chapter 24

Listen to Flaming Hot Cheetos - Clairo to enjoy this chapter more!

You smiled widely. "Let's have fun." You smiled and placed your hand on your lap. She looked around from the window and talked about how pretty the scenery was. You still have no idea where you're heading with her, you supposed she wanted to surprise you. You want to try and keep everything like it had always been, though it'd be difficult when she has feelings for you. "We're here! Just a little walk!" She stood up from her seat and so did you, and you walked out immediately with her following behind you. "Oh the theme park?" You smiled. You haven't been there in a while, just the loud noises of kids screaming was already nostalgic.

                 You walked with her slowly, enjoying the view as you walked. You looked at her, and noticed that her hair looked super nice braided. Soon enough, you reached the theme park with her. She already bought the tickets beforehand, easing the two of you. You both went in together. "Alright, what should we do now?" She asked, and looked around. "Should we try the bumper cars? I love playing that!" You pointed towards the ride. She nodded excitedly and started walking there with you. "A ride for two, please!" She asked. You had to wait for a while for your turn, and finally got a red car with two seats. You sat on the left and she entered right after you. "Let's beat some asses."

              She held onto the steering wheel with you. It started moving so the both of you worked hard together to try and bump into as many people as possible. You laughed a lot, and somehow got bumped by a blue car aggresively, causing you to slightly push Yuki by accident. She held on you tightly, making sure you weren't hurt. "You okay?" She asked with a deeply concerned look. You nodded with a reassuring expression. She smiled and the both of you continued bumping into others. The ride ended, at last and she hugged you. "That was fun!" You said.

                    "Can we go on the roller coaster next?" She asked hesitantly. It seemed like an interesting ride, and many people were queuing. You're not the type to wait for long lines, but you didn't want to make her upset. You nodded and got in line with her. After half an hour of patiently waiting, the both of you finally got to sit side by side. She grabbed your hand. The workers double checked everything for everyone slowly. You were slightly scared since you weren't really good with heights. When the rollercoaster started, you could feel a shiver sprint down your spine. The wind blew your hair back, and you felt giddy from every breeze went through past you.

                     She looked really excited, especially during the high drops. She screamed everytime it dropped, with a huge smile slapped across her face. "That was a fun ride!" She said as the both of you stepped out the ride. You nodded, she seemed really happy though you were shaking for your life. You looked around for other rides and somehow the carousel caught your eye. It was quite pretty, unique from the ones you would usually see. "Look at that, so beautiful." You pointed and she immediately turned her head. You noticed that she seemed more outgoing around you, and you appreciated that. She was comfortable around you the way she was with no one else.

                 She nodded and aggresively grabbed your hand to drag you there. She waited for the carousel to stop again so that you could get to ride it with her. It finally stopped and the both of you rushed over. You got on one of the ponies and she sat on the one beside you. Yours was a white pony and she was on the black pony. She looked happy to be there with you. "It's quite weird for us to go to a theme park during daytime huh?" You asked and her eyes widened. She laughed modestly, and looked at you. "I don't like the dark, I can't see well." She pointed at her eyes.

                You nodded in understanding. The ride was calm and peaceful, a great distraction after one hell of a rollercoaster before. The ride came to an end like always, and you had to get off with her. "We should get some snacks!" You suggested as she looked slightly bored by the ride before. She looked around for a snack shop, and gradually found one soon enough. You looked at the menu slowly and took time to pick which one you wanted. "Two bobas and a small popcorn, please!" She ordered. Your favourite snack was popcorn, you were surprised she knew that. Did she do that on purpose? Or is it simply just her favourite as well?

                   "You like popcorn, right?" She asked before handing the money. You nodded. She smiled and handed the cashier, then proceeded to wait for them to get done. You got your drink and the small popcorn. She decided to sit under a huge tree so that it'd hide everyone from the blazing hot sun. She turned to look at you as grabbed some popcorns from the box. "Are you having fun?" She asked with a concerned look. You nodded. "Of course, I'm glad you brought me here." You replied and drank your drink more. The both of you spent some time chattering under that huge tree for around an hour. "We should go on other rides!"

                And so she grabbed you around and dragged you to multiple rides, enough to the point the sun was setting. Only to leave the best part last, the ferris wheel. "The last ride!" She pointed and immediately queued up. Luckily the line wasn't long, and the both were you the next up. There was finally a cabin for the both of you. You immediately entered with her without hesitation. She sat carefully across from you. The space in the cabin was quite small, so your knees were colliding with one another. The both of you stayed quiet until almost halfway through the round. "The sun's beautiful, isn't it?" She asked, breaking the awkward ice. You nodded slowly.

                   She stared at you for a while only to look away with light blush on her cheeks. "Everything has an ending. The ride, the sunset." Her eyes glistened. "Sadly." You responded simply, not wanting to complicate matters. "So before this ride ends, I just wanted to let you know I've always liked you from the start, and I had always rooted for you. I liked you so much it hurt me when you liked someone else."

                   And so do friendships, they too have an ending themselves.

a/n: hello! omg my story is growing so quickly its making me so happy:) i hope u guys enjoyed this chapter. I might upload slower and slower as time goes by bc i have an exam soon! :)) love the support sm thank u