Our Only Shot

Cara's POV:-

"H- hi, Liam" I stutter a bit in the start but then cleared my throat before he started to speak again.

"Are you alright?" He sounded as if he was genuinely concerned about me.

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves and answered his question," I'm fine just...uhh... Stressed about work" I let out a fake laugh, hoping that he doesn't find me suspicious.

I didn't give him time to say anything and immediately asked," but tell me about you, how are you... How's Santiago?" The last words came out on mouth out of nowhere but I was glad that they did.

"I'm perfectly fine, darling and Santiago is... Well, knocked out cold right now but he's well" he answered with honesty. Brutal honesty.

I should've known that he would hurt him and torture him but his words still didn't fail to send a wave of fear through my veins.

"A- about that..." I took a deep breath and spoke the words out as fast as I could, "I would like to see him... In-person" I shut my eyes and crossed my fingers, hoping he doesn't decline me but he did.

"No. It's too dangerous-"

"Then I'll end him myself" I lied immediately before he could make any more excuses, "Please, Liam, I need to see him" I pleaded and he let out a sigh.

"Very well then, I'll text you the location but I want you to come alone" A smirk appeared on my face as he hang up the call.

"So...?" Ashton said curiously as soon as our eyes met.

"Plan is on" I announced with a smile and a sigh of relief escaped from both of them.

Later on that night, I couldn't sleep. Or dare I say, my overthinking didn't let me. I was too nervous thinking about what would happen if this plan fails? What if, I fail to free Santiago? What if-

No! This is my only shot. Our Only Shot. I will not by any cost, let it go to waste. No Fucking Way.

I stood up from my bed and walked towards Santiago's closet to grab one of his shirts. I put on his shirt which was my knee-length. Because of how big it was on me, It made me feel small and I liked it.

I went back to bed and inhaled his scent through the shirt. His scent relaxed my nerve and without even realising it, I drift off to sleep.

------------

I woke up fairly early the next morning and took a long hot shower before getting dressed. Once I was done with my morning routine, I decided to go downstairs to check up on Dean and Ashton.

I raised an eyebrow as I found them staring at the laptop screen," What are you guys doing?"

Dean stood up from the couch and rushed towards me to hand me over something which looked as small as a dot," it's a microphone. If something goes wrong just us a signal" He flipped my hair to the other side to put it on behind my ear.

Once he was done, he gave me a gentle smile and then stepped back," Thanks, Dean" I said, smiling back at him.

I stepped towards Ashton who still seemed focused on the laptop," here..." He lifted his hand to give me my knife.

The same knife I was close to using on Santiago that night. Maybe I would've if Liam didn't come but I'm glad that I didn't. I let out a deep sigh as I took the knife from him and hid it on my waist.

Ashton stood up and finally faced me. He looked nervous and so I was but this was something I had to do myself, "Do you still-"

I nodded before he could even finish," I still want to do this" I said, assuring him and myself. I have to do it. I created this mess, I'm supposed to be the one who cleans it now.

"Alright then..." Ashton said as cleared his throat," We'll be three cars behind you. Your task is to keep Liam occupied while we get Santiago out of that safe house. If something goes wrong just give us a signal" He finished and I nodded at him.

"Understood. Now let's get done with this" I commented before heading out of the penthouse and got into Santiago's Car.

I took a deep breath before I drove off. My mind refreshed every memory we made in this car. From Him getting close to me for the first time to me laughing at him when that yaoi song played. I chuckled slightly at all those memories before watching the road.

After about a two-hour ride, I could see that I was getting close to the location Liam sent me. As Dean said, there were exactly three mansions identical to each other.

I halted the car in front of the second one after making sure that I'm at the right place. The mansion was huge which made me a little worried but soon I snapped out of my thoughts as my eyes laid on

"Amara...?"

                     ✦✧✧ - ✧✧✦

Didn't see that coming. Did you?

VotE AnD CoMmEnT If YoU PlEasE. TakE CArE oF YOuRsElF aNd StAy HAPpY. I'll SeE ArOUnd TilL tHeN...

HASTA LA VISTA BABY 😘