sixty-four

a/n. guys i've been writing some scenes for later on and like, AAAH. let's just say it's not all sunshine ahead......

on the other hand, here's an extra mini little update for u. thanks so much for everyone's comments! i love hearing what you think

     "Ok now just tell me what it is," tried Jared for the hundredth time. It was the next day and they were doing last minute Spanish revision at Jared's, ready for the mocks beginning in the morning.

    "No, no puedo decir," said Isaac smugly, not even looking up from his notes. "Perdoname. Lo siento. Desafortunadamente no es posible porque-"

     Jared threw a cushion at his face. He thought for a second and then announced decisively,

   "Te odio."

     Isaac looked up with a lopsided grin and his frustrating dimple on full show. He raised an eyebrow, pausing for a moment before saying with a little smirk,

     "Oh, tu también... Me vuelves completamente loco."

     Jared paused then too, and blinked. He wished he could know what Isaac was thinking, could read behind all that mischief in his eyes (those eyes that were brownish gold and dark liquid amber, like whiskey or tea without milk).

    "J," said Isaac.

    "Yeah?"

    Isaac got up and stretched, making his sweater ride up so that a pale sliver of skin flashed into view. He continued,

    "You wanna go to McDonalds? I think we've done as much as we can do."

     Jared nodded immediately (Isaac was quite the revision slave-driver, and had kept them going nearly all day). It was nearly 11pm, but they'd kinda forgotten about dinner before and Jared's mum wasn't in to tell them not to go.

    "Aren't your parents gonna be worried about where you are?" he asked as they wandered downstairs. Isaac huffed, fishing his car keys out of his pocket.

    "Ha, no. I think my mum'd rather see me as little as possible. I texted her to say I was going to be late anyway but she hasn't replied." He shoved his shoes on. "Predictably."