chapter 5

Listen to She Likes Another Boy - Oscar Lang to enjoy this chapter properly!

                "Shut up." You gave up on replying him. It hurts too much to think about it for the moment. You started walking back home because you expected your mother to already start worrying. "Hey wait, don't walk yet!" He threw his cigarette away and walked over to you. That's when you felt your body collapse but Hanma caught you in time, right before you hit the ground. He was hesitating on what way he should carry you but he ended up giving you a piggyback ride.

Your eyesight were blurry but you could tell you're almost home. The aura, the feeling. It feels sweet. "Hanma, you can drop me now." You whispered to his ears from behind causing him to jump. "That gave me shivers, dont ever do that again. I almost dropped you." He stopped his tracks to take a breath. He continued walking and finally ended up on ur doorstep.

He stood there for a while. You guessed that he was probably thinking of ways to drop you. "Alright." He said, and quickly shifted his right hand to open the door. NOT EVEN A KNOCK?!

"Mom, she passed out outside just now. I'll take her to her room." He informed your mother, receiving a smile back. "Sorry for troubling you!" Your mother replied. Wait a minute, Hanma called mom 'mom'?

He placed you down on the bed. You still feel powerless against your body, not being able to sit properly. Your eyesight was starting to clear up, and you could see Hanma looking at you with widened eyes. A slight hint of pink was visible on his cheeks, but it was probably because he was tired. "Are you tired?" You asked, breathless though you didn't walk an inch.

"No it's just.." He looked away and covered his face with hands. "What is it? Do i look dumb?" You asked, trying to fix your clothes. "No, you just look.. Very vulnerable right now." You gasped at his reply, and quickly tried to sit up. "Are you scared of me?" He smirked and got closer. My mother's home, no.

"Hanma, stop." He was already hovering over you, his body covering the light from your vision. "Relax, I'm not gonna do anything stupid." He pat your head softly. "I would've. But not to you." You scooted away from him. "Scary." You said under your breath, and looked at him disgusted.

Still, you're glad he's not taking advantage of you when you're weak.

"Why not, though?" That's.. The dumbest question I've asked someone. He burst into laughter, almost falling off the bed. "Oh my god, you really need to learn to take hints." He couldn't stop laughing to the point you can barely understand his words.

You were confused. What hints? What type of hints did he drop?

Does he not find me attractive? Knowing him, attractive or not he'll still take advantage. Would he? Maybe I'm not his type. That's upsetting.

"Say, Hanma. What's your type in women?" You asked him, making him look at you weirdly. "I don't really know." He stared out your window.

"But all of the girls I liked were shorter than me. Which is, easy to find since I'm quite tall. And I usually like girls who aren't interested in me." He asnwers again. Short? I'm quite tall for a 15 year old. You nodded, realising he obviously isn't into you.

"Oh I also like girls that have died hair!" He smiled widely at you, slightly relieving you. He did compliment my pink highlights. "I have an attraction to younger girls too." He looks out the window with a noticeable flushed face. Jeez, he doesn't have to make the scene awkward. "What about you?" He asked, with a questioned look on his face. You've never really asked the question to yourself.

"I like.. Taller guys. Guys that would protect me." You answered him easily. He was forcing a straight face despite it being slightly red. "Are you feeling hot? You're red." You asked, being able to move normally now. "Yeah, can you get me some water?" He stuttered through his first word, and laid on your bed. That's odd.

                You came back with a glass of cold water, and now he's the one that looks vulnerable. You wanted to.. Approach him at a closer distance. Approach? Not really, maybe admire his face from a dangerous distance. The distance where there's high chances of the both of you accidentally kissing. "Hanma, Here." You passed the glass to him. He somehow looks pretty much better after the glass of water. Was it a stupid act he put up to fool you?

            "Why do you ask?" A question coming from him after an exaggerated sigh. "Huh?" You were confused. The glass was placed on the bedside table next to you. Slowly, you sat on the bed he's still in. "About my type." A simple explanation given. "Oh, I don't know, I just randomly thought of it." No you didn't, you just wanted to hurt yourself even more.

            "Well, don't worry about it too much. I don't have much of a preference." The claim somehow calmed you slightly and made you feel better. "Pfft, why would i even worry!" You laughed, trying to hide the fact that you actually listened to him.

"I don't know if I'm protecting you or not." He said softly under his breath. Though you did hear it clearly you still wanted clarification. "What?" You asked in a confused tone so that he would be fooled. "Nah, nothing." He closed his eyes right after refusing to say it again. You laughed it off, and stood up from the bed.

You could feel the wind breeze coming through your open window as it whistles. Again, you felt like you're you in a dramatic scene in some romcom film. "Wait don't leave.." You got pulled back into the bed and there was a gloomy tone when he said that. And now you're in bed with Shuji Hanma, with his arms wrapped around you. You could tell he's sleeping and he's just moving in his sleep.

You didn't want to move to disturb him. Somehow, you don't feel like something is going to happen though you're quite literally in a bed with someone who most likely would take advantage of a lady. Quite soon after, you started to hear sniffling from him. You could see his tears between his eyelids, only seconds until one streams down his cheeks and onto the pillow. Is he alright? Is he having nightmares or is he getting flashbacks?

"Don't leave.." He whispered and his breath touched your neck, making you shiver.