three

That lunchtime Jared Spencer was still in a bad mood, spearing chips with a fork like they were about to jump up and bite him.

    “So what d’you think of the new kid then Spencer?” goaded one of his ‘friends’, Daniel Gladstone (yes, a direct relative to Gladstone-the-prime-minister- this was, after all, the famous Ainesborough College for upper-class chaps).

    “He’s a fucking prick,” muttered Jared. Gladstone laughed loudly and then quietened a little as a new voice entered the conversation.

    “Oh really? I thought he looked rather- delectable, myself.”

     Jared looked up sharply to where Ari Latsis had sat down at the table, his meal some sort of pretentious salad from the café down the road. Ari was Jared’s only real rival to the school kingship. In fact, if you were to ask an Ainesborough College boy who ruled the school, they’d probably say Ari Latsis- but never when Jared was listening.

     Ari was smooth as silk, with a tongue made of silver and skin of gold. He came from a family of Greek billionaires and masqueraded as bi purely for the fun of trying to steal any girls Jared liked. Or at least, that was Jared’s suspicion. In any case, his preference leant heavily towards boys.

     And, apparently, Isaac Hanly.

     Ari smiled up at him, teeth perfectly white.

    “Hands off, Jared,” he said, eyes glinting playfully. Jared snorted.

    “I’m straight.”

    “Doesn’t stop some people,” answered Ari, turning a suggestive look on Daniel Gladstone.

     Gladstone threw his head back and groaned loudly. 

    “One time, Latsis! One fucking time! I was fucking drunk!”