twenty-five

i'm so sorry for the wait guys. here's two updates as a little apology gift :)

    Willa bumped into Isaac that Friday at the library, before school. She was looking for some history books for an essay when she caught sight of him, slumped over the corner table with his face in his notes.

   "Isaac?" she said, not entirely sure yet it was him. The boy didn't move. She sat down in the chair beside him and squeezed his shoulder, watching as he stirred and lifted his face, adorably sleep-lax with ink dates printed backwards on his cheek.

   "'Um," he mumbled confusedly, rubbing his eyes with slender hands. His expression sharpened as he looked down at the half-finished Russia timeline he'd fallen asleep on. "Aw, damnit."

     He glanced at his watch. Willa looked at the clock above them- it was only half past seven and school didn't start till 8.30.

    "You're taking a break," Willa told him decisively.

    "But-"

    "You just passed out over your books Isaac; I'm going to buy you a coffee and make you drink it if I have to drag you up to the café by your hair."

     He blinked and she smirked at him, pointing out the ink on his face. There were dark circles under his eyes and his hair was sticking out soft and curly all over the place, and she wanted to hug him.

    "Come on," she said impatiently after he'd rubbed the dates off his face. He sighed over-dramatically, rolling his eyes skywards with a huff as he followed her to the little library café.

--------o--------

    "Didn't get anything done last night," he explained a little later, slim fingers wrapped around a mug of some disgustingly sweet caramel coffee concoction. Willa raised an eyebrow. He just raised one back and then grinned unexpectedly, the smile like a sudden flash of sunlight. "Heard you've been texting Jared?"

     She glared at him.

    "Yeah. He's alright."

     Isaac laughed, throwing his whole head back like a little kid.

    "I know," he said at last, grinning to himself like his mind was a beautifully funny place to be. She looked down into her black coffee and then up again with an exasperated little smile.

    "Yeah, okay Isaac. But seriously- I've just got out of a kinda crap relationship like a month ago and I'm not that eager to-" She paused.

    "Was he someone at our school?" asked Isaac, eyes warm and gentle.

    "No. This guy from St Mark's." She rolled her eyes. "Ugh. Might as well tell you the whole story now; one of the idiots at your school will probably tell you soon enough."

    "Okay," Isaac said, undemanding but open, and Willa noticed how his hair was still crazy from sleeping on it. She gave a sort of fond-frustrated sigh and continued bluntly,

    "Basically he wanted sex and I didn't yet, so he cheated on me with my best friend since pre-school."

     Isaac blinked, then wrinkled his nose.

    "Classy," he said, and then, almost to himself, "What a little shit."

     It was the first time Willa'd heard him properly swear. She couldn't help but grin at that.