Chapter 34

The feeling of twisting the limbs of disgusting demons, having their guts opened to decorate in the burning streets, and blood to paint in the dirty walls. Was it always this mundane?

It is true that repeating the process lacks something, their would be no thrill nor excitement if your victim pose no threat. Easy targets are only for cowards who lack the backbone to face an enemy on equal footing.

With a snap, the head of an imp rolled down his foot, the bloody little thing grazed his shoes, out of spite, he kicked the worthless part to another circle of hell. Never to be seen again.

Realizing how utterly childish that was, he could only glare at his shadow hiding on another alley much far away from him. What the hell is he even doing.
This is too much for mere boredom.

--

"Alastor, Darling, what are you up to these days?" The lady demonette leans her head far too close to his, he often wonders if the lady is just too kin on skin ship or had she never learned of personal space.

"Pardon?" He did try to hide his irritation. He truly did.

"A little birdie told me something about a....massacre on the streets not long ago." Mimzy grins, a brow raising simultaneously.

"You must be kidding, we do not have birds in hell-" Mimzy rolled her eyes at him. She knows that he was teasing her.

"And a massacre is not so special is it? It happens almost everyday, my dear."

"Almost everyday, not an everyday occurrence." She interrupts.

"And pray tell me Mimzy that is my problem because?" He grins.

"Because it just happened a few minutes ago! Alastor darling, I am worried that you forget- we are still being monitored by Lucifer. Whatever trouble would you like to get into now?"
Mimzy sighs, she wanted to have kept her mouth shut for a few more days. Enough time to settle this continuous streak of odd behavior from the Radio demon. Though she did have a guess, the main reason for his disturbance.

"You did not forget about Valentino's studio had you? Vox is furious beyond imagination. Let us just assume he would be smart enough to stop with his heinous activities."

Alastor did not tore his gaze away from her, causing the demonette to raise a questioning brow.
There was a big grin on his face before he spoke, "Ha! If only you knew my dear! It is quite hilarious actually! So Vox had sent this creature to dear Antho-"
As if poisoned his voice had disappeared. The grin on his face tightened, his permanent smile almost dropping.

Mimzy was speechless, for only a few seconds that is. "It is about poor dear Anthony then, goodness Al whatever did you do to the poor soul?"

Alastor who clenched his fist and tightened his jaw, spoke audibly, "I beg your pardon?"

Mimzy a bit daft sometimes repeated her question without thinking at all, "Whatever did you do to the man who hurt dear Anthony?" She did hear the news, Valentino's studio had been burned down to ashes. Now let us ponder, if Alastor had managed to burn the building down, now imagine what he could do to the man or demon.

"Nothing" he answered.

"Excuse me?"

"You underestimate Anthony, my dear Mimzy. I was of no use to him in that moment, he was doing fine on his own."

Well he was almost blown to bits by the bomb, but he is sure that he could still live. Maybe. It wouldn't matter really.
Everyone dies eventually, even Anthony. It wouldn't matter really.

"Are you sure?" Mimzy asks, she was now nursing her cold tea she had shunned on their table earlier.

"What?" Alastor asks, as if awoken from his trance. He shook his head before nodding to her.

He was now feeling a bit vexed to have agreed to join her for tea.

Mimzy stared at the Radio demon, her brows met, her eyes a bit fierce. She had to admit, this was beyond the odd behavior he was showing, this time, he made it so clear to her that he was troubled. A very rare and even absurd occurrence. This demon is too prideful for almost everything. Yet his actions clearly contradicts him. Mimzy wanted answers, even for the cost of her life. It's a good thing though, that she is already dead.

She began to drink her tea again, after finishing, she set the cup gently on the table, a big grin cascaded in her lips.
"Does our naive little demon princess accept visitors now and then?"

Alastor studied her grin. He was sure she was planning something. Though he was against the idea of her visit, it would seem more suspicious if he denied her.
He made it seem like he did not care at all.
"I'm sure she would be delighted to see you again Mimzy dear." Charlie hardly has a choice in the matter anyway.

"Great! I would love to explore the gardens again!" She chimes.

The radio demon clenched his fist and strived to ease his menacing eyes.

"Oh how the flowers blossomed so beautifully! Don't you agree Al? I could hardly believe it was planted in hell."

He was grinning, but the smile was strained, and looked more like a grimace.

"And let me tell you Al, the florist certainly does compliment the flowers to a perfecti–"

"Mimzy"
The Radio demon's voice sounded irate. Mimzy was sure he meant it as a threat, and if you feared for you demonic life, it was better to keep your mouth shut.
"Mimzy your tea is getting cold." After the sentence was done spoken, the demonette could not help but peer at his cup despite already knowing it was empty.

"I better grab some more hot water then" She suggested, but it was more of an attempt to have some distance between her and him. You can never be too careful, especially if the said demon has a tendency to commit mass murder if bored.

"Yes, you should."
She heard him answer, she was already marching away from the table anyway.

Though she intended to do it, it was shocking and a bit alarming to see him so furious.
At the very least, she thinks, her claims had been confirmed.

Now, whatever shall she do next?

to be continued...