Chapter 22: Please.

"FELIX XIAO MEI SHE'S BEEN POISONED!"

Hearing this his heart dropped. Felix told his assistant to book the next flight to China as soon as possible but his assistant told him that if he were to leave the country right now it would leave a impact his imagine, Felix didn't know what to.

Xukun who was still on the call said, "Don't worry you just focus on dealing with the Agreste and putting yourself on the throne first it's the only way we can get rid of those two bastards. I'll deal with Meiying, I've already called all the best doctors and mages in the country to heal her."

Xukun has never seen Felix like this he looked so defeated, he could see the eyebags under his eyes due to lack of sleep and his hair was dishevelled.

Felix looked at Xukun and asked, "Did you find the culprit?"

Xukun nodded and said that the man confessed to poisoning the princess under the orders of Adrien Agreste. Felix could feel this body shaking from anger, he could also feel the hatred grow for his cousin.

"Don't worry your majesty I will make sure that they pay for their sins." Felix stated.

'THAT'S IT, NOW HE TOOK IT WAY TOO FAR.' Felix thought angrily

Felix looked at the emperor in front of him and said, "Please when she wakes up please tell me right away."

Xukun nodded and said, "Thank you for loving and caring my daughter so much."

Felix chuckled and said, "I love her much."

Xukun only laughed, "I know, and I know that you will take good care of her. I have to go now but I will keep you updated on her conditions."

Felix nodded and just like that they ended the call. Felix ordered his assistant to leave the room saying he wants to be left alone. Once the assistant left Felix leaned back on his chair and sighed.

He honestly felt like crying the tried his best to hold back his tears when Xukun had broken the news to him, he felt scared. He could feel his heart pounding on his chest. He tried harder to hold back his tears, but it was to no avail, he broke.

'Maybe I should just give up the throne, maybe if I do that Meiying will be safe.' He thought but the more he thought about it the more he thought that it was a ridiculous idea.

'No, that would just put her in even more danger knowing their history.' He thought.

He sighed, looking around he then mumbled, "I need a drink."

(Meanwhile back in China)

Xukun was sitting by Marinette's bed hold her hand in his, praying to the heavens that she comes out alive. The doctors said that the removed as much poison as they could all they have to do now is wait for her to wake up.

Nino told Ms. B that Marinette was sick, and he and Marinette couldn't join the class for a few days and that he had to take care of her. Nino and the others were feeling anxious when they heard the news about their friend. The others still had to join the class even though they didn't want to, but they didn't have a choice.

Nino was from time to time was guarding the door but other times he was in the interrogation room interrogating the culprit or training with the other guards.

Xukun was not himself he first his wife faints from shock and still hasn't woken up and now his daughter is poisoned. Suddenly a maid came storming into the room.

"Your Majesty the Empress has woken up."

Xukun immediately left to go see his wife.

Shuxin slowly opened her eyes adjusting to the light, She saw a maid running out of the room and Xukun running in.