Chapter 58

Shruti's POV

It has been one day since the surgery. Siddharth had come to see Tauji twice since then.  My father really liked him and said that I was lucky to have a senior like that.

My father and I went to see the room where Tauji was to be shifted.  After about 5 minutes,  Nihal walked in,  he had not come since the day he admitted tauji to the hospital.

My father was happy to see him. He was hopeful that things will be better between Nihal and Tauji but Nihal was here because he wanted my father to persuade Tauji to do what Nihal wanted.

Papa tried to put some sense into him but he was adamant that if tauji will not give him money, he will drag him to court as he wanted money and for that, he would go to any extent.

When Papa tried to make him understand Tauji's condition. He started shouting and misbehaving with my dad.

Nihal kept saying wrong things to Papa. I could not take it and tried to stop him but he slapped me.

" Nihal ! " My dad said.

" Please tell her not to interfere when men of the family are talking. She must learn that soon, after all, she has to get married one day.  "

I looked at my dad and expected him to say something. Though he was shocked at what Nihal did, he remained quiet. I was much more hurt by his silence than by Nihal's slap.

My dad went out as his phone started ringing and it was an important business call.

I have already had enough of Nihal's attitude, I could not take any more of it. Some kind of frustration that had been pent up for years finally came out. So, I slapped him back.

He was shocked and glared at me as if he about to slap me again. I cringed at that and stepped back he raised his hand to hit me. I was scared and on reflex, my eyes got shut automatically.

I was anticipating an even harder slap than the last one but when I did not feel it. I opened my eyes and saw someone holding his hand. I turned to see, Siddharth holding his hand. His eyes were red and he twisted Nihal's hand.

Nihal was very strong but Siddharth was no less. It seemed that he had learnt a technique or two from his elder brother after all.

Parth was standing right behind him. He was looking angry too.

" What the hell ?? Who are you?  "  Nihal shouted.

" It does not matter... How dare you even think of hitting her?? "

" She is my sister, I don't need your permission to hit her.

" She is your younger sister, so you should protect her. But you hit her again and again, what kind of a brother are you. I can protect myself very well but my brother would kill anyone who will even look at me with an evil eye. " Siddharth said.

"  Shut up !! It is our family matter.  You have no right to say anything to me. I will do whatever I want. "  Nihal said.

"  I just consider her my younger sister and I will protect her forever. Try and touch her again, I will break your hand.  " Dr Parth said.

" It is none of your business. I will do what I want with my sister. " Nihal said.

" I will kill you if you touch her,"  Siddharth said.

" She is getting out of control, I need to tame her.  Who are you to stop me?? Are you her brother too?    " Nihal said.

" I dare you to touch her and then I will show you what I am. Don't Worry, I will give you my introduction in detail one day very soon. "  Siddharth Said.