Chapter 25: Still can't believe

(The next morning)

They were all sitting in the dining table silently eating breakfast. After last night's event it was a bit awkward for everyone, not knowing what do or say. Marinette looked around and noticed that Chloe sat the furthest away from Nino, she sighed.

"So, what do you guys want to ask? But before you ask there are some information are off limits." Said Marinette.

Chloe put down her utensils and asked, "What was about last night?"

"Nino is my personal guard his duty is to protect me."

"I get that he's your personal guard, I get that but." Chloe stuttered as she tried to speak her mind.

Nino sighed and explained, "Chloe last night someone was after some important documents that his majesty has entrust me with, as a knight I can't fail once not even a little bit because one failure could lead to something bigger. And I had sometimes I have to kill to protect. The imperial family is my top priority even if it cost me my life."

Chloe tightened her fist so tight that her knuckles turned white, she glared at Nino and Marinette angry.

"Why? I thought you said you wouldn't get hurt! But here you are getting chased at and killing people."

Nino look straight into Chloe's eye and argued back, "You know very well that I never said that I told you that this is job is dangerous."

Everyone else felt awkward as the couple argued. Juleka cleared her throat and said, "Well why don't we all get ready to leave, Ms. B said today we're going to the beach, which is great seeing as some of us need to cool off."

She whispered the last part. They all got up and left to get ready.

(With Chloe and Kagami)

"I just don't get it! Why him why not somebody else! I thought it was a simple job you know like Adrien's bodyguard but NO! And since when did he even learn to kill someone! Did you see his expression last night? No? Me either, why? CAUSE HE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE ANY."

Kagami just looked at Chloe ranting and pacing back and forth as she packed her bag. At this point Kagami was getting annoyed.

'It's been 10 minutes already seriously does she not get dizzy going back and forth like that.' Kagami thought.

"Chloe just stop, STOP! First of I'm getting dizzy watching you." Kagami walked up to the girl and gave her a hug, "Second, I know you're worried about Nino but honestly what did you expect he's been by Marinette's side longer than you've been with him so of course he would feel a sense of loyalty to her. Let's just get going already."

They both finally left and saw that the rest were waiting in the limo. Chloe saw Nino looking at her as if silently pleading her to look at him, but she couldn't and turned away. Nino tried to look at the others and saw that they all turned away he turned to Marinette, and she gave him a small smile which gave him some sort of comfort.

Marinette looked out the window and thought, 'I have a feeling today is going to be a long long long day."

Arriving at the mansion the class was staying at they noticed that the rest of the class was already inside. They all got on to the bus and the first thing the class noticed was the awkward atmosphere around the group. Lila smirked at the thought of trouble brewing in Marinette's group.

Alya noticed Nino and Chloe distancing from each other and thought, 'Weird normally they would be attached to the hip, I wonder what happened? Did they break up? HUH this is my chance!'

Alya walked up to Nino's seat, "Hey Nino, I noticed that you're not with Chloe anymore I mean it's about time you left her I mean you were always too good for her or any of them especially considering how much of a slut that brat is, they were only dragging you down anyway. How about you and I get back together you join my circle."