chapter 25

Listen to YKWIM - Yot Club to enjoy this chapter.

                    It can be heartbreaking, devastating, or relieving. Depends on how you perceive. Every ending is beautiful. Painful or not, regardless. Every ending has a meaning. Everything ends for the better. Everything ends. School, rides, sunsets, sudden confessions, feelings for someone, friendship. What next? Life? Who knows.

                    You stood there in silence. You stared at her with your jaw slightly dropped. Even though you knew from the start, it still shocked her. "I know you won't return my feelings back, so this will be our last time seeing each other." Losing a good friend hurts, huh? You could see tears forming in her eyes. Did she like you that much? "I don't want to get hurt anymore, and I don't want to make you feel guilty if I'm around. I hope you understand." She said softly. Usually the love interest is the one who says that, it must've took her guts to say that. "I fully understand. I appreciate your feelings, though I apologise I don't feel the same way."

                     "It was great while it lasted, right?" She smiled and looked out the window. "Yeah. Thank you for taking care of me this whole time. I wish I could return the favour." You smiled. "Can i get something before we part?" She looked at you with tears streaming down her cheeks. Please don't be a kiss.  You smiled and hummed in question. "Lets swap something that would remind us of each other." She smiled. You checked your purse quickly, checking what you could give her. You noticed you had a bracelet around your wrist. It was a simple black bracelet with a small heart bell. You took it off slowly and handed it to her. In return, she fave back a keychain that was hanging on her purse. You smiled and took it and immediately placed it on your purse.

                 At least it was for the better. It was a beautiful ending; sunsets, ferriswheel, salty tears, precious items to be treasured. The ride finally came to an end. "I'll take my leave first." Yuki immediately left after she stepped out the cabin. You nodded, understanding her choices. Now you're standing in the middle of the dark, you can smell the rain coming. And like before, you're all alone again. You were just rethinking your decisions, and where did you go wrong. You figured you should probably call Hanma, and let him know that you needed a ride home.

"Y/N? What's up?" He asked. "Isn't it raining? Are you on the way home." You stayed silent, not knowing what to say. "I need a ride home.. Now." You said while looking around for a place to hide under. "What? Yuki isn't with you?" He was concerned, you could tell from the tone of his voice. "Please, just come, Hanma." You wanted to break down, you felt so overwhelmed. "Send me your location right now." He said and ended the call, you immediately did so. You waited for a while, and you were drenched from the rain. The loud thunder and the sound of rain pitter pattering. You could hear his bike on its way. You immediately walked to the exit so he didn't have to wait.

                   He arrived right when you reached the exit. His hair was wet and his shirt was basically sticking on his body, making him look toned. "Y/N!" He got off the bike immediately and went to check on you. He held your face and wiped your face. He couldn't tell if it was your tears or the rain, but he kept wiping your face. He hugged you in the middle of a thunderstorm and kissed you deeply. "Come on, we can't stay in the rain forever." He pulled away and got on the bike. You hopped on behind him and held onto him tightly. He rode it aggresively and speedily, making you reach in no time.

                  He stopped the bike carefully and picked you up. Carried you into the house drenched, and your mother hurried to you with a worried expression. "Y/N, what happened?" Hanma placed you on a wooden chair. "I should change first." You said and wanted to take your clothes off, but remembered that Hanma was there. "Go change it in the shower. Hanma, can you grab her  a change of clothes." He nodded and immediately ran up as you hurried to the bathroom. You waited for Hanma to come. He came quite quick, and handed you the clothes.

   Your hands were shaking, your legs were trembling on the wet slabs of the bathroom floor. Flickering lights and fountains of tears, everything was happening at once. Not wanting to waste your time, your hands reached the hem of your shirt and lifted it off. Your pants weren't as drenched as the shirt but you still took them off anyway. You hesitantly grabbed the random towel hung in the bathroom, and dried yourself. After all, you're in an emergency right? You put on the plain white tee Hanma passed with a pair of black tights. The wet clothes were thrown over the hanger along with the towel you used, before you left the bathroom.

The strong smell of milk tea in the air, and the strong wind breeze from the rainstorm. "Y/N, sit here. Let's calm down first." Hanma helped you to the living room. His hands were trembling though his fingers were gripping you tight making sure you don't fall. You had a cup of tea and tried to calm yourself down. You could feel the tight air and strong tension in the room, and their piercing stares. "What happened?" He asked with a soft tone. "She confessed to me." You replied immediately, keeping it short. Twisting it around will just make it worse. The intense silent was killing the loud thunderstorm as you waited for them to reply.

"Yuki liked you?" Your mother asked with a confused face. She rested her head on her hand and sighed. "I thought she was into guys. She's a very pretty girl, though." She added and her eyes wondered around the room. You just nodded. No replies, you frankly had no thought in mind. "What happened after?" Hanma asked whilst his hand carefully places down the teacup he was drinking from earlier. "We ended our friendship peacefully. But she didn't want to see me anymore." You sighed and grabbed onto one of the teacup's handle. "It was for the better, right?" Hanma asked with a confused expression.

Was it really for the better? Does it benefit the both of you, or was she being selfish? "Better for her." You answered and drank up all the tea left in the teacup. "And she just left you like that?" Your mother had her fist clenched, teeth gritted. You nodded and sighed again. You looked around the house. It felt so empty yet so full, was it because of your emotions? "This must be a lot for you, you should sleep love." Your mother ruffled your hair softly and had a soft smile on her face. You carefully got up with your trembling legs and walked upstairs. holding onto the railing, you thought about every word she said as you stepped on the stairs.

You opened your bedroom door and it reeked of happiness, something that clashes with your current emotions. Your knees grew weak and you fell down to the floor. Black, that's what you saw right before you passed out on your bedroom door. You slept soundly, your body was tired. Your mind was exhausted, not being able to handle anymore words. You could feel Hanma by your side by the time you woke up. You had so many questions to ask, and he looked at peace. You could feel your body heat up the more he stares into you. "I have a question." Your voice was barely heard from all the crying.

"What was the point of holding onto the corner of a curtain that was already burning?"

a/n: HELLO MY STORY IS GROWING SM IM SO HAPPY:D this means so much, im glad u guys enjoyed this story. Also if you don't understand the last sentence, it means like 'Why are you not giving up on something that clearly won't work out?' :)) i hope u guys enjoyed this chpt! PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS OR POSTS ON MY PROFILE, I LOVE TALKING TO U GUYS! ♡