Chapter 35: Crimson Roses

Anthony, from the corner of his eye, can see the Red clad demon chatting away with a Lady demonette. He had met her once, though he did not have the pleasure to converse with her due to the circumstances he caused himself, however, it is not like he liked the idea at all.
Mimzy was a lady for sure, she was as formal as he was, dressed in her gown of red crimson silk, surely she did that to match him. His stomach churned in an uncomfortable way. He did not have the right to be jealous. He knew that. Yet he is still here, sitting on one of the chairs of the tiny pub. Sipping a cup of water he finished half an hour ago.

The bartender clears his throat to catch his attention, "Kid, 'ya know I can refill the glass for you."
Anthony tensed up, too caught up from his thoughts, he hardly noticed Husk at all.
"Well isn't this dejà vu", the chimera says as he pours the pitcher unto the cup.

Anthony shrugs at him and began to drink again. His eyes sneaking glances to the two demons. Unconsciously, biting his bottom lip in the process.
His heart clenched whenever he hears Alastor raise his voice, those chuckles he often hear from him not so long ago, that creepy permanent grin he was used to seeing. And whenever he uses those stupid endearments to Anthony, was flashing in his mind.
This was hopeless. He was so hopelessly inl-
He placed the cup back to the table, averting his gaze, it was too dangerous, he just knew at some point their eyes would meet. And it would seem like Anthony was staring at him the whole time. Which is not so far from the truth.

"Want another refill?" Husk cuts infront, holding his pitcher towards his cup.
Anthony shakes his head. "Thanks, but no. I'm done for 'da day."

Husk eyes him weirdly, but did not dare to question further. He knew he would not get an honest reply anyway. The bartender nods and grabs the cup, to place in the side, where he puts the other used cups.

"See 'ya Husk" Anthony grins, as he stood up from the stool, walking away, he waved at him. Husk only stared at his disappearing figure.

It took another heartbeat before he glanced to the two demons, noticing the other one staring at the direction of where Anthony was headed.

Satan. What the heck is this two idiots doing.

Mimzy wanted to explore the gardens. Of all places.
He wanted to stop her, though she would only berate him that it was the only good scenery at the Hazbin Hotel. Albeit he wanted to disagree, he really could not lie.

"Oh Al! Can you not just teleport us with your magic?" She pouts at him, she made it look like her misery mattered to him.

"No I'm afraid not Mimzy dear!, I far too like the exercise you see, don't you?"

It was all lies, the Radio demon was being careful not to have an encounter with a certain someone. It was early morning, it was known to be the time to water the plants.

"I am sure you have every opportunity to exercise somewhere else, darling." She says, a scowl appearing on her lips.
"I do think that you are wasting my time."

He was indeed stalling. Her assumption is correct, but there was really nothing she could do about it.

Alastor turns to her, and grins.

He knew that.

The two demons entered the garden.
Mimzy gasped at the scene, all the flowers had wilted a bit, it wasn't often taken care of for sure. It looked much more lively the last time she visited. She turns to frown at Alastor.
"It doesn't look as beautiful." She sighs dramatically.
Alastor leered at her, "Looks fine to me."