chapter 4

listen to Nervous - The Neighbourhood and 24/7 - the Neighbourhood to enjoy this story more!

           "What?" You raised your eyebrow, not expecting such an answer. "THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN STOP ME FROM HAVING FIGHTS, I JUST.. I just won't have unnecessary ones." He stuttered midway through the sentence and tried to calm himself down. The atmosphere became tighter and there was tension between the both of you.

         You stayed quiet for a split second, but couldn't help to burst into laughter at his statement. He clicks his tongue in annoyance, and ruffled his hair. "You can get in any fights you want, it's not like it'll ruin our friendship." You said, still laughing into the sentence. "I would really appreciate it if you stop laughing by now." annoyance heard in his tone, he stood up straight.

"Y/N, can I say something?" He asked, and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Yeah, go ahead." A soft smile you put on as you stood up on the cold floor. "I hate it when you bring up about your reputation." You stopped moving and it felt like your whole body froze. "What do you mean?" You turned your head to look at him and he had never put on a more gloomy look before.

"It's stupid, I just don't know why you care about what people think that much." He complains. No more lying to yourself, it was the truth though it did slightly hurt you. "It is stupid, but I cant help it. I was just raised this way." You replied seriously. Your parents forced you to fit in the society, to go along with everyone. It never sat right with you, but you just went along with their decisions.

"That's a stupid excuse coming from a smart person." He responded with annoyance heard in his tone. Loud and clear, echoing through your mind. "It's for the better." You said, overexaggeratingly sighed. "Why do you care, anyways? You have your own delinquent title to keep. Unlike you, I have to always keep up with my studies and i always have to get better results. Being a delinquent means people know you do things your way, and no one really cares about anything you do."

"It's because I don't see you that way. I don't see the 'oh-so-smart Y/N' and I don't see the high achiever in you. I only see you as a lame girl who's life i ruined at some lonely playground." He answered loudly. "Did you let your emotions get to you?" You smiled slightly, knowing he said that on a whim. "I mean it." He made you shut up, and his words slightly hurt you. "You mean nothing to me. I'm just a person who is here to make you feel alive." That similar pain in your throat somehow appeared and you could feel your tears building up.

It was wrong of me to get attached to you.

"You're lying." You sat there in denial, and you held back your tears. Honestly thinking, its a stupid reason to cry over. Knowing him, of course there were no strings attached. "You really think I'm the type to lie?" He laughed at you, and sat down. "You're so delusional. You really are something, Y/N."

"Get out of my room." Your throat hurts more and more hearing his words. "Say, if i left you alone who would make you feel alive?" He asked weirdly. "People like you are easily replaced, Hanma." You said, making him quiet for a while. "Right." Somehow his cockiness disappeared when he answered that, and he left your house.

Childish of me to get attached to such a man.

I knew it would end up this way.

Now my room reeks of cigarettes.

It was too much for you to handle in a day so you decided to go to sleep.

           You woke up, feeling uneasy and uncomfortable. "Y/N, are you alright in there?" Your mother knocked on the door. "Yeah, give me a minute." You needed to fully wake up and sit up straight. Did it really happen? Did Hanma really say that to you?

          You were still feeling troubled from yesterday, and it felt so weird waking up and not seeing Hanma out your window. I have to stop thinking about him too much. Clearly, for the past week Hanma has been a daily to you.

         "Mom, I'm just gonna go on a walk first before I eat breakfast." You said as you noticed earlier that the weather looks decent. To add to it, you haven't taken a walk in a while now. "Stay safe." Your mother said, as she prepared breakfast.

        And so you stepped out in your white t-shirt, black shorts and your go-to black sports shoes. You slowly jogged around your house, and casually picked up your pace when you reached the corners. You noticed that your head started to get dizzier, but its too far for you to just return home. Stupid of you to keep going but you did.

         And so you passed out, in the middle of nowhere.

         You really felt nothing during that time. Nothing to be seen, just pitch black.

Not gonna lie, it was quite scary.

        But you finally woke up. Sadly though, you were in the same place you passed out on. You don't know why but you somehow expected someone to bring you home. Or at least, asked to wake up. You were disappointed, but you can't really blame anyone. Your whole body is still on the ground, and your head is facing the sky. Why did I collapse?

        Was it because of the cigarettes?

         "Awake already, dollface ?" You heard his voice from beside you. "Don't just go around calling me that after what you said last night." You covered your face when you felt it heating up. "Awh, you're so easy to tease." So he's back to his delinquent self. You're not surprised but you're glad he's being himself.

          "What time is it?" You asked, since he was looking at his phone. "Eh? its.. 11:30" He stated, making you jolt up. "So you just let me lay on the ground for 4 hours?" Shocked and embarassed thinking about the amount of people who might've seen you. "As long as I'm here, they won't do anything to you." He pulled out a cigarette, and lit it up.

         You stood up and rubbed the dust of your clothes, hopefully cleaning it enough to look decent.

"Look at you caring about how you look again. Such a y/n thing to do, isn't it?"

-
a/n: i like this chapter (^ ^) also i wanna make a tiktok acc (╹◡╹)