Chapter 33

He stares at the scene of hell fire and burning buildings, broken body parts, disfigured limbs, and oozing blood. He could not help but sigh, though not because of what was occuring in his very eyes. It was quiet and hot. The heat prickling his pale skin. He was not accustomed to this temperature. Neither did he belong.

He used his right arm to raise his heavy head. Thoughts and memories occupying every space of his mind, making it weigh more than it should.
When his arms had finally turned numbed, he let his head fell on the railing of the window. The pain shot through his forehead, but he could not have cared less. That was the least of his worries.
He stayed in there for about a few minutes before his arms had began to tire once more.
He hated the silence and what comes after it.

Everyone was outside either to do something important or what they casually do. Anthony was a bit bitter, there was of no essential task he was compelled to do, nor does he have anything. He do tends the plants at the rooftop, but that had become boring after many days. And he would not admit it, but every now and then he was scared. Scared that he would remember that again and he would cry for the rest of the evening. There were those lucky days which he didn't mind and would do what he wants. But life, as it always is, sucks. Why couldn't he just be brave always?

Even Husk was not around. The chimera who you would always see nursing a bottle of wine, from morning till night, had gone off too. Probably somewhere dangerous or a place to get more wine or both. He would never know for he is stuck in the hotel.

Anthony felt a shiver run through his spine. The room was finally becoming a bit colder. He moved his legs curiously, now that the heat finally calmed down. He marches as if he was on an adventure.
He walks to the small pub, a glint of mischief in his eyes.
Charlie would never know. How would Vaggie know? Husk wouldn't care. He chuckles like a mad man.
He grabs the bottle of wine nearest to him but returns it soon after. He tried to grab for another bottle, this time succeeding in his task. What luck he has! Strawberry juice on the second try!
He laughs again.
Anthony knew he was making everything so dramatic, though what more form of entertainment was there?
He could atleast unwind himself with his thoughts. After all, there was nobody with him.

He was on his second glass, and he consumed the innards of the cup in one go, pretending for the nth time he drank, that it was alcohol. The cold mixture hit his throat and he sighed in relief. The hot temperature finally subsided in his skin. Taking another sip of his cup, he realized the ice had melted, he reached for the small compartment, after opening he took a few ice cubes to put in his drink.
He repeated that process for half an hour, he only did stop after realizing that his stomach could no longer hold that absurd amount of strawberry juice. What an ungrateful thing.

Anthony placed his face on the wooden table of the pub. He had no pillow, but he did not want to use his arm again.
The temperature had began to rise again, like having a heater in the middle of a summer day the situation was stupid. Sweat was trickling in his forehead dropping onto the table. Husk was going to be mad, but could he deal with him? Yes. But could he deal with the current heat? No.
The chimera would just have to deal with it.

His lips were dry and it was a bit alarming how he was thirsty again.
He groans, "Damn weather.."

And like a magic word the room suddenly felt cold. The temperature was dropping finally, Anthony murmurs happily.
He let his head rest more on the table. Though whatever happened confused him immensely, maybe it was better to remain ignorant.

Anthony's ears twitched when he heard a noise in the door-way. Well he assumed it was the door-way. Curiosity took over him. He raises his head to take a peek at the direction of the noise.

His bright emerald eyes met those dark bloody red orbs.

Alastor was staring at him, his ears were standing up, Anthony guessed that he was as surprised as he was. That wasn't very relieving though.

Both of them looked away, Anthony returned to resting his head on the wooden table. Alastor has left the room through the door.

You might have learned from the past complications, the result of curiosity to a person. But our little fellow Anthony just like his heart is stupidly naive.

---

The front door flew open, Charlie and Vaggie walked inside the hotel carrying a few bags of groceries. Husk was behind them carrying cases of alcohol.
Charlie placed the groceries on the table in the living room, Vaggie followed her carrying her part of the shopping.
Charlie was grinning from ear to ear, having her usual demeanor of happiness. Vaggie smiles at her before wrapping her arms around her girlfriend, hugging her.

Husk placed the cases near the bar, he still has to place the bottles individually to their rightful place but for the moment he was unable to do that.
Anthony was hogging his table. Damn brat.
Husk looks around the pub again, Anthony had better not have stolen one of his alcohol. He knew how mischievous the brat is, but also how the other cannot handle his alcohol. No matter the alcohol content it has.

A bottle rolled down his legs, the familiar packaging as well as the label, made it clearly known what it was— strawberry honey juice.
He eyes the blonde suspiciously.

Strawberry huh..

His eyes squinted before fulling opening, his mouth naturally opened to let out a yawn. He stretched his sore muscles, before looking around.
His eyes met the bartender who was staring at him, though glaring was the right word to describe it.
"I don't recall giving you permission to drink my crap." Husk scowled.

Anthony scoffs, "You don't even drink that 'crap' ", he pauses, "besides I'm the only customer 'ya got."

Husk clicks his tongue, "Touché"

Anthony chuckles, he then stood up to remove himself from the stool.
He did have a goal after all, the hot temperature outside his room would not be so endured just for boredom.
He glanced to Husk,
"Did Charlie and Vaggie happen to come back?"

Husk looks at him, something in his eyes was telling him that he has something more to convey. But Husk tore his gaze away before Anthony could even ponder and even before having the courage to ask. Husk nods, "Yeah, they did."

Anthony thanked him silently before averting his attention. He walks in the hallways and towards Charlie's office.

After he arrived at the door, he let out the breath he was holding since long before. He didn't even realize. He shook his head and soon knocked on the door.
The door opened a welcomed hug soon came after him. The princess of hell and her infamous bear hug never gets old.

"Charles?" Anthony asks while giggling, "Did something good happen?"

Charlie never let go of him, She laughs, her laugh vibrating through him.

"You wouldn't guess what happened Anthony! Father said you could leave in no more than a month!"

Those words rang through his head, each syllables repeating, maybe he heard her wrong, or not, was it possible? She's literally clinging to him. Couldn't have been. What is he even talking about.

His mind was a mess. Charlie's heartbeat was skipping excitedly, mixing with his own, was that excitement? Is that even Charlie's heartbeat? Is that his then?

Why is he even questioning if he's excited?

He should be, Shouldn't he?

Wasn't this what he always wanted from the start?

What's with the questions?

What is there to be confused about?

He did want to leave. He really did.

But not like this.

to be continued...