chapter 20

Listen to Dark Red - Steve Lacy to enjoy this chapter more!

You stared at him for a while, shocked that he said that out of nowhere. "Mmh, love you too." You smiled back. "My dad's supposed to come home soon." You added, and started picking up the bowls. "Aww man, no more sleeping in bed together." He pouted and rested his chin on yours. "Yeah, but he'll only be back for awhile." You moved which caused him to almost trip himself. You went downstairs, heading towards the kitchen so that you could wash the dishes. Of course, Hanma followed you. Your mother was outside, probably taking a breather.

He wrapped his arms around you and leaned in. "Stop, I can't wash them properly." You tried to move him but he won't budge. "Are you avoiding your boyfriend?" He whispered in your ears, bringing chills down your spine. You stopped washing the dishes and stared at him with an annoyed expression. "I'm joking!" He waved his hand around. You continued washing then dried your hands. "We should go on a date." He said, staring out the large glass window. You shook your head as a no, and grabbed a glass of water. "I'm tired!" You refused.

Three days went by without any problems, and the relationship between you and Hanma grew stronger. Now you were currently outside with him at the arcade. You finally went out with him after a while. "I win!" He said and smiled, teasing you. You facepalmed and walked around for other games to play. You landed your eyes on the claw machine again, but your phone rung. "Who's it?" Hanma quickly asked, looking over at your phone. "Yuki." You replied and immediately answered the call.

"Y/N!"Her voice was as happy as always.

"Yuki! How have you been?" You asked back, in the same energy.

"I'm doing well!" You could feel her smile from over the phone. Surely, your friendship won't remain the same after what Hanma told you.

"That's great, what's up? Is there any urgency?" You asked, while Hanma's hands suddenly started wrapping around you. It made you gasp, but you tried to stay quiet.

"It isn't urgent, but I was wondering if you're occupied tomorrow. I was planning on hanging out with you!" Hanma suddenly started kissing your neck publicly.

"Ah, I'm free! Just text me the details! I have to go now, see you tomorrow!" You agreed and ended the call immediately.

You smacked Hanma, causing him to move away with a pout. "What was that for?" You felt your whole face heat up. "I wanted to remind you that you're still mine even when you're around Yuki." He chuckled. "Whatever. I'm going out with her tomorrow." You placed your phone back in your bag. "Seriously? What a mood killer.." He cursed under his breath and scratched the back of his neck. "Alright then, but don't you do anything that's not what friends do." He grabbed your hand and went towards the claw machine.

                "This time, I'll try and get one for you!" You were so determined and yet, still failed on getting one. "You're so bad at this!" He laughed and won a small bunny for you. "Shut up." You sulked and walked away from the machine with the bunny, tightly held in your arms. "Should we get clothes? I feel like you could use some new clothes, you haven't gone out to get any in a while." He suggested, wrapping his arms against you. You thought about it for a while. "You're right." You start walking. Oh well, more like waddling with that giant teddy bear thats stuck on your back, clinging onto you.

"This is gonna take a while." You said, only making it to the exit after a minute of walking. He immediately went in front of you and asked him to get on his back. "Hanma, no! It's public!" You refused as you aggressively shook your head. "Get on." He pointed at his back. You sighed and ended up giving in. How can you resist such cuteness? "Tell me if you like any of the shops." Everyone was staring and he didn't care at all. "I'm embarrassed, stop." You buried your face into his shoulders, and you could feel his body heat up. "Wait look, this one looks nice." He slowly dropped you. The shop had nice clothes with more towards a pastel palette. "You really like these kind of stuff." He smiled, and started checking out some of them.

A piece caught your eye. It was a long off-shoulder frilling dress in pink. You immediately ran towards it and took it. Hanma who was checking out the men's section, immediately ran with you. "Do you like it?" He took it, and held it beside you. A light red shade flown to his cheeks and ears. "You'd look wonderful in this." He held it and checked the size. "This should be your size right?" He showed you. You nodded, and felt your whole world bright up. "Let's get it then." He threw it over his shoulder. "I want to get this varsity jacket, should i?" He asked with a huge smile on his face.

You nodded and raised two thumbs up. "The colour isn't something you usually wear, but go for it!" You got excited picking it out. His eyes lit up and the pale red on his cheek brightened. "Alright, let's go check out." You nodded, and headed to the cashier. "Alright, your total would be 4500 yen." You smiled and took out your card, which Hanma immediately blocked you from doing. He took out his and immediately swiped it. "Alright! Thank you for shopping with us, please come agai.. Y/N?" The cashier asked, which made you immediately shoot your head up.

"Huh?" Hanma asked with furrowed eyebrows. "It's me, Kaito. Your classmate from elementary school." You looked at him with a shocked face. "Oh I couldn't recognise you! You definitely aged, that's for sure." You laughed, and took the bag. "You too, Y/N. You're still as pretty as before." He smiled, then bowed. Hanma had a confused face so you immediately held his arm to preveng from things going downhill. "You two had history together?" He asked with a suspicious face. "Yeah, we used to be really good friends." You held onto his arm tighter. "Alright then, me and my girlfriend are gonna go for now." He said as he dragged you away. "Let's hang out sometime, y/n!" He mouthed and winked.

You exited the shop with your hands still wrapped tight. "You're not hanging out with him. I don't trust that guy."

a/n: omg tysm for the support oml ^^ thank u sm for supporting! i live for yalls comments btw