Chapter 4: Revealed?

"So that would make Adrien a noble?" Marinette concluded. Nino just nodded just as surprised as she was. "But if he was what is he doing here? All those born of nobility have specific schools they attend to, so it doesn't make sense for him to be here."

Aaron looked at the time and said, "Why don't we test it out if he does answer when we call him by his title then it confirms whether or not there could have been a mistake while making the list. But for now you guys should go back or you'll be late for your next class."

Marinette and Nino nodded. "I'm going to the bathroom first, Nino mind telling the teach where I am if she comes and I'm not there yet." Nino gave her a thumbs up.

Nino was about to go back inside when he bumped into Adrien, he muttered "Lord Adrien."

Adrien looked shocked, he froze on the spot, his face pale as if he'd seen a ghost. Adien grabbed Nino by the arm and asked "What did you call me?"

Nino shook his head and said "Nothing, I just called you Adrien sheesh."

Adrien released his grip and rubbed he back of his neck, "O-oh sorry I thought I misheard you. Hey dude do you mind doing me a favour?"

Nino gestured him to go on, Adrien took a deep breath.

"Well could you ask Marinette to just cut it out and apologize to Lila, I mean I know she's lying and all but her lies aren't hurting anyone, if she did apologize maybe Lila will stop lying. What I mean is can't she take the high road."

Nino clenched his hand furious at what Adrien suggested, at first, he thought that Adrien could change so he still thought of him as his friend but forget that shit now. Dumbass is going down.

"Not hurting anyone? Dude Lila or should I say Lie-la made everyone betray Mari, are you that stupid? If anything, it should be Lie-la who should apologize. Marinette was right you are a spineless idiot, I thought that you could change but I can see that you're nothing but a fool."

The two glared at each other.

"Nino, Adrien what are you doing standing there get back to class." The teacher scolded them.

"Sorry Ma'am" They both apologized and headed back to class. Right as they were about to enter Adrien turned to look at Nino and stated, "Listen the only fool here is Marinette for not listening to me."

Nino smirked and said "If we weren't in school I'd sucker punch you in the gut right about now and don't you dare say that about Mari, you betrayed her first when you told her to use the high road."

Nino walking passed him and 'accidentally' bumping onto his shoulder.

(Let's just skip to after school)

"God is it me or was today's classes really boring?" Chloe asked. Kagami just chuckled and said, "No just you, it was quite interesting for me."

"That's cause you like studying I prefer spending my time looking at the latest fashion runway" Chloe stated. Juleka snorted and said, "Now if only you spent the same amount of time studying instead of going through fashion catalogues."

Chloe threw her lip gloss at Juleka and yelled, "YA, it's not my fault that school is so boring, now throw me my lip gloss back it was a limited edition." Juleka picked it up and said,

"Nice shade, lend it to me next time" as she passed it to the blonde. "Sure, why not." Chloe shrugged.

Marinette stood up first and said, "Alright I'm heading out first I still have a shit ton of things to do."

"Yo Marinette wait for me!" Nino called out they both said their goodbyes and headed out. Chloe looked at them feeling that something was off.

"Hey, is it me or are they really close lately?" Luka looked at where the duo left and said, "Not really why?"

"Nothing it's just I have a feeling that they're hiding something. Lately they've been really close like really really close and I don't know if I'm just being paranoid or something, but Nino has been a bit distant, and I don't know maybe it's all in my head."

Juleka put a hand on Chloe's shoulder and said "I'm sure it's nothing, Nino is practically head over heels for you and even if they are hiding something I'm sure they will tell us sooner or later, we just have to be patient." Chloe nodded but the nervous feeling in her stomach still didn't leave.

(With Marinette and Nino)

"I did it." Nino claimed.

"Did what?" Marinette asked.

"I called him Lord Adrien and he looked like he saw a ghost." Marinette turned to him and asked "And the results?"

Nino nodded and answered "Positive, no doubt about it he's part nobility." Marinette took a deep breath and muttered "Let's deal with this tomorrow, I have training with Aaron later and I need a clear mind if I want to summon my magic properly."

"You know you should really show me this magic of yours sometime, I'm really curious." Nino said as he parted ways with her.

"Sometime but not now." Marinette smirked as she walked inside the bakery.

"Aunt Sabine I'm home." The girl called out. "Ah Marinette, you have a guest in the living room you might want to go in and see."

Marinette was a bit confused at this because normally even her friends wouldn't show up unannounced and it couldn't be Aaron because she would be waiting at their training place for her.

Marinette walked in and saw that it was Adrien and thought 'Guess it's show time.'

"Lord Adrien Agreste, Son of Duke Gabriel Agreste." Adrien stood up clenched his fist and teeth.

"How'd you know!" Marinette sat down and gestured him to do the same.

"Well a from one noble to another who wouldn't recognize one. My question is what are you doing here? You do know that us nobles have a specific school we can go too where they prepare us for anything and everything and train us to be next head right."

"I – I – My reason is personal, and what about your family?"

"Hmmm? What about them?" Marinette asked back as she leaned her head on her arm. Marinette could see that it was getting to him.

"Gosh you're no fun, let's just say our status is a secret. You will find out soon enough. And don't worry I'll keep your identity a secret. Now if you will excuse me I have to get ready for training." Marinette stood up and was about to walk away when Adrien grabbed her arm forcefully

Adrien looked at Marinette dead in the eyes said, "Wait, I have one more question for you, You asked me why I'm here yet you never told me why you're here."

Marinette yanked back her arm and glared at him. "Like you said I have my personal reasons too."

Marinette turned her back to him and said, "I think it would be best if you leave right now. Unlike you I'm quite busy I don't have time to deal with people like you."

Adrien for the first time has never felt more nervous than ever. There was something about Marinette that made him feel inferior and the only people that ever made him feel that way was his father and his cousin Felix. He grabbed his stuff and left but not without saying goodbye to Sabine first of course.

Marinette was watching him leave from her balcony, glaring at him.

~Ring, ring~

"Hello?"

"Yea, I'll be right there."

"By the way I want to ask are you any good at hack?"

"No reason it's just I have a favor to ask from you." Marinette smirked.