chapter 15

To enjoy this chapter more, listen to Put Me In a Movie - Lana Del Rey!

WARNING: MENTIONS OF BLOOD AND BLADES!!

"What? I'm looking good for a party." You said and fixed your necklace. He nodded and started kissing down your neck. "Stop.." You tried to push him away but he gripped your arms. "Let's head there now." He said as he slowly let go of you. You nodded and went out the door to inform your mother. "Stay safe." Your mother said, and continued cooking. "Is her house far?" He asked as he walked with you. "Kind of, we'd have to take a bus." You looked around.

"Wait here, I'll get my bike." He stopped you and ran swiftly, disappearing from your vision. Eh? You were surprised by the speed. He came back on his bike after 3 minutes, with an extra helmet. "That's gonna ruin my hair!" You looked at him with a frown. "We're gonna mess up that hair and face later anyways, hop on." He passed you the helmet with a smirk. "Shut up!"

You hopped on his bike and sat behind him. "Hug me, you don't want to fall off." He grabbed your hands and wrapped it around him. His body felt so thin but yet he was so warm. Whenever he hugs you or vice versa, you feel like you were in an enclosed space where it's only you and him. You felt safe. "Tell me where to go." He said when he stopped at the red light.

You could feel his heartbeat pick up a a pace. You lead him the way, and finally reached after some time. You were 10 minutes late, but not everyone was there yet. "Alright pretty girl, I'll see you when everything is over. Text me if anything happens, I'll be there in no time." He kissed your forehead and waved you goodbye. "Wait!" You tugged his shirt and he bent down for you to whisper in his ear. "Should we make a safe word?" You asked him. He stood back up and thought for a while. "Yeah. Safe word is ramen, alright? Since it's your favourite food." He said and started walking away. You nodded, and entered her house.

                "You're just in time, y/n. Yuki is on her way!" Your friend greeted you as you looked around the living room. "There's.. Guys?" You whispered to her, knowing nothing about that guys were coming as well. "Well, yeah. We're gonna be highschoolers, y/n!" You nodded awkwardly, not liking their presence. You felt unsafe and as if something wasn't right.

You had a chat with some of your friends and Yuki finally came. "Yuki, happy birthday!" Your friends greeted as you adored her. She looked so elegant, with her soft hair and her pretty figure, you envied her. "May you have good luck for the rest of the year." You hugged her and she hugged you back. "Alright! Let's have a good one!" Your friends went to the dining table.

There was a whole load of stuff on the table, and you weren't sure you could eat that much. Everyone was having a good time and you were sitting with them quietly. "Hey, y/n!" You looked over to one of the guys who called you. You hummed in question, responding. "Are you and that Hanma dude together?" They teased you but somehow everyone there got interested. Should I tell them?

"Ah, no no! We've just gotten really close!" You answered awkwardly and everyone had suspicious look on their faces. "He hasn't done anything bad to you has he?" Yuki asked in concern. "He's not that type of guy." You responded with an awkward tone, slightly mad at the fact that she thought of him that way. "You never know, y/n. Men are dangerous, be careful." Yuki pat your back and smiled. Her eyes always lit up when she looks at you like that with a smile.

"At least we know she's single now!" One of the guys nudged the other guy, teasing each other. You laughed to break the awkward tension in the room. "Anyway, Yuki! You got your eyes on any guy yet?" Your friend asked, and everyone immediately got interested. Well, so were you.

"Not really, I haven't found one that I'm interested in yet." She admitted and took a sip from her glass. "Wah, as expected from Yuki!" Everyone agreed. She is in no man's league. It's no surprise. It was finally time for her to cut the cake, and Yuki seemed to be wishing for quite a while. The candles were blown out, and everyone applauded. "Thank you for the meal!" She cut the cake. Your friend helped her cut the other slices, and gave them to everyone.

Everyone was having a chat, and it seemed so lively. Yet you feel like you were being eyed. Exposed, unsafe, unprotected. You noticed that one of the guys was staring at you, and you were drinking a drink you got from him. You immediately sensed something is wrong, and texted Hanma.

[visualised text message]
y/n: ramen
Hanma: what
Hanma: Oh wait
Hanma: I'm on my way

You let out a deep breath of relief, and looked around. The guy was about to approach you, so you immediately went to Yuki, in case anything happened. "Hey, y/n. You okay?" You clinged onto Yuki, and smiled. "Yeah, I feel a little lightheaded." You explained, and she nodded as she sat down with you. "Hey, Yuki!" The same guy still approached. "Hey, what's up?" She replied as she caressed your arm. "Nothing, just wanted to catch up with you. Is y/n alright though?" He asked with a suspicious smile, and you felt uncomfortable. "Yeah, just a little dizzy." Yuki smiled back, still caressing your arm.

"I can take care of her, you can have fun since it's your birthday." Yuki's expression changed immediately. "I don't trust you." She said, honest. You were shocked and so was he, the both of you froze. "Geez, such a party killer. Why is she clinging onto you anyway, you two dating? No wonder you're not into any guys." He fired back. He had a sharp tongue, and he was making himself look more dangerous. "What? That's a huge assumption you got there. She's just a good friend of mine, and I'm protecting her like a friend would." Everyone's attention was drawn towards the three of you.

"Sure sure, just a good friend! A good friend would want you to enjoy your birthday and not disturb you," He was cut off when Hanma punched him from behind, making him drop to the floor. Everyone's jaw dropped and gasps were heard from every corner. You wanted to say his name but you could only open your mouth, no sounds coming out. "What the fuck did you put in her drink?" He picked him up by the collar and pushed him to the wall. "You wanna die today?" He shouted, you could sense him infuriating in anger with how muc force he put into that punch.

"Got a problem?" The guy asked with a beat up face and a huge smile. "Yeah, I'll cut off your fingers if you talk back to me, you fucking scumbag." Hanma's grip got stronger. "Woah, so protective for what? You like her or something?" He asked with a huge smirk. Two fights in a day? He can handle that?

Hanma stayed in silence and his grip got tighter around his collar. Hanma threw a punch towards the guy's stomach and he dropped down to the floor. Hanma took out a knife he somehow had in his back pocket as he pinned the man down. "Anything you wanna touch before I cut them off?" Everyone was frozen and didn't move an inch. "Can I touch that pretty girl of yours then?" He asked, still a smirk on his face. "Over my dead body." Hanma placed the blade closer to his hand. You wouldn't want him to in another trouble so you immediately covered the guy's hands, getting your hands horribly sliced open.

It wasn't painful, meaning the blade was incredibly sharpened. Hanma's eyes widened and blood started splattering everywhere. It started stinging horribly and you were going to pass out from the amount of blood coming out of you. "Y/N!" You heard Yuki's voice calling you out as she picked you up, and quickly brought you to the couch. Everyone was frozen in place and so was Hanma. "You'll live today, but I can't promise you tomorrows." Hanma said to the guy and slid the blade back into his back pocket.

"Y/N, stay still okay? It's going to hurt a bit." She held your hands as someone passed her rubbing alcohol. She pour some into the cap and it stinged you so much, you couldn't help but whimper. Hanma took off his shirt and handed it to Yuki for her to wrap it around your cut. "Hold on a bit, y/n. Someone, call the ambulance!" Your other friend said, holding the aid kit. Hanma was standing in front of you half naked, and you can't help but feel attracted. His figure was perfect and he had a nice waist. You could only open your mouth, moments before your vision completely blacked out.

a/n: That was my first time i've written something blood-related oh lord i want to puke