chapter 10

Listen to Striptease-Carwash to enjoy this chapter.

           "What? no! It's not like.. Its our first time or something!" You sulked and looked away, disappointed things didn't go your way. He grabbed your chin and pulled you in for a kiss, causing you to kiss him with open eyes. His lips were soft, and he tasted like his meal earlier. Yet you were addicted to the taste, and wanted more of it.

              You deepened the kiss, making him smirk. He pulled away, and looked at you with a mischievous look. "Eh, how needy." He ruffled your hair and chuckled. Of course he pulled away when you deepened the kiss, of course!

            he looked around and noticed a few passerbys, and smiled at you. "I do want them to know you're mine, but I don't want us kicked out." He smiled and got up from the place. And so the date finished there, and the both of you ended up going home soon after.

             "The necklace suits you well." He said, and held up the pendant. "It sure does!" You smiled at him, and continued walking home. You knocked the door three times, and your mother answered. "Welcome back! how was the date?" She smiled and welcomed the both of you in with open arms. Your father was at the living room, and it surprised you because he usually comes home late. "Dad!" You smiled, and noticed that he was reading a book.

                "I wanted to see himself for myself, thats why I came home early." His glasses slid down his noses and he fixed it. "Just like your mother said, he's a tall man with a long smile!"

               You laughed it off, not understanding what it meant. "How was the date?" Your father pat ghe seat beside him as a signal for you to sit there. You proceeded to do so and Hanma sat opposite to you. "Tell me, why do you like my daughter?" He asked, and that question somehow made you feel heated up. The atmosphere tightened and Hanma's smile disappeared.

              "I don't think I have the courage to say it in front of y/n." He replied, which kind of flattered you. "Why do you think you deserve to date my daughter when you don't even have to courage to be truthful?" He questioned. Hanma's eyes widened, and he sat straight.

              "I don't know why I like her but I do. The way she is so diligent in everything, the way she befriended me without hesitating about my delinquent title, the way she stayed with me even when i tried pushing her away." He replied, which somehow made your eyes slightly teary. "That's it? And you think you're good enough for her?" He striked again.

               "The way she cares for everyone behind their backs, the way she is honest at heart and the way she talks. Everything about her, really." You almost shed a tear at his words, not knowing he cared about you that much. You noticed his cheeks heating up, and he tried to cover it with his hands.

                "And yet you still think you are good enough to date her?" Thinking about it, there never really was an actual confession, and this is his first time saying it. "I'm not. But she was kind enough to accept me, and I will do my best to protect her and support her in every way possible. I will make sure she's the happiest girl alive." And there it slides, your tears down your cheeks. You quickly wiped it away, and smiled. "I'm glad." You said and sniffled.

             "I'm surprised you had the guts to say that after only a day of dating." Your father striked again. "I am not embarassed of expressing my love for her."

               "Very well." Your father nodded and smiled. "Now, y/n. Why do you like Hanma?" Your father asked with a comforting smile. You sat there in silence, and you could feel Hanma's gaze piercing you. You truly can't put your feelings into words.

                 "I like how.." You hesitated. What do you like about him?

                 "I love the way he makes me feel alive. I love when everytime i look in his eyes, i have hope in living, to see more tomorrows. I love how he protects me. I love how interesting he is in general."

                   Your father smiled again. "Ah, teenagers in love. What s sight." He chuckled, and looked at Hanma. "So have you done anything yet?" Your mother asked excitedly. You quickly shake your head as a no, and everyone laughed. "She stole my first kiss, but that's that." He blurted it out on a whim but somehow didnt regret it.

                     Your mother's jaw dropped and your father's eyes widened. "She was your first kiss?" Your mother spoke in such an excited tone. He nodded softly, then eyed you. "I didn't know it was his first!" You scratched the back of your neck. "That's surprising, You're quite a fine man so i didn't expect such a thing." Your father covered his mouth in shock. "Y/N is my first love, after all." He claimed and smiled again. He made you feel all butterflies inside again.

                    "Ah, being a teenager sounds so nostalgic. I love seeing young couples." Your mother said and placed her hands together. "I swear to protect her forever." Hanma swore, and chuckled.

                      You stared at him for a while but he somehow caught you staring, making you quickly look away. "Alright, I'll leave the both of you to it." You quickly got up and grabbed him along to your room, getting stares from your parents.

                      You shut the door behind him and looked at him in the eyes. You couldn't say anything, can't even look at him in the eyes. Not after all that emotional confession with your parents. You just buried your face into his chest and stayed silent. He wraps his hands around your head and pat your head softly. "That was uh.. Emotional." He admitted and giggled.

                  You laughed along with him, agreeing that it was emotional. "You feel that way about me?" You looked up to see his face and you could see his heated cheeks and lavender eyes looking back at you. "What do you mean? shut up." He covered your face with his hand again. You laughed at how red he was, and you found it awfully cute.

                  He removed his hands from you and you let go of him, and sat on your bed. "I'm glad we went on a date today." Hanma said and scooted over to you. "Hmm? Why are you so glad?" You asked in confusion. "I like spending time with you, y/n." He said, and smiled at your pretty face.

                  "I want to get to know you better."