Chapter 37

Nothing could be more tedious than to converse with someone you are most disinterested with.

"Al dear, we need to talk."

"Mimzy darling, as much as I would love to confabulate and entertain your silly little fantasies, I have much to do!"

"Oh please, I would love to hear about the activities you have been busy with" The demonette smiled, her eyes were narrowed to a line. She was more than ready to hear all of his excuses.

Alastor was not a willing participant to this conversation. The demonette had her attention occupied to invading his personal space, as well as his matters. Considering, how she had been acting since the beginning of the day, it would not be a surprise if she wanted to talk about a certain someone.

"Care to join me for tea, Al?"

The radio demon stared at her, not even slightly contemplating on the question.
"No."

"Are you still displeased by my behavior? Well I apologize, I didn't mean to be so rude" Mimzy batted her lashes for a while to look regretful, "But honestly I could not even fathom that you of all people would make any move to regain your relationship with him. Have you seen him Al? I'm not sure if you have noticed but he looked distressed, something is surely bothering him. And I'm not just talking about you and him but-"

"Are you quite finished?" He cuts.

Mimzy bit the inside of her mouth. Closed her eyes, and sighed. "I am beginning to think that you truly do not care for him." She squeezed the fabric of her dress, leaving a strain on the satin.
"But Alastor" She exhaled breathlessly.
"I see the way you look at him."

"Do you truly dislike him, Al? or are you afraid...and you made yourself believe that? "

Alastor shook his head. His eyes were soul less, like two black holes. His mouth a straight line. His face masked with an impassive expression.
"Mimzy, what would you know?"

The demonette flinched at the low pitch in his voice. But she schooled her face to remain neutral and unbothered.

"I am certain that you do... indeed you do hold a bit of affection for him."

"And how would you know that?"
Mimzy held the glare he was receiving from the radio demon. She had begun this and she was not about to lose it.

"Let me return the question Alastor. Why are you still here?"

The radio demon clicked his tongue, "Undoubtedly I belong in hell Mimzy, you of all demon should know that."

"I do not entertain your sarcasm. I am asking you a genuine question and I do hope you answer with much truth you can give on the matter. Why do you remain to stay in this hotel? Haven't you had your fun? Played Charlie for a fool and broke Anthony's hea-"

A nearby window broke into shards. Mimzy gazed to the window and back to the radio demon, she held back a conceited grin.

"I assure you that your little fantasies are purely delusional. These are insignificant details that may still play a role for me seeking entertainment."

"And we're you entertained, Alastor?"

The demonette was met with silence. She stared at the red clad demon, studying his reaction. He seemed a bit taken a back by the question, there was no immediate response or sarcastic remarks. Surely this could be a bit of hope.

"I had been"

And of course, it would be as quickly ruined the moment he opens his mouth.
Mimzy sighed in exasperation.