I hate that I'm falling for you

Cara's POV:-

This is not true... this can't be true. Someone shake me up and tell me it was all a dream.

Every moment I spent with Santiago flashed in front of my eyes. From laughing at his stupid comments to the first time kissing him. Everything made it hard from holding my tears back.

"Cara, are you still with me?" Liam asked as tears fall down my cheek. I managed to let out a hum as a response.

"I understand how do you feel but all I can tell you to do is either runaway or..." He paused, hesitating to finish his sentence

"Or what, Liam?" I question impatiently, tears filling in my eyes.

"Kill him before he tries to hurt you"

I can't believe what I'm hearing or more like I don't want to believe it. I hated Santiago but do I want to take his life? Am I even capable to do that? no no no! I can't even think straight. I could say anything before Liam cut the call from his side.

I was close to falling on my knees but I didn't. I didn't move, just stayed still for another moment, letting my emotions making me feel overwhelmed.

At that moment, it felt like everything changed. my emotions, my feelings, my sentiments, everything.

I pulled myself together and started walking again, but this time the only thing in my mind was how to face Santiago again? with fear? with anger? with hatred? I had no idea.

The day came to an end and there I stood, in front of a large mirror, staring at my reflection. I dressed my best but still didn't even feel like it. My hair looking flawless, perfectly done makeup, I also made sure to hide a knife underneath my dress.

just in case...

I took a shape breath before making my way downstairs. The place was beautifully decorated with scented candles and flower petals. It was pretty dark outside which made the lights look even more beautiful.

As I was admiring the view through the glass wall, I heard footsteps coming in my direction. My mind alerted me and immediately turned around.

"I'm sorry, I'm late-" He began to speak but got cut off as soon as our eyes met.

none of us spoke a word for a long moment. He was in an all-black suit, looking dashing as ever. His hair was well styled, silver rings in his hands, and loose tie was complimenting his looks.

He cleared his throat and I looked away, "You look lovely by the way" He remarked. I couldn't help and get flustered by his comment like I usually do. No matter how hard I try to fight it, I can't control but I wished that I could.

God, I hate that I'm falling for you!

"You look...fine. I guess" I teased which made him chuckle. We both sat in front of each other, sharing some small talks while sipping on wine.

My body became completely tensed as I felt his hand on my thigh occasionally. I tried my best not to give him a reaction and hoped that he doesn't feel the knife I've hidden. Fortunately, he didn't.

I let out a sigh of relief as he drew his hand back to himself and I went back to enjoying my wine.

We shared a very fine dinner with some soothing jazz in the background and moonlight was giving us a perfect touch to the setting.

"So, tell me, pretty little thing..." He said but paused to have my complete attention towards him.

"Yeah?"

"If I say that I like you, will you share the same feelings with me?"

Tell me he didn't say what I think he just did!

My eyes widened and for a moment I thought I am dreaming. My heart was pounding so hard that I could hear it in my ears. I bet even Santiago could hear it.

I tried to say something but no words came out. He stood up from his seat and started to pace around me with a glass of wine in his hand.

"You don't need to give me an answer right now. I've rushed you in many things before and I won't repeat it. You can have the deal with Mr Smith back and I'll delete the blackmail I've against you. No more pretending in front of the media. I want all of this to be real...only if you wish the same as I do"

His soft words melted my heart. I wanted to kiss him but I didn't, I couldn't...

What If, this was one of his tricks? What if, all of this was another trap?
What if, Liam was right about him?

A million thoughts ran through my mind and yet, my heart was saying, yes to me. I didn't know who to listen to. It felt like, my heart and mind are having a war of their own.

"I- I need a little time to think" I finally managed to say which bring a small smile to his face. He nodded and took a sip from his glass.

"Take all the time you need, pretty little thing but there is something else too I want to tell you" He stated and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"What is it?" I impatiently asked, my eyes never leaving his. He shook his head and let out a sharp breath.

"Well, the thing is..." He began to speak but paused to put the glass back on the table, "I don't know if it's the right time to tell you but I think you should know"

"Know what?"

"That Liam-"

A loud shot rang and he didn't get to finish his sentence. I panicked and put my hand on my mouth, my eyes started to tear as soon as I heard a... *Thud*

                     ✦✧✧ - ✧✧✦

Sorry for the late update again, everyone. I was busy with doing my first commission but now that I'm done with it, your girl is back! If you want to know what was that all it about then let me know :)

VotE AnD CoMmEnT If YoU PlEasE. TakE CArE oF YOuRsElF aNd StAy HAPpY. I'll SeE ArOUnd TilL tHeN...

HASTA LA VISTA BABY 😘