Chapter 22

"Well uh.. his a sponsor to 'da hotel." Anthony replied looking everywhere except the wolf demon's eyes and serious gaze.
That made the demon even more intrigued seeing the cat demon's reaction and how he scoot away from him, though Lucas just scoot even closer. Not even maintaining a space for Anthony to breath from the hot-seat his getting.
"Just a sponsor? I've heard you have a relationship with him."
Anthony would have whistle and blow up like an overheated kettle right about now,if only he wasn't already chanting to himself for calmness and peace of mind.
"What?psssh." He waved off his hand to the demon's face while he tried to push him back a little for some personal space."It's not like that, it's uh.. a sponsor and client relationship. Yep t-that's it." He awkwardly shot Lucas a smile.
The wolf demon stared at him still with a very serious expression.
"Really?" Lucas gave him 'the look'
you know the look you give when you're investigating someone wether they are lying or not. You know like the pretending to be a lie detector thing.

Anthony nervously chuckle but it came out like a dry faked laugh.
"O-of course. What else is there?"

"That's great!" He chimed.

"H-Huh?" Anthony asked quizzically.

"I mean if you two had a relationship I'd obviously give up right away, but it's relieving to know that wasn't the case." He scratched the back of his head, smiling sheepishly.
Anthony was also relieved in a different way..

Anthony had already finished his daily routine of tending the plants at the garden's rooftop as well as entertaining the clients who have happened to be most of Valentino's staff(who wasn't killed by Alastor of course)trying to redempt and start a new.

Anthony let the warmth of the mattress engulfed him as he snuggle his head to the fluffy pillow on his right.Seems like everyone has already gone to sleep for the hotel was in a very silent state.
Well that's great, a good night sleep was all he needed from a very tiring day. He slowly closed his eyelids and took off to dreamland..

[KNOCK] [KNOCK]

The pounding of his door made his ears twitch.
Who the fuck would be awake at this hour?

As he grumbled at the mysterious person and regrettably stood up from his very comfortable and warm bed, he made his way to his door and harshly opened the fucking stupid doorknob.
"For lucifer's sake!it's almost fuckin' midnight and here 'ya are disturbing people from their damn beauty sleep. Have you got no sha..-sh.....Al?"

"Why hello to you too Anthony." The dapper man greeted as he made a small bow to the young lad at the other side of the door with eyes as large as big round plates.

Anthony immediately dusted his dress and made his face look decent from the minute Alastor made the gesture.
"So wassup smiles?Why 'ya visiting me at this hour?" The blonde leaned at the door's frame.
While keeping his beating heart nice and calm.
Holy shit! the deer man just made another visit through his room. On all the unholy spirits of hell don't tell him it's another dinner date.
He bit his lip from the incoming wide smile about to crept on his face.

Unnoticeable to the giddy human the demon standing in front of him tightened its grin.
"Well,I've heard rumors that you are quite acquainted with a filthy wolf creature named luke?"

Filthy..wolf...creature...named....Luke...
wolf...wolf...Wolf!
"Lucas?" Anthony asked and stated,he wasn't really sure.
Alastor shook his head at the said name.
"Doesn't matter. I'm just hear to inform you my dear. It's best if you stay away from the fellow."

Now Anthony was left dumbfounded,
"Why?"

"For your own good." Alastor grinned."Though of course the decision is still up to you."
He flicked his fingers and he was suddenly engulfed with green flames as well as shadows, Anthony was about to protest.
"Wait! Al!"
But he was cut short by the radio demon,
"Good day"

And like the attic before, Alastor was gone without even a hint of him being there.

"Da fuck 's up with him?" Anthony muttered.

He suddenly showed up late at night warning him about Lucas which in fact is more suspicious than him saying the ignorant wolf demon can't be good for him.

Though logically speaking, Al never joke or even say unnecessary stuff if it's not the truth or what's good for you.
Alastor was the one protecting him this whole time it would be shameless of Anthony to not listen to him.

However

It's a bit unfair if he suddenly ignored the Wolf demon, even though they were both enjoying talking with each other earlier. It would be really rude even for him.

He closed the door,press the lock and slumped into the fluffy pink mattress.
The softness was really inviting but it's unfortunate his mind was occupied by something else.

Lucas was really kind, even though he earned a million of kicks,slaps ,punches and insults from Anthony the lad doesn't seem to give up. And also him being ignorant is also his few charming points,it's kinda laughable how his too innocently idiotic.

But then again

Alastor who have helped him ever since he got here,was his savior, he knew the demon only wanted to protect him from other demons because of the incident that happend a few days ago in hell's porn studio.
It wasn't really surprising that Alastor was suspicious of Lucas,since the little demon Nifty was as well. Anthony knew both demons wanted to protect him for his own good.

But Lucas seems to be a guy who wants to be part of that as well..

to be continued...