Chapter 36: Preparation

It's been a few and thankfully the palaces have been quite and there was no disturbance. Everyone is preparing for the banquet tomorrow and Marinette was running around the diamond palace fussing over the slightest details. She even had a 3-hour inspection on the waiters uniform for making sure they all look neat and tidy for the party. Yu Yuan who was following Marinette everywhere was out of breath.

"Princess, can you please slow down, we 've been running all over the palace already." Yu Yuan complained as she tried to catch her breath.

Marinette stopped, "I'm sorry it's just I'm very anxious and I have to make sure that everything is perfect for tomorrow."

Yu Yuan took Marinette's hand and guided her to a drawing room and sat her down, she called in a maid to bring some tea and cakes for them to snack on. When the cakes came Yu Yuan and Marinette both eyed for the huge piece of chocolate cake.

"You can have it, Xiao Yu." Marinette offered.

Yu Yuan smiled and knew exactly what she was doing, "No you have it, after all it's polite for the higher rank to eat first."

"Oh, please you're my best friend, you should have it." Marinette insisted.

The maids who were listening to the two facepalmed and thought, 'Here we go again.'

A maid then came forth with a knife and said, "Your highnesses."

The two nobles turned to look at the maid, "WHAT."

When they saw the knife, they both felt the colors drain out of them, the maid looked at them confused.

"Honestly your highnesses are already adults you should learn to share." She sighed as she cut the cake in half placing one in another plate.

The two girls stared at the cut cake in front of them and burst out laughing. The maids smiled at them and thought that no matter how many years had passed they don't change when it comes to their childishness.

As the two where eating their cakes Yu Yuan took out a book and said, "Your highness do not forget that you have your final dress fitting later after lunch, and you also need to check the kitchen to make sure that they have enough ingredient and food to serve all the guest..."

Instead of listening Marinette was invested in the chocolate cake she was eating, forgetting all her worries, 'Damn I should ask father to switch my patisserie to his, this cake is really good, I wonder if the maids can grab me another one.'

"Your-...Your High-...YOUR HIGHNESS." Yu Yuan yelled.

Marinette's head shot up, "Huh what?"

Yu Yuan sighed, "Did you hear anything I said?"

"Uh, sorry I was too busy thinking about this cake, it's really good."

Yu Yuan sigh, she shrugged as she grabbed to plate closer to her and said, "Welp can't blame her."

__________________________________________________________________

Chloe was in the lounge room in the Ruby palace with Juleka, Kagami, Hayami, and Suhyun. Hayami and Chloe were doing each other's hair, Kagami was reading and Suhyun and Juleka were writing lyrics.

"Do you think Yu Yuan needs help dealing with Marinette?" Kagami asked as she looked at the others, "We all know how Marinette is when a big event comes rolling around."

They all looked at each other, blinking a couple of times and said, "Nah."

(Back in the Diamond Palace)