I am sorry

Cara's POV:-

Panic raised inside me as I watched Santiago collapse on the ground. I wanted to scream but it felt like my voice has been stuck in my throat.

Tears started to roll down my cheeks and I pressed my hand on my mouth harder. I fell on my knees as soon as the door burst open. I heard footsteps approaching me but I didn't care. I just kept staring at Santiago's unconscious body with my watery eyes.

"Are you alright? did he hurt you?" He asked and I shook my head in response. Liam knelt and got closer to me.

"don't worry. The drug will not last for too long. I will deal with him from here" He assured me as he rubbed my back but none of that mattered right now.

I am the one who drugged Santiago's wine, I am the one who betrayed his trust and I will never forgive myself for that but if...if Liam is right about him then doing as He says is the only option left for me.

'I am sorry. I am so sorry, Santiago...' I kept murmuring to myself as I watched Liam's people dragging Santiago's unconscious body. I didn't look away from him until He got disappear.

Liam cleared his throat and I quickly wiped my tears away before facing him. He stretched out his hand and placed it on my cheek before pressing his lips on my forehead," Believe me, I will fix this" He said with a comforting tone.

I gave him a little nod before he started to leave.

"Liam, wait"

He stopped midway and turned around.

"before the drugged kicked in...Santiago was about to tell me something about you. is there anything I need to know?"

Liam looked fairly confused and shook his head in response

"I guess only time will tell, darling"

before I could say anything, He vanished from my sight as well.

I had no idea what I was doing, I paced around and eventually poured myself a glass of water. I sipped water and tried to clear my head.

once again, I heard footsteps, but it sounded more like the click-clack of someone's heels, I slide out the hidden knife underneath from my dress, gripping the knife tightly, I slowly started to walk towards the door.

As soon as I got close to the door, it swung open and we both screamed like cats.

"ay, Dios mío!" the woman exclaimed once she catches her breath. I didn't say anything and silently slide the knife back, examing her.

She was of average height, which explains a lot why she was wearing high heels. She seemed as if she is her forties. wrinkled skin, dull blonde hair, hazel eyes. wait- don't tell me...

She is his mother?!

"Mrs Torres, my apologies for starling you like that. Are you alright?" I asked, awkwardly. She stepped inside the house and looked around before making herself comfortable on the couch.

I walked towards her and offered her a glass of water, trying my best not to appear anxious. She studied me for a brief moment as she drank water and spoke.

"Sit, girl" She commanded

I did as she asked me to. I cleared my throat before fully paying attention to her as she continued.

She took a look around the area once again, her eyes were searching for someone and I knew exactly who.

"Where is Santiago?" She asked, almost impatiently. Guilt kicked inside me.

"He's not here. He had to attend some urgent meeting so he left" I lied and she let out a small huff before looking back at me.

"What's your name?" She questioned after she put the glass on the table and sat back.

"Cara... Anderson" I paused a little before saying my last name but as soon as I did, her eyes shot up at me. I couldn't tell if she was surprised or angry.

"So, the rumours are true. My son is dating you?" She said and I slightly nodded in response. I've never felt so guilty in my whole life as I'm feeling right now.

Now, A son can't reunite with his mother because of me. It's all my fault. If Santiago still wants to kill then I won't even stop him. I'd rather die by his hands than living with guilt.

"I'm sorry about your father. He was a nice man" This statement coming from her mouth almost sounded unbelievable to my ears.

I was taught to stay away from Torres family throughout my entire life, I was taught to hate them, and hearing about my dead father from a Torres was nothing less than getting an electric shock.

"But I thought Anderson's and Torres's hate each other-"

"You foolish girl, do you believe media this much?" She said, cutting me off.

She let out a slight chuckle, "Both families had their ups and downs but there was no such thing as hatred. Media sought gossip like usual so they targeted both the families but when your father died... They left no opportunity to turn the tables on us which is why we decided to step back" She explained.

I carefully listened to her, tears filled my eyes. I tried my best to hold them back but memories of me with my dad running through my mind made it all extremely hard.

I was twelve years old when my father died. I didn't know what it's going to be like to live without him until I grew up.

"But I'll tell you one thing, child. The death of your father was no accident" She remarked as she placed her hand on top of mine.

"W-what do you mean?" I asked with a stuttering voice, meeting her gaze.

She shook her head, "It was all planned by someone"

                    ✦✧✧ - ✧✧✦

I have exams from next week so R I P me ayyyyeeee!

VotE AnD CoMmEnT If YoU PlEasE. TakE CArE oF YOuRsElF aNd StAy HAPpY. I'll SeE ArOUnd TilL tHeN...

HASTA LA VISTA BABY 😘