Chapter 27

"Where are 'ya taking me Lac's?"
The blonde said, looking left and right, making sense of the roads Lucas was leading him into.
"Lac?" The wolf demon asked curiously.

"Short for Lucas, dumbo"

"How-" he paused. "You like giving me nicknames huh?" He nudged the blonde, smirking smugly.

"Fuck off. Your name's too long" Lucas chuckled, "you're being lazy" he teased.

Anthony rolled his eyes,"Don't take me for an idiot, I know you're changing the subject."

Lucas raised both of his arms,"Caught red handed huh?"

"Only by the best" Anthony giggled as he pointed to himself.

"You really have a thing for this Tony, where'd you learn to be so observant?" He asked the grinning blonde, who was too self absorbed to showcase his achievements and talents.

"Well I work on 'da mafia, my dad's runnin' 'da business for 'da family."

"Family? You mean all of you?"

"Yah all of us, my sister, my brother, my mom. We all trained. I can't keep up with Niss though and he always rub the salt about it" Anthony chuckled remembering a past memory,"Molls supports me though she always has, she's the best fuckin' sister in the whole universe, I really miss her. If I return home I'll gladly take on that bear hugs of her's", he giggled. "Even though usually.."
Anthony stopped his words and slapped his mouth.

"Shit"

"So you lied huh" Anthony looked away and nodded.

"Why?"

The blonde stayed silent for a moment, deciding what best to reply. "I..I have my reasons"

"Well that makes two of us" Anthony looked back at the demon beside him.

"Sorry Tony, I have my reasons as well."

Lucas stopped walking and Anthony knew why, they already arrived at their destination. And indeed, the place did brought back past memories.

There before him written at the top of the building: Porn Studio

And his heartbeat started to get faster.

"Lucas what the actual fuck!?" Anthony screamed at him, he didn't know what to feel. But one things for sure he needed answers.

The wolf demon stayed silent.

"Why? Why the fuck would you bring me here!?"

Silence yet again.

"It's not funny asshole, c'mon let's go back." He tried pulling but the demon wouldn't budge.
He just stood there, eyeing Anthony with a blank face. Anthony didn't had a choice but to slap his cheek, somehow he wished that was all it took for him to stop behaving so strangely.
"Stop being an asshole dumblucass!" He shouted at his face.

"Ten.."

The demon chanted his eyes becoming that of a television who lost its connection.

"Nine..".

Anthony still hadn't let go in gripping his arm.

"Eight.."

Demons began appearing in huge numbers.

"Seven.."

Grinning, chuckling, laughing they all started getting closer and closer towards him.

"Six.."

The disguise he had was useless, and as he took glances and observed all of them.
He realized that the sinners were the newly checked in patrons of the hotel.
There was no redeeming this guys.

"Five.."

He grabbed the pistol in his pockets and started shooting.

"Four.."

Anthony sighed. There was no end to the demons. After getting shot they just continue to stand back again. And his bullets were far from enough to take them all out. He glanced at the demon beside him, squeezing his claws even though they were sharp and dealt damage to his own. With a mellow voice he started talking,
"You know..I considered you as my friend." He whispered looking down. His gun was finally out of bullets.

"Thre....-really?" A screeching noise could be heard and the demon closed his eyes. When he opened them, one eye returned to normal while the other remained the same.

Anthony nodded, his orbs fixated to the pebbles on the ground.

"Why are 'ya counting?" He asked quietly, perhaps in his mind he already knew why.

"Tony you should get out of here" the demon said seriously, he also squeezed the blonde's hand. It was a nice feeling, Anthony's hand was soft and warm. He knew he would really miss it.

"The times when we were both planting flowers were nice.." the human started talking again. He was smiling softly but was still looking down. "You were different from the rest, you helped me plant flowers and--"

He stopped himself when he heard another ear mortifying screech next to him.
"A-Anthony I--" like a broken television another screeching sound was heard

"Three.."

The countdown continued

Anthony was undeniably scared but he was frozen on the spot. He couldn't move, and it was futile if he had anyway. Imps and Devil's were still getting nearer to him.

//CRASH//

A loud crash happened.

"You seem to be quite in a pinch." A familiar voice spoke, he hadn't heard that in a while.

One flick and he teleported close to the blonde. "Why must you always get yourself in trouble?"
Anthony's eyes lit up.
"Smiles!" His grip tightened to the wolf's hands.

"S-smiles you like deals right?" Alastor raised a brow.

"I-I'll make a deal with you! save Lucas and.. I...I'll do whatever you want! Anything at all! Just please save Lucas!"
Anthony could feel hot tears streaming down his cheeks.

"No" Anthony's eyes went wide. He knew the Radio demon was serious, his voice had made it more obvious. There was no radio filter in it, nor was it his usual cheer. It was autharive and held no remorse.

Anthony's breath hitched, and he couldn't swallow the bile forming on his throat.

"WHY?!" He screamed. "Why won't you!"
Tears started falling again and he had no way of stopping the waterworks.
He just continue to scream questions at the radio demon.
Until his vocal cords couldn't take the strain any longer, his voice became quieter.
"Al save him please...I beg you.." he let out a sob. "H-he's my friend.."
The water droplets continue to trinkle down his porcelain cheeks.

"One.."

Another screech was heard. The wolf demon blinked and his eyes returned to his normal shade of oak.

"Thanks Tony but it's true I can't be saved and I'd rather blow up on my own than take you with me." He tore Anthony's hand that was gripping tightly on his palm.

"Goodbye and I hope we meet again.."

He shoved him to Alastor who caught the blonde in his arms and immediately teleported a few meters away.

And so the explosion erupted.

to be continued...