chapter 29

Listen to Telepatia- Kali Uchis to enjoy this chapter more!

                    He stared at you and immediately gave you a tight side hug. "Stop saying that." He said, placing your head between his arms. "We should get off the edge, its dangerous." You pulled the hem of his shirt slowly. He nodded nervously and looked around as he picked you up. He put you down right before the edge of the rooftop, not really making much difference but it made him feel safer that way. "Don't forget that you made me feel alive too." He kissed your forehead with his hand behind your head, pushing it closer against his lips. "This feels like some kind of contract." You joked, making him pull away and think for a split moment. "A permanent one." He smiled with his fingers below your chin, pushing them up.

Its been a week since you've seen Hanma. The last time was at the rooftop, when the both fo you had promised your lives to each other. Your father had grounded you for hanging around more delinquents. He, of course was speaking of Hanma's friends. Hanma always text you at random times, no matter where you were. You too were missing him more over the days. He's been running around in your mind restlessly with never ending stamina. Without him around, your intrusive thoughts grow to be wilder and more aggresive, uncontrollable.

You were laying on your back, head facing the ceiling. 3 in the morning and you were just thinking of moments you wished last longer with Hanma. Out of nowhere, your phone started buzzing, actually waking you up from your not-at-day-daydream. It was a call from Hanma so you immediately picked it up.

"Hanma?" You asked silently, not wanting to make unnecessary noise.

"Y/N, I've missed you." His voice rang through the speaker. You could feel your tears forming up.

"Shut up. You know I miss you too." You replied. But a week's too short to cry over, no?

"How have you been?" His tone softened when he heard your voice crack.

"Great, just missing you. A big load.."

"Please take care of yourself for me. Part of me is already you, y/n." He reminded. You could hear him gulping something down, you assumed was water.

"Of course. You too, please." You smiled. Him talking normally despite the distance cheered you up. You were glad the relationship is not awkward when one parts from the other. Will it remain like this when you seriously apart? Or will it become awkward? More awful, will it end up like how Yuki and you did?

"Mhm. I really miss how my hand feels in yours, y/n." He added as he sighed.

"Come on, it's only been a week!" You tried to cheer him up though you felt just the same as he did.

"That's what I've been thinking about, actually. One day, you'll probably further your studies somewhere else and I'll be stuck here. Can we stay the same?" Soulmates do think of the same thing, just like how the sayings say.

"Me too. If i do study abroad, you're coming with me. I make the rules." Seriously, he was the only thing keeping you alive for now. You couldn't bear imagining the idea of parting from him.

"Hehe, you really are a naughty girl. You shouldn't be bringing me along with you, you know?" He chuckled.

"Why not?"

"You would have a reputation, with everyone watching you. Y/N, I'm just a delinquent you met when you needed to." You could feel a smile forming just from the way his tone changed.

"I.. Really don't care about all of that anymore. Plus, isn't that the whole point? I met you when I was at my lowest, when no one else was there. And you were the only one who stayed, despite me trying to desperately push you away." You finally expressed your feelings.

He stayed in silence, until a chuckle was let out.

"You're really good with words, aren't you?" He asked, and this time he definitely had a happy smile.

"Huh?"

"Alright, I'll come along with you. God, I really want to see you right now. Hearing your voice alone isn't enough." He said and sighed exaggeratedly.

"My window is open." You told him, a sign that he'd still be able to talk to you. Just not under the same roof and in the same walls.

"I'm coming." He said and ended the call immediately after a few seconds of silence.

You would've done the same if you were in his place. Grab the chance while you can, you would never know how long this will last for. You waited with your head resting on the windowsill. You could hear his bike speeding from afar, it was so loud it would probably wake up people with sensitive hearing. "Such a hopeless romantic." You laughed, thinking about him. Is it really love if one isn't a hopeless romantic?

                     You see his bike stop at your porch as he immediately got off. He looked around for you and waved excitedly when his eyes met yours. He climbed up carefully and stealthily, not making any noises. Well he did, but not loud enough to wake  lol seconds. "It's sad we can't hold each other right lonow." He said and chuckled. He was sitting on the other side of the window, staring back at you. "Soon enough." Three more weeks, you can last that long in no time. "It'll past by like nothing." You comforted him, trying to cheer him up. "I have a better solution" He grabs your hand from outside. "Let's run away together."

                      Your eyes widened and you could feel shivers rolling down your spine. That word, 'running away' had always been lingering in your mind since you were a kid. Running away, a form of freedom, releasing yourself from whatever was holding you back. Running away, also a sign of you ignoring your responsiblities, only using your imagination as an escape. "What?" You asked, wondering if you heard it right or you were just fantasizing of running away. "Let's do it. A world where it's just us, and no one from before remembers us. No one has to know, We don't need to leave trace nor hints."

                 You had dreamt of that everynight before you met him. Your biggest dream, restarting your lfie from at an age you can best control yourself at. "Well, I'm planning to run away soon. But you don't have to follow me if you wish not to, dragging you into my mess is just irresponsible of me." You stared in his eyes and you could see a future in him. "Are you sure about this?" You asked, still questioning it. "I'm bored of this town, Y/N. The only thing that interests me is you." He smiled cheekily and pressed his index finger against your forehead harmlessly. You sat there and thought for awhile. Letting him go means parting ways, which also means a never-ending suffering. But going with him means a whole reset in life, though your past will forever hunt you and people will be searching for you.

                "Take your time, of course. I can wait for an answer."

a/n: FINALLLYYY my exams r over; i can finally upload normally! I'm almost done with this story! I'm so thankful for all the support, love, votes and comments. I'm planning to continue writing, though I'm still hesitant of who to write about! Do drop some characters you'd like to see! I'm more than excited to write,  especially when it comes to you guys.

There will be two chapters released at once next, which will be the ending you'll be able to choose. Like i've said, I can't decide on a happy or sad ending and some of you wanted a sad one so I'm making it where you choose, how it ends<3

the happy ending will be;
Chapter 30: drug addict

the sad ending will be;
Chapter 30: sobering addict

Again, you choose how it ends out! <33