..right? Yet he told Aria he wasn't leaving again. So he was staying in Texas?

I had no idea.

But I don't let those thoughts trouble my mind anymore. I let my mind be filled with the now. His body. How he held me against his body as if it was the last time he'd ever touch me. Like he needed to memorise every inch. He craved my touch just as much I craved his.

Trent Donovan officially consumes me again. Almost every inch of my soul. It belongs to him.

Hey guys! How'd you like this? Let me know!Also, the drama will be ramping up soon

Hey guys!
How'd you like this? Let me know!
Also, the drama will be ramping up soon. So be ready for it.
Enjoy.