chapter 2

Listen to For The First time - Mac Demarco to enjoy this chapter <3

               You know he's dangerous, yet you don't feel the urge to leave.

Time really does pass by without you realise it. School was over, and somehow you're walking out the gate with your friend group. All of them always cling around you wherever you go, it gets annoying at times. "Y/N, we're gonna go karaoke later, are you free?" One of your friends asked softly, gripping your hands lightly. "I don't think I have anything to do today.." You looked around and noticed a familiar figure standing beside a street lamp. Hanma?

"Wait nevermind, I actually have some errands to run. I hope we can hang out tomorrow, though!" You smiled and waved them goodbye, waiting for them disappear out of your vision. You sighed and looked at Hanma as he slowly approached you. "Let's not hang around here, people are gonna suspect stuff." You said, making Hanma smile and take a step back. "Are you embarassed of me?" Hanma asked with a silent chuckle after, lowering his upper body so that your eyes meet. "I just have a reputation I want to keep, Hanma." You walked further away from the school with him. His smile disappeared from his face and he stood straight.

"You care too much about what people think of you." He said with a serious tone which made you worry. Did I cross the line? Why am i so open with him? "Whatever." You shrugged it off, keeping a straight face. You didn't want to show that you really do agree with his claims. "Why did you wait for me at the gate?" You asked as you were curious with why he did so. "If I didn't, you would have to go with those annoying girls." Another spot on statement.

You just smiled and continued walking. "I'm gonna stop by to eat some ramen, do you want some?" Ramen is one of your favourite food, especially during the daytime. Savouring it after 9 hours of straight up mind torture at school would be satisfying. Your eyebrows were raised, heart pounding fast as you were excited to eat some. Should you really go with him? "It's on me." Ah, fuck it. I'm getting free ramen. "If you're paying, I don't mind." Did he already know ramen is one of the food you'll never get bored of?

You walked in the restaurant with him and it seems like Hanma is a regular customer since the chef himself knows his name. "Let me have shoyu ramen but make it two." He spoke politely to the chef. Is this really what a delinquent is like? Or is he just putting up a facade? You couldn't tell, for you are really blind when it comes to this man.

He had delicate hair and his eyes looked sleepy. He looked prettier with his hair down. He looked innocent when you first met him. That impression of him didn't really change much.

The ramen was served within seconds after Hanma ordered it. You were shocked at the service and wondered why people barely eat there. It had a savoury taste, and the broth was perfectly made. You enjoyed it for the most part, except the fact that Hanma eats loudly. He looked happy with the ramen, and somehow it eased you to eat comfortably around him. "Eat up already!" He said, with a wide smile. It unknowingly made you smile as well, and you started feasting on it.

"God, that was some good stuff." He smiled and rubbed his belly. nodding, you wiped off the oil around your lips. He paid for the two of you and headed out. His long arms wrapped around your waist like a snake would and it somehow triggered your instincts to yank his arms away. "Hmm?" He looked at you, question marks appearing around him. "Sorry! It was just, you know. Guts." He laughed, and slightly pushed your shoulder. It took the both of you around 20 minutes to reach home. His company made you feel like you weren't alone, though you still haven't let your guard down.

"Who was that? You seem lively around him." Your mother welcomed you with a smile when you entered the house. The clock showed that its 4 in the evening, and you smiled. An hour with him felt like a minute that you wished you could live in forever. "Shuji Hanma."

"Isn't he that one delinquent? You shouldn't be hanging around those people, y/n." Your mother warned you but you seemed to be deaf whenever anyone says anything about Hanma. It's almost like you go blind eyed for him.

"Don't worry, mom! I know my limits." You smiled, and hugged her. Though you still loved your mother for at least caring about little stuff. "Go and change, you smell like ramen!" Your mother joked around, earning a laughter from you. When was the last time you laughed around her? You can barely remember what happened yesterday.

You went and change into a small t-shirt with bootcut jeans, your favourite type of jeans. You can never go wrong with bootcuts and platform shoes! Time isn't something you usually like to waste so you went and cleaned your room, like the good girl you were.

A couple hours passed by and you finally got to clean the mess you've been waiting to clean. You would be graduating your middle school this friday, and you feel like as if the weight has been lifted off your shoulder. You feel relieved only to realise its already 6 in the evening meaning dinner is probably ready. "Come down for dinner, baby!" Yelled your mother from the ground floor, the smell of curry floating in the air. Just the scent of it got your stomach rumbling.

    You love your mother. Disappointing her would probably be the last thing you want to happen. You stepped out of your sleeping chamber and headed to the dining room, only to meet Hanma's eyes. "Hanma?" He was sitting on the dining table facing west, with a plate of rice and curry served in front of him. You looked at your mother in confusion, and you could see a smile spread widely across her face. "Mom, why," You got cut off by Hanma, unsurprisingly. "Sit down, Y/N! Your mother is so good at cooking." Your mother laughed at his compliment as he munched up all left on the plate.

    You sat across Hanma, still confused and questioning whether everything happening is real. Didn't she say earlier that you shouldn't hang around him? Your mother passed you a plate of rice with curry and sat beside you. "I invited him over. He's quite the mischievous one isn't he?" Your mother claimed, earning a chuckle from Hanma. 

        You just silently giggled, and started eating your meal. The air felt tighter with your mother around and the conversation was horribly awkward. Not long after, Hanma actually finished his meal before you and washed his plate. "He has manners." Your mother whispered with a smile, and pat your shoulder.

       You finished up your meal and washed it after. "Mom, We'll be in my room." You informed her as she was about to watch the TV. You aggresively grabbed his hand and brought him upstairs to your room, and shut the door locked.

     "What did you say to her?" You asked but you tried to sound as passive as possible, though you accidentally raised your tone earlier. "Nothing, she just called me over after you went upstairs and told me to come for dinner." He explained, and sat on your bed. "Why are you everywhere? We just met last night and you're already in my room." You asked, pissed off at the fact that he appears everywhere. "Weren't you the one that took me to your room?" You were shut for a split second, and you could feel your cheeks heating up.

      "Thats besides the point. What do you want from me?" A despised expression plastered on your face. His lips curved into the creepy smile that scare crows away. "You piss me off." You rolled your eyes, he's so tiring yet entertaining.  Slowly, he placed your hands in his and looked at you with a pleading expression.

         "Are you bored of me yet?"

a/n: UHH hi guys!! I GOT MY FIRST VOTE TODAY and it really made my day tysm:( im still learning how to write so please feel free to leave ideas<3 thank u sm again for reading