Chapter 40: Happily Ever After

It's been five years now and the gang has graduated from university. Nino and Nathaniel are now one of the best among the Imperial knights, Chloe is a successful lawyer, Juleka is a successful Broadway actress, Kagami is a top kendoka, Luka is still continuing his father's legacy as for Marinette and Felix, they're both busy dealing with their royal duties, though the two often see each other to discuss their wedding plans, which is in fact the next day.

Marinette is currently in England making sure that everything is ready for the ceremony the next day. Kagami, Chloe, Juleka, Yu Yuan (Yu Yuan being her lady in waiting and all) and Luka (Nathaniel and Nino are already with Marinette since they're her guards) decided to meet them in London for a private celebration, the Fujiwara and Lee siblings wanted to come but couldn't since Suhyun was pregnant and Hayami was busy dealing with state fairs now that she's a duchess.

Marinette was with the girls celebrating Marinette's last night as a bachelorette. When they all saw each other, they jumped at each other hugging, saying how much they miss each other and congratulating her. Marinette led them to a private lounge room where she had prepared everything from champagne, snacks, and sugary desserts, she even set up a karaoke machine.

As they partied around Chloe noticed that her mom wasn't there, so she asked, "Mari where's the Empress? I thought that she would be the first to jump at an opportunity to get a break from the kids?"

Marinette chuckled, "Well she did want to come but she was too tired, by the time she got to her room she immediately passed out from exhaustion."

Shuxin gave birth to three healthy triplets Cai Ning came out first then the two boys, they decided that the first one was going to be Cai Rong and the second one to be Cai Fang. They're now 3 years old and about to start kindergarten.

"Well, what about the emperor?"

"My mother is asleep so once my mother is asleep my siblings decides that it's his turn for them to torture."

"I was surprised that you wanted to have the first wedding in the U.K Mari." Kagami stated as she sat down, "I was sure that you would have held it in China first."

Marinette leaned back and stretched her back, "I was quite the argument on where we were going hold it, I wanted here but Felix wanted it there, we decided that arguing would be pointless so we just decided to play rock paper scissors for it."

"Seriously?" Juleka asked sceptically.

"It was Yu Yuan's idea."

Yu Yuan rolled her eyes, she looked at the girls and said, "It was either that or I would have to listen to them argue for another 2 hours."

Marinette noticed something in the corner of her eyes on Kagami's hand, she squealed loudly surprising the others. When they asked her what was wrong, she pointed towards Kagami's hand. There on her left hand on her ring finger was an engagement ring.

"Oh my god no way!" Chloe shrieked. "He proposed! When?"

Kagami laughed and said, "Last year when he was visiting me. I'm moving back to Paris soon."

Chloe pouted and held her hand up in comparison, "I wish my boyfriend proposed already."

"Oh yeah, where is he anyways?" Marinette asked.

"He's in the hotel, probably dealing with another business client, Damien is always busy as ever, but he loves me, and I love him."

Chloe and Nino decided that they couldn't deal with the long-distance relationship since it was too hard on them, so they decided to end things mutually especially with Nino being busy 24/7,  they're still good friends though, but not only that the long distance made them slowly start to lose feelings for one another they're still good friends though. During her time in America Chloe met Damien at the Wayne Gala she was attending with her mother. The two hit it off and started talking, Chloe was hesitant about going out with Damien since it was only a few months since she broke up but she asked Nino's option on Damien first before dating him, seeing as how he approved gave her some reassurance.