Chapter 8: Misunderstandings & wait we're dating?

(Time skip brought by Marinette's magic)

It's been a month now and everyone was finally done with their finals, and they were all excited for the upcoming trip. Marinette was busy texting her mother telling that she didn't need the private jet in case her classmates finds out her identity and that she wanted to keep it a secret until the coronation. She was about to go back to the bakery for lunch when she heard yelling in the locker room. And saw that it was Nino and Chloe.

"For the last time Chloe I am not cheating on you, I told you nothing is going on between me and Marinette, we're just friends!" he yelled at her.

"Then why the f**k have you been sticking to her like glue on paper!" Chloe yelled back.

"Chloe, there are somethings that I can't talk to you about." He tried to reason with her.

Chloe was now red with anger, "I'm her friend too, what's so important that you leave me out of it? Heck you think I haven't notice how you and Marinette are distant from the rest of the group now, I see it, Juleka sees it, Luka and Kagami sees it. At first, I didn't mind knowing you guys are best friends, but this is out of line. Nino, I trust you but we use to go on dates, you use to walk me home, and all but now I don't even get a single call from you, you're my boyfriend. Let me ask you when was the last time you called me?"

Nino tried to recall the last time he had called her and unfortunately remembered nothing. Marinette could see that ticked mark on Chloe's head.

"3 FREAKING WEEKS AGO, THAT'S ALMOST A MONTH."

"Er – I." Nino tried to think of an excuse but found nothing he knew he was a little bit distant but found nothing.

Marinette felt bad for him and texted the group to meet her at their locker asap. Before coming in she casted a spell around the room to make sure that no one could hear them.

Marinette calmly walked into the room and said, "Chloe calm down, nothing is going on between me and Nino, we're just friends."

Chloe rolled her eyes and snapped at her, "Oh yeah? The please explain why the hell have you two been sneaking around, keeping secrets and being distant."

"What's going on?" Luka asked as he, Kagami and Juleka walked in.

Nino sighed, "My girlfriend is jumping into conclusions again."

Kagami and Juleka shared a look indicating that they knew what this was about. Kagami put a hand on Chloe's shoulder and looked at Marinette, "Chloe, does have a point the past few days you guys have been sneaking off, keeping secrets and acting all suspicious."

"It's not like that!" exclaimed Nino.

Marinette thinks that it was about time her friends knew and thought, 'Well there goes my plan on keeping it a secret.'

"Chloe the reason why Nino and I are so close is because he's, my guard." She stated.

"Guard?" They were all confused, minus Nino that is. Chloe looked at her boyfriend for confirmation and he just nodded at her. Marinette looked at Nino and asked, "Wanna do the honours?"

Nino stood beside Marinette and announced, "Presenting the future sun of the Chinese Empire, Her Royal Highness, Princess Cai Meiying, Daughter of His Majesty Emperor Cai Xukun and Empress Yu Shuxin."

Luka face palmed, "You guys I really don't think that right now is the best time to joke around."

Nino crossed his arm and looked annoyed, "But we are telling the truth, Marinette here is part royalty."