chapter 1

!! enjoy this chapter more by listening to fever dream - mxmtoon

            Your eyes widened once you heard the first word came out of his mouth. How long has he been there? You turned to see a tall and lanky figure standing on your right. "How long have you been sitting here?.." You asked awkwardly, your voice breaking mid-sentence "I've been here the whole time. I'm surprised you didn't see my shadow." He smiled widely, slightly creeping you out but it's oddly comforting.

You realised he has been watching you cry, and stood up from the swing. "I wasn't crying over stupid stuff, forget that you even saw me here." You fixed your sweater. "Aren't you y/n?" Your eyes widened when he stated that he recognised you. a big gulp went through your throat and you smiled. What does he want?

"Shuji Hanma. I'm sure you've heard of me." Again, your eyes widened when he introduced himself. He was a popular delinquent around your area, but you couldn't recognise him when his hair is down and wet. "I didn't even recognise you." You responded, making him smile. "Talk to me about it." You raised your brow.

"Telling people my problem isn't a thing i do." You insisted, and looked away. Though, looking at his face comforts you. "Isn't it better when you talk about it to a stranger?" He chuckled and rested his body against the swing. "We are no strangers. You know who I am, I know who you are." You still insisted. He drops down to the ground and sat crossed legged. Out of nowhere, he pulls you down as well, making you sit beside him.

"It's not like I have anyone to talk to it about. This life is boring." He chuckles, and rubbed your thighs. "Stop." You put his hand away, uncomfortable. He smiled, and lighted a cigarette. You sighed.

Would I regret this?

You know what, we really do only live once.

You chuckled, and told him everything. Every last bit existing.

"So i just feel really exhausted with everything and," You were stopped by him when he purposely put his cigarette he was alread smoking earlier, on your lips. That was technically an indirect kiss! You took a hit, and coughed. "What was that for?" You continued coughing and started feeling dizzy. "Hanma, what the hell is that thing?!" You started losing control of your body and fell onto hanma. "Hey there, young lady. Is one hit too much for you?" He chuckled, pissing you off. You sat straight up, not wanting to fall into his favours.

"What is in that?" You knew it wasn't a normal cigarette, no cigarette gets you out of control. "Ecstasy, y/n. You took a hit of ecstasy." Your eyes widened, and you wanted to puke. You were mad, but you didn't really want to complain since it did feel good. Is this where everything is gonna go wrong again?

"You liked it, right?" You felt heat rushing to your cheeks as you held back the urge to smile. His flirtatious tone really does something to you, nothing you've ever felt before. "You piss me off." You said, and sat straight beside him. He chuckled at your words, and handed you a new stick.

He put his new stick between his lips, and you put yours as well. He asked you to face him so that he can light both at once, making you slightly smile. "I don't know what the hell am I getting myself into, but I regret it already." You smiled, feeling the drug kick in.

This was the part it all went wrong, after all. If only you didn't go to the playground that one night.

You woke up in your bed, confused and wondered whether it was all a dream. You looked at yourself in the mirror, and you were wearing the clothes you did last night. You rushed to get ready for school and quickly ate breakfast. You never really felt like this before, but you somehow feel excited to head to school.

"I'm leaving, mom." You headed out the house, only to see Hanma waiting outside. "So it wasn't a dream." You looked at him. He smiled, and let his hand out. "I've been waiting for you." He grabbed your hand, and walked with you. "Hanma, don't you go to the high school? Why are you walking with me?" He looked away, not knowing what to reply with. "Do you remember last night?" He asked with a smile. "Not really." You said while looking around the silent neighbourhood.

He chuckled suspiciously, making you doubt him. " You didn't do anything stupid, right?" You looked at him weirdly. "No, no. You were just laughing a lot like a little kid." He smiled and continued walking with you. I wish I remembered how it felt.

Hanma isn't the type to hang out with people forever, so you dont plan to stick around him forever. You looked at him, and realised how tall he actually was. "What?" He said while raising an eyebrow. "Your hair looks better down." You made a disgusted face, and he rolled his eyes.

What is it about him that makes you feel all jiggy? What is it about Shuji Hanma that makes you feel alive? Why do you feel comfortable? I'm not supposed to hang around delinquents.

Soon enough, you were able to reach to school before it started. The whole time it was silent with Hanma, and now you're surrounded by a bunch of other middle schoolers. You left without a goodbye to Hanma, and straight to class.

"Y/N, Why were you with that guy?" One of your friends asked, curious. "Nothing, we just met earlier since we lived near." You explained as you didn't want any misunderstandings. "He's Shuji Hanma, you know?" She asked again, starting to piss you off. "Yeah, yeah, a boy who goes around fighting people for no reason and solely boredom." You replied, and just sat down. "Be careful, Y/N."