chapter 16

You could see light beams from under your eyelids. You slowly opened them, not wanting to strain your eyes. "She's conscious!" You could hear a familiar voice, though your vision was still blurry. "Eh?" You said, regaining memories from what had happened. You took a look around and there were several people surrounding you. You looked at your severed hand and thankfully, the cut had been closed. "Y/N! Can you hear me?" You could hear Yuki's voice. You nodded slowly.

                  "Thank god!" Everyone sighed in relief, after you had nodded. "That was a terrible birthday for Yuki." Your friend said and everyone laughed along. "Does my mom know?" You asked, concerned. "Yeah, she does. We told her it was Hiroto's fault." Yuki explained. Hiroto, the guy that hit on you during Yuki's party. "Where is she?" You asked, looking around. "She's talking to Hanma." Your eyes widened and you jolted up. "DON'T MOVE TOO MUCH!" Yuki stopped you before you could do anything.

                   You nodded and calmed yourself down. "Do you like Hanma or something?" One of the guys asked, nudging each other. "Tell us, we won't tell anyone!" They were all excited. "I don't like him or anything." You said with a straight face. "Eh? Talking about me?" Hanma came into the room and shocked everyone. "Hanma, do you like her?" They all asked and you just fixed your posture. "Yeah." He looked at you with a mischievous look and chuckled. "That's so cringe." You said as you looked away. Everyone was somehow excited, yet all you wanted was some time alone with him.

                 "Y/N, you seriously don't like him?" Your friend asked with a raised brow. "I don't, seriously." You tried to avoid eye contact with Hanma. "Really? That wasn't the case last night." He crossed his arms and chuckled. Everyone got excited for you, but you can't help but notice Yuki looking a little awkward. "Y/N! Are you alright?" Your mother barged in the room and went beside Hanma. You nodded and smiled at her softly. "Your boyfriend did a good job protecting you!"

                   Everyone stopped moving and some had their jaws dropped. "Boyfriend?" Your friend asked, as he looked at you and Hanma back and forth. "Yeah? Why's everyone so tense? Chill, everyone!" Your mother tried to brighten the mood up, but everyone was shocked. Yuki looked really troubled, and you noticed it's been a while. "You could've told us sooner.." Yuki whispered under her breath and stood up. "Eh?" You were confused. Your friends were glancing at Yuki, and it was all confusing you. "Why are they leaving?" Your mom asked and looked around. "I'm guessing its their curfew." You guessed, and thought back about Yuki.

                What did she mean?

              "Alright, I'll leave you two alone." Your mother said before she stepped out. Now it was just you and Hanma, and the awkward tension in the room. "I'm.. Sorry.. About earlier." He apologised while looking at the floor. "Eh? They were going to find out anyway." You smiled, knowing that it's over for you to keep it a secret, at least. "No, I meant.. Your cut." He held your injured hand. Oh.

               "No, it's fine. It was my fault for stepping in at a horrible timing." You assured him, and ruffled his hair. "I just couldn't control my anger, I really need to learn to hold it together." He facepalmed himself. You looked away. You couldn't help but agree, he really needed to keep it together. "It's fine. Any idea why they left though?" You asked him as you've been thinking about it for awhile. "I don't know if I'm allowed to say this though."  He sighed deeply. "Just tell me, nothing could go wrong." You smiled, somehow making him blush. "Right. So, I think I overheard their conversation about how Yuki likes you."

                 Eh? Yuki?

                 She likes me? As a woman?

                 Nothing wrong there, just that it's a shock.

                  "What? Stop making up bullshit." You were being serious, since that kind of stuff shouldn't be taken lightly. "I'm not. She was going to tell you during the party." Somehow your heart broke. You felt this weird feeling of despair, and sadness that you've unfortunately never really experienced before. "What?" Your mother had ruined the chances of you ever meeting Yuki again, since she's transferring schools. "So, you said all that, knowing Yuki likes me?" You looked at him, infuriated. You felt this burning sensation in the deep corners of your body.

              "I didn't want her to have high expectations." You looked at him, shocked. "So you broke her heart in the worst way possible? By saying those stuff? I could've literally just responded to her confession easily." You wanted to beat him up but you couldn't move because you were hospitalised.

                   "Do you know how pathetic you sound right now? You really care for someone's romantic feelings towards you when you have a significant other? I wanted the better for her, instead of you keeping us a secret from everyone and leading her on! You and your reputation again, huh? I'm done with your bullshit. You even protected the guy that harassed you. You're a stupid, lifeless teenager." 

               He stood up from the chair aggresively and left the room. Now it's just you and self-centered persona. Again, you ruined something you wanted to treasure. If only things went your way. If only you didn't go to the party. Yet, you still have his burgundy shirt folded beside you, and his bloody shirt you used as a bandage. You sighed, then called it a day and went back to sleep.

               "Ma'am, you've woken up!" The nurse said as she hurried over to you. "You're getting discharged today!" Eh? How long have I been sleeping? "You've been asleep for 2 days, but here's your breakfast." She served you a bowl of rice porridge and a glass of warm water. "Also, there was a guy with a blond streak that came regularly to visit you. I'm guessing it's your significant other, since he had left a few gifts." She pointed to your side table, and you could see a huge bouquet with other smaller gifts. "Thank you for telling me." You smiled while checking the bouquet out.

There were lilacs and white roses, with a bit hydrangeas around it. It smelled really nice, similar to what your perfume has smelled like. There was a note on the bouquet saying, 'To whoever owns my heart' which had made you a blushing mess. You placed the bouquet back where you got it from carefully. There were loads of chocolates of different kinds and even a cute magnet. He also left his t-shirt on the table. It was white and had 'sin' written, hidden on the sleeve. But it smelled like him.

Even after all of that happened, he still brought this much. "your mother will pick you up soon, so be ready!" You nodded, and stared into the ceiling. That's when your phone buzzed, receiving a text from Hanma.

[visualised text message]

12 unread messages.

click

Hanma: Hey I'm sorry about earlier
Hanma: Answer me ('༎ຶོρ༎ຶོ')
Hanma: OOOIIII
Hanma: I'm coming i don't care
Hanma: Sorry for spamming your texts i didn't know you were asleep .°(ಗдಗ。)°.
Hanma: But i placed some chocolates for u ✌︎('ω'✌︎ )
Hanma: I miss you so much please wake up soon ( ̄∇ ̄) i'm going to sleep after i smoke a bit
Hanma: It's been a day waa wake up ( ̄Д ̄)ノ
Hanma: I left a few gifts btw I think you'd like them so wake up plz ( ・∇・)
Hanma: I miss you so much please text me
Hanma: I'm going to visit you just because
Hanma: YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO GET DISCHARGED TODAY YOU BETTER BE AWAKE YOUR MOM IS ON THE WAY

new message (2)

Hanma: EH you saw my message are you awake
Hanma: IM GONNA CALL YOU I MISS YOUR VOICE( ^∀^)

voice call coming from Hanma..

"Hey, can you hear me?" His voice echoed into the call. "Yeah, I can." You answered, cheeks heating up since you've been longing his voice. "Ah, I can't wait. You're coming back soon." You could hear the sounds of metal items clanging in the background. "Yeah, I feel slightly better." You nodded as you looked around your room. "I need you so bad, y/n. It's been a while since I've held you."

a/n: i love reading yalls comments, theyre so funny LOL thank u for the support, preciate it <3