Chapter 30.5 Sobering Addict Pt.2

!! THIS IS A SEQUEL TO THE SAD ENDING

Listen to For The First Time - Mac Demarco to enjoy this chapter more!

                  You're on the way home from the airport after finishing your studies in England. You still remember everything that happened in the neighbourhood, and how lively it used to be. You knocked on the front door, in the middle of the night. You could hear footsteps shuffling over the floorboard hurriedly. "Y/N, is that you?" Your mother asked once her eyes met yours. You were taller than her now, and she looked like she hadn't aged. "Mom, I'm home." You said and immediately hugged her. Three years without her was definitely not easy, especially in a country you're unfamiliar with.

             "Oh my god, you've grown!" She pulled away and wiped her tears. You just smiled and entered the house, looking around. "Dad's still not home, huh?" You asked with a huge smile. "I'm sorry, he really tries." You nodded and sat down on the couch. "Are you planning to do anything tomorrow?" She asked as she went into the kitchen, making you a drink perhaps. "Not really. Probably just meeting old friends, hanging out at the city centre." You put your thumbs up. Oh, and finding him of course. You pulled out your phone and hesitated on clicking his number. Even though you've changed your phone, you still had his number transferred.

                   You clicked onto the keyboard. Here goes nothing.

y/n: Hello, it's been a while since we've spoken.

                     You slammed your phone down on the couch, embarrassed.

h?: Hello? Who is this?

                      You hesitantly typed.

y/n: Y/N. Is this Hanma?

                      Your hands started shivering.

h?: I think you've gotten the wrong person, i'm sorry.

                      "Great." You whispered underneath your breath and rolled your eyes. "Is everything okay?" She asked as she placed down the tea on your coffee table. "Of course, just a little stressed." You nodded and sipped into the tea. "Don't overwork yourself."

                         You slept for about 10 hours. It's 10 A.M and you were supposed to meet your old friends in two hours. You learned to not care about how people judge you anymore, and went to wear an oversized hoodie with random shorts you found. "This should be alright." Your hair still had pink highlights, except that it's slightly shorter now. You tied it in a low ponytail, and wore your glasses. You packed everything you needed, and had enough money to walk around the city. "Mom, I'll be leaving now." You said after eating the breakfast prepared. "Ah, of course. Stay safe!" She waved. "You know I will."

You took the bus and headed to the city centre, sitting at the back seat all alone. You glanced at your watch every once in a while to check the time, and luckily arrived 20 minutes before the promised meeting. You looked around for the book store everyone swore to meet at. You looked around and no one was there yet. "Y/N?" A familiar voice. Someone you remember meeting but couldn't call who. You turned to see a woman around your height with medium length hair. "Yuki?" You asked, immediately recognising. "I didn't know you were coming." She said and looked around. "Oh, I just came back yesterday." You smiled. The both of you got back in touch, fortunately. But of course, friendships didn't go to how it was before.

"England?" She asked. You nodded politely. "That's awesome. I'm so happy for you." She said, and others arrived. "Yuki!" They greeted her. "Y/N, you still look the same!" You guessed they were talking about the hair. "Ah, do i?" You giggled along and just ignored them. The day went by with everyone getting closer with each other again, after being separated for years. In fact, everyone there is 21 now. "We should go to the arcade! Like the old times!" You agreed, while everyone was still having their coffee. "That sounds great." You put your coffee down.