chapter 21

Listen to When My Life is Over - Bane's World to enjoy this chapter more!

"What?" You were confused, though somehow liked it how he was protective over you. He clicked his tongue and looked around. "Just don't, okay?" He said, then kept walking with you to other shops. "Fine." You sighed and slid your hands into his. "We should go home now, it's already late." You smiled and walked towards the exit. He nodded slowly. "Should we buy something for my mom?" You asked, and looked around. "Let's get some sweets or something." He suggested right when his eyes landed on a bright pink bakery. "Does she eat sweet stuff though?" He stopped.

"She really likes sweet stuff. Just not candies, you know?" You kept walking with your hands still in his. Even in this cold and windy weather his hands somehow kept you warm. "Welcome! Can I help you?" You looked at the cashier in the eyes, and she was probably one of the prettiest people you've met. You were stunned, legs stuck to the ground. "We're fine." Hanma said, and looked around the shop. You bowed and looked with him. "She's so pretty!" You said to him in excitement. "Eh? She's average for me." He replied while his hands reached the tongs to pick up baked goods. You raised your eyebrow in confusion.

To you, she looked really pretty and you wouldn't have mind if he thought the same way. "These cinnamon rolls look good!" You pointed excitedly. He nodded, and picked some of them using the tongs and placed them into a tray. "Cheese tarts, does she like that?" He asked and licked his lips. You nodded, eyes stuck on his now glossy lips. "What?" He turned his head facing you with a confused expression plastered across his face. Your eyes were fixed on his lips. He stooped to your level and gave you a quick kiss on your lips. It shocked you so much your cheeks heated up. "That was uncalled for." You covered yourself. He chuckled then picked up a few cheese tarts.

"Will that be all?" The cashier asked after carefully packing everything. He nodded, but your eyes landed onto a pack of gummy worms. "Wait, can I get these as well?" You asked while you take one from the shelf. He chuckled as he nodded, taking out his card again. You stopped him and quickly swiped yours instead. You smiled widely after you did so, pissing him off. "Thank you for purchasing, please come again!" She greeted as you both left the bakery. "I'm supposed to pay, remember?" He clicked his tongue. "It goes both ways." You smiled and head towards the exit.

"Should we take the train today?" He asked, looking out the mall. You stood there thinking for a quick second. "Why not? It's been a while since I hopped on one." You nodded and held his arm. "Been a while since you hopped on something else too." He said then chuckled. Your whole face heated up, and you couldn't move. "Cute." He said when you covered your face from embarassment. You just shrugged it off, not wanting to attract attention. The both of you had a long chit chat until you both reached the train station together. "Ah, stay close to me. It looks crowded." He moved you in front of him and wrapped his arms around you.

You nodded and listened to him. The train arrived after a few minutes, and it seemed quite crowded. "Do you wanna wait for the next one?" He asked as the passengers on the train got off. "No. Let's use this one, the next might be even more crowded." He nodded and walked you to the train. The both of you had to stand since there weren't any seats. "Stay close to me, y/n." He held your waist and pulled you closer. You nodded. Not long after, the both of you finally reached the station nearest to your house. "God, it was so crowded." You said as you stepped off the train. He agreed and slid his hands into yours.

You were walking home with him, and the sun was setting. "Hey. Let's go to the playground." He pointed since it was near. That playground. The same playground you went that one night that gave you this fated encounter with him. If it wasn't for you crying your eyes out at that childish spot, he wouldn't have came to check. Your head turned, and memories flew past you like flash. It happened so quick yet you remember every single detail. At last, you're now with him. "Yeah." You walked with him, and sat at the playground. Facing the sunset, your head on his shoulder and him taking out a cigarette.

                   His hands were steady as he lit up the cigarette for you. "Feels like we just met again." You laughed sheepishly and took the cigarette from him. He nodded. "Time flies by fast." He chuckled, and looked at you. His eyes were shining though the sun was already sinking. They're staring deep into yours, and it was filled with lustrous desires. He placed his hand behind your head and pulled you in for a deep kiss. Cigarette still fiddled around between his fingers, his lip was glued to yours. You dropped your cigarette accidentally, causing him to pull away. He chuckled and took a hit from his, giving you a shotgun kiss.

                    "You're still as pretty as when i first met you." He smiled while his thumb was caressing your cheeks. You can see city lights turn off and the street lamps turn on. You could feel every print on his finger, and you could read his mind. Time was moving in slow motion. "Hey, did i do it yet?" He asked with a smile forming. "Do what?" You asked, confused. "Did I make you feel alive yet?"

                   Your heart stopped. You forgot the whole relationship started because of that. Is it going to end? Will he leave if you've successfully felt alive? I mean, his promise was to protect you and make you feel alive. Forgetting that you made that promise just proved that he kept it. But will things change if you answered him? Will there no longer be random dates where you compete who beats the claw machine? Will there be anymore fights that happen solely because he felt angered towards someones behaviour towards you? Will he never sneak into your house and break your dad's promise again?

                 "There's no right or wrong answer, y/n."

a/n: HELLO! Thank you for all the support, this reached 8k views! I'd never be able to do this without you guys' support:( Also I can't stress this enough but you guys are so funny LOL i really enjoy reading the comments. Also check out my bio, i edited it a bit, yall like it?

Also, Important question. The story isn't ending soon but would you guys like a sad ending or a happy ending? :)