44 - Fly me to Sicily

We all ended up following the tour bus for a week. All together. Trent played a few shows, but made an announcement to everyone that he would be cancelling shows for the next three days so we could fly to Sicily.

Against what his label advised him, he gave refunds to everyone who was meant to be coming to the show, and said he'd still be performing, just a few days later. He wanted those people to come for free. Still watch him perform. But he was adamant he wouldn't be missing my father's funeral.

From the insane amount of support he got on social media and from fans we met on the road, he was ready to leave. So we hopped on his jet and flew home.

Antonio and his family got there the day before us, so it was just us left. Our cars pulled up outside the grand house. The house my parents lived in together for ten years.

Aria went rushing into my moms arms, which she was welcomed with the biggest hug she's ever gotten. Hudson, Grace and Ellie all hugged my mom and they shed a few tears before carrying the bags inside.

I was just slouched in the passenger seat of the car still. "You ok?" Trent asked as I bit down on my lip. "Yeah, just feel really sick. Think it's all the stress and the travelling." I admit as he presses his hand against my forehead.

"You're burning up a little bit. Let's get you inside, get some water." He says as the both of us get out the car. "Amore mio, sembri malato. (My love, you look sick.)" My Mom says to me, pulling me into a hug before flashing me a concerned look.

"Sto bene. È solo il viaggio. (It is fine. It's just the travelling.)" I reassure her as she embraces Trent. "Is my baby taking care of herself, son?" Her thick Italian accent asks Trent who nods. "She is. I've been making sure of it." He gives my mother a smile as the three of us head inside.

"You two can take Gio's room." My mom says to us as we walk towards the kitchen. "You'll love it, Trent. Perfect view of the fields!" My mom walks ahead with Trent as they catch up. She seems to be handling this as well as you could.

But me? I was a wreck. A part of me was in denial I think. But I'm sure the funeral tomorrow will make it all real.

As I approached the kitchen, my eyes landed on a big picture in the hallway. It was all of us last summer. My parents. Antonio and Hannah, their kids too. And then Aria and I. All here. In this house.

A wave of nausea washed over me as I sprinted to the bathroom which was next to the kitchen. I swung the door open, gripping my dark curls in one hand as I hunched over the toilet, spilling the contents of my stomach.

A pair of hands grabbed my hair as both of my hands gripped onto the toilet, continuing to throw up. His familiar hands rubbed my back, holding the hair out of my face as I threw up everything i could.

I flushed the toilet, sitting on the ground as Trent went and grabbed me a glass of water. "Here.." he said softly, handing me the glass as he shut the bathroom door behind him.

He sat opposite me as I sipped the water. "I saw a picture of us all. The one in the hallway. It just made me feel sick thinking of everything he was going to miss.." I admit as Trent gives me a sad look.

"He might not be here. But this is Lorenzo Romano we're talking about. He's not going to miss anything. He's going to be watching it all unfold." Trent flashes me a sad smile. He was right. My dad was still here. He always will be.

"Come on..your brother just got back. He's asking where you are." Trent adds, holding his hands out as he pulls me to my feet. After swirling mouthwash round in my mouth, I head back into the kitchen.

"Hey, you.." Antonio's said voice speaks from behind me. I turn around, pulling him into a hug as he strokes my hair. "I missed you.." I admit as he hugs me tighter. "I missed you too."

"Come. Let's go for a walk in the vineyard.." Antonio says as we head out the house. My parents house is in the middle of a vineyard. A Bobby my mom took up when they moved back out here. We often strolled through it, the two of us. A peaceful place to talk.

We spent a few minutes talking about being on tour for a week, what he did. But as we had gotten far enough from the house, he stopped me. Antonio looked down at me with serious yet curious eyes. "How long?" He asked me.

Confused, I furrowed my brows at him. "What are you talking about, Antonio?"

He chuckled slightly, rolling his eyes with a smile on his face. "I work in a hospital, remember? It's so obvious!"

"What's obvious? Am I missing something here?" I ask him as his face turns from amused to slightly shocked. "You have no idea?" He asks.

"Uhh..clearly not." I scoff at him.

"Sei incinta?" He asks as my eyes widen in shock at his question.