chapter 13

listen to Love Machine by TV Girl to enjoy this chapter!

                "Wake up." You have been trying to wake Hanma up for the past 30 minutes, and he still didn't move an inch. "Are you dead?" You asked and kept pushing him around. "Imagine being called a delinquent but you died in your sleep." You tried to mock him, but he still didn't move. You're starting worry more. You checked his heartbeat and it seemed to be beating quite fast. His body didn't seem cold either.

                  "I'm going to go eat breakfast." You whispered in his ear, not wanting him to wake up because of you. Though, he shivered when your words echoed into his ear. "Eh?" You asked with a confused face and he slowly got up. "Don't whisper like that!" He scolded playfully, his eyes still heavy. "How did you wake up with me whispering but not me moving?"

                 "I was awake this whole time, I just wanted to see if you'd give up." He fixed his clothes and scratched his head. "Weirdo! Go take a shower, you smell!" You pointed at the door, changing the subject. "Right, right!" He got up and quickly left the room only to peek at the door five seconds after. "Wait, what do i wear?" He asked, mentioning about how he had nothing to wear since he stayed over on a whim.

                 "I have an oversized hoodie, it might fit you just well. You can just wear the pants you already are wearing." You suggested, and passed him the purple hoodie. He nodded, and went to the toilet. You already showered so you went downstairs to your parents watching the TV with toasts on the coffee table. The toasts are probably for breakfast, you guessed. "Y/N! Come here!" You came downstairs and quickly sat beside them.

                   You grab a toast and ate with them, and watched whatevers being played on the television. "How was Hanma last night? Did he do anything indecent?" Your father had furrowed eyebrows, and you were worried he heard what happened last night. "Nope, he slept on the floor instead of the small couch." You explained, remaining calm so that you dont come off suspicious.

                     "As long as you're safe." He sighed of relief. "He's not like that, dad." You facepalmed, knowing he would judge that popular delinquent you had wrapped around your finger. You continued to have a quiet breakfast without him.

                     He came down after a few minutes and sat beside you. "I love the smell of toasts." He said and took a huge bite of the toast in your hand. You sat there shock, as he just continued eating them. "What are we watching?" He asked and scooted closer to you. "What the hell just happened in the span of five seconds.." You whispered under your breath and looked at him. "Let me have that." He took the toast out your hand and continued eating it.

                     "Me and your father are going to go grocery shopping soon, do you guys want to join us?" Your mother asked while cleaning up the coffee table. You guessed this was a huge opportunity to let them get to know Hanma better. But its also an opportunity for you to be alone with Hanma at home, for once. "We'll go. Right, y/n?" He asked and nudged you softly. You nodded, still thinking. "We can do the shopping instead! Mom and dad can relax and unwind, its the weekends after all." You got up and helped your mother clean the table.

                    "Right, youngsters have more energy than us elders, after all. It'd be a great help!" Your father said and sat on the couch. "Here's the list, buy whatever else you'd like." Your mother passed a small memo, and started cleaning the kitchen. "Do i look okay in this?" Hanma tugged your shirt softly for you to look at him. "You look good." You tried holding back the urge to hug him and call him cute, since you could feel your father's glare from afar.

                       "You too." He complimented. You were just wearing a plain shirt with black shorts and with your messy wet hair. "Eh? Uh." You nodded and fixed your shirt. "Let's head there soon." You suggested, not wanting to waste more time. He nodded and got a glass of water. "y/n, do you have hair gel?" He asked with the glass in his hand, while looking around searching for one.