chapter 22

Listen to Freaking Out The Neighbourhood - Mac Demarco to enjoy this chapter more!

                "You did." You answered with a smile as you admitted the truth. A smile slowly crept up his face, and he dropped his hands to the ground. "I'm glad. You too, gave me a reason to keep on living." He said and took another hit of the cigarette. You still didn't know whether that was good news or not. "Since you've fulfilled your promise, are you going to leave?" He burst into laughter while you just sat there confused. "Of course not." He covers his face and looked at the sunset. "Let's be together for as long as we can." He rested his head on his hands and looked at you with a piercing gaze.

                You nodded with a smile. The sun has fully set and it was time for you to go home. You stood up and rubbed dust off your shirt. "We're gonna smell like nicotine." You said, and immediately looked around for something to cover that. "It's okay, just say that we went to a place with a lot of smokers." He suggested. It was a stupid excuse, though it would definitely help. You entered the house after your mother welcomed you. "Go shower, you smell!" Your mother joked as you handed her the baked goods. "Yeah yeah, we will." You facepalmed and went upstairs quickly. "We?" Hanma smirked, chuckling. "You naughty teenagers!" Your mother had a disgusted expression.

                   "Separately!" You shouted and placed the bags beside your bed. "What a shame." He plopped himself on your bed. You clicked your tongue and sorted everything out. "Shouldn't you head home now?" You asked while your hads searched through your closet, trying to find a pair of pyjamas to wear. "No. I'm staying here." He refused and checked your room out. You laughed a little and finally found a nice pair of pyjamas. "Hanma, what are you gonna wear though?" You asked him while you prepared yourself for shower. "Probably just pants." You raised your eyebrows. "I mean like, for now." You cleared up, confused.

               "Exactly, I'm gonna be shirtless." He said and looked out the window. "Whatever you're comfortable with." You said, and left the room to shower. You entered the bathroom and undressed, turning the shower on and leaving it so that it gets to the right temperature. You washed your face and brushed your teeth, checking your face out before you carefully entered the shower. It was warm, yet you feel satisfied. You heard knocking outside your door, and you were sure it was Hanma because of the weird sound pattern he's making. "Hanma, no." You finished showering. "We can save water!" You burst into laughter when he said that. "Come on!"

                "No, Hanma." You dried yourself up with the towel. "Ah, you're finished already? What a shame." He sulked. You smiled and quickly put on the pair of pyjamas you picked out. You opened the door and Hanma immediately fell. It seemed like he was leaning against it earlier. "Are you alright?" His hand was covering the back of his head. "Yeah, I'm fine." He slowly got up. You tiptoed to reach his forehead and planted a quick kiss. "I like that pyjama by the way." His face was clearly heating up as he closed the door before you.

                   You sighed and headed to your bedroom. You waited for him for a while, scrolling through social media. A little while later, your mother called you downstairs since she had prepared dinner. "I love the cinnamon rolls! Let's eat the cheese tarts together later, alright?" Your mother shouted from below. "Sure!" You were going through your dresser. You stumbled upon the necklace Hanma got you, which made you wondered where did his go. "Hey." Hanma walked in the room without a knock, surprising you. He had his towel wrapped around his waist and dripping wet hair. He leaned against the door and tilted his head slowly. "What's wrong?" He asked.

You showed him the necklace. He smiled, and took out his wallet. Turns out he had been keeping the necklace in his wallet the whole time. "Been a while since we wore it huh?" He chuckled. "Let me put it on for you." You nodded, and turned your back to him so that he can put it on easier. "Stay still." You could feel his soft fingers touch your sensitive neck. "You look good with it on." He said as he clasped the necklace together and you facing the mirror. "Okay, i'm going to put on clothes." He slowly pushed you out the room. "It's not like I haven't seen you naked!" You said and laughed.

"Go eat dinner, kid." He smirks and closed the door. You went downstairs and sat in the dining area. Your mother made you a few dishes. They smelled really good, one sniff and it had your stomach rumbling. "Eat as much as you want, your dad is coming home tomorrow." You nodded and dived into the meal served. Not long after, Hanma came downstairs with a towel hanging around his neck and a pair of pants. "Smells nice!" He sat beside you and immediately started eating. The both of you were quite hungry, especially after smoking.

"How was the date earlier?" Your mother asked, mouth stuffed with food. "It went great." Hanma responded and continued eating. You nodded as in agreeing, still eating. The three of you finished dinner after some time, and it was finally time to eat the cheese tart. "Also, I went grocery shopping earlier and I got you your favourite candy!" Your mother handed you a pack of pocky. You stared at it for a while, realising it had been a while since you've ate them. "Alright, let's taste the tarts." Hanma grabbed one and immediately threw it into his mouth. You could see his face light up when he swallowed it. You took one and bit off half, not wanting to choke.

The taste of the baked cheese melting in your mouth, sliding down your throat. You smiled, agreeing that they were tasty. "I love them!" Your mother smiled widely. "Can you guys handle the dishes? I have some work to do." You both nodded as she left the table. You cleared the table up and placed the dirty dishes into the sink as he wipd the table clean. You washed the dishes carefully. You could hear sounds of the pocky pack being opened, and you assumed it was Hanma. "I love the strawberry ones" He said, and bit into them.

                 He took another pocky out and placed it on your lips, though still holding into it. You looked at hima and opened your mouth. He slowly moved the pocky so you could eat it whilst washing the dishes. He chuckled and ate the last part. You finished washing them and dried your hands off. "Here." He moved your head with his finger under your chin. He placed a pocky between his lips and smirked. You could feel your cheeks heating up. You bit the other end hesitantly. The both of you started eating it slowly, and now you could feel his breath against your lips. He ate the last part, making your lips touch his.

                 You could taste strawberry with hints of cigarettes in the kiss, as he pulled you in deeper. You immediately pulled away and stopped before things got heated. "We can't do this here." You looked at your mother who was doing her work peacefully in the living room. He chuckled and ruffled your hair. "Yeah, I know. So let's do it outside." He pointed to the front door with his thumb. "Mom, we're gonna go stargazing." Your hands were tightly gripping his, heading out the house. "Are you that needy?" He asked with a slight chuckle between his words.

               You clicked your tongue. You dragged him  to somewhere hidden and secluded from many people. It was a narrow river. The water streaming down was clean, you could see his reflection on them. You kneeled and touched the water, making your index finger wet. He sat beside you, looking at whatever you're doing. You smiled and touched his lips with your wet index finger, making his cheeks heat up. You pulled him in for a passionate kiss. You were on top of him and taking the lead, and his hands travelled around your body. You pulled away slowly, making him move and grab your head for another kiss.

                  "Who's the needy one now?"

a/n: wtf i woke up to so many notifs the last two days omg it made my day :)) Many of you guys requested a happy ending- but some of you wanted a sad ending. I'll make two versions of them so that everyone can enjoy!! thank u for answering<3:)