↳ 𝟮𝟮.𝟭

22.1 :
broken promises

"Don't worry! I'll come back alive!"

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

You can clearly remember your sister's smiling face as she gently cupped your face. She looks at you like you are the most precious existence on this world. Her gentle voice rang through your ears-

"(Name)." She called your name just like the usual. "You know that nee-chan loves you the most on this world right?" She asked causing you to chuckle.

"You're saying some odd things, nee-san." You chuckled before she suddenly hugged your small figure. You, who's confused because of her sudden actions called her name.

"Nee-san?"

"I'm so sorry, (name)." She said with a very sad voice as you felt your shoulders getting drench because of her tears. You smiled as you also hugged her. But why is she suddenly apologizing?

But you felt like your whole world literally stopped after Fuyumi called you the next day. She was crying. She was crying as she called your name on the phone.

[ "(Name), M-misaki hanged herself o-o-on her room!" ]

What?

You accidentally let go of your phone because of what you heard. Misaki? Your big sister? Your big sister hanged herself on her room? Is this some kind of prank? Because if it is- it's not funny.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Some cuts and bruises can be seen on your face. You just remained silent as you sat on the chair and watch the priest chants a sutra. You just remained silent as tears flowed from your eyes while hearing Fuyumi's silent cries.

Why is this happening again?

Is this really a kind of curse or what? You can clearly remember what your cousin said with his usual grin plastered on his face.

"Don't worry, I'll come back alive!"

He promised that. Keisuke promised that, you know that he'll do anything to keep that promise. So why? Why does he break his own promise?!

"You're too unfair.." you and Misa-nee is too unfair. For the second time- your whole world lost its color.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"Is he on his room?" You asked Emma and Grandpa Sano with a closed eyed smile. Emma looked hesitant at first but for some reasons, she felt relieved after seeing your smile. "(Name)-chan, are you sure about that?"

She asked as she gave you the key on Manjirou's room. You gave her a grin and a thumbs up- "Don't worry Emma, I'm just going to talk to him."

"Then, I'll leave it to you.."

"Don't worry, Emma. Just trust me," you waved your hand as you walked towards Manjirou's room. Your eyes stared on the familiar place where you, Manjirou, Draken and Keisuke always watch Shinichiro doing his work. You sighed as you knock on his door.

"Go away, Emma."

"It's me." You frowned. Now you know the reason why Emma if you are sure about approaching Manjirou. "(Name)?"

"Yes so open the door, Manjirou." You said with a gentle voice after the door slowly opened. You slightly squinted your eyes after seeing Manjirou's figure. "What do you want, (name)?" He asked.

You slightly chuckled. "It's been a while since I last saw you're and yet your treating me so coldly." You pouted before you welcomed yourself to his room.

There is one word that can describe his room right now. Messy. His room is very messy right now. You can see some broken furnitures on the floor along with some books.

"Why you didn't go on Keisuke's funeral? Auntie and Uncle is expecting you to come you know?"

"If you're going to talk about some nonsense, get o-"

"I heard what happened, Manjirou." Your voice suddenly became serious and you looked straight on Manjirou's eyes. "Ken-kun, Taka-kun, Emma and the others is worried about you." The smile disappeared on your lips as Manjirou's forehead wrinkled before he averted his gaze.

"I don't care about them anymor-"

"You don't care about what will happen to Toman anymore?" You smiled after seeing how his expression changed. You approached him as you gently patted his head. "See? Your actions don't match on what you are saying."

Before he knew it. He already closed his eyes enjoying your touch. "I- I killed Kazutora, (name)." He confessed.

"I don't know if I can still face Ken-chin, Emma and everyone after what I did." Tears slowly formed on the corner of his eyes as he looked down. "I don't know if I can still face you after failing to protect Baji."

"In the first place, it was Keisuke's choice to join that fight and if I was in your position at the time. I also don't know if I can stop myself from killing Kazutora." For a split of seconds your eyes turned cold before it came back to normal.

"(Name), can you promise me one thing?"

"Hmm? What is it?" You asked him as you two sat on the sofa. Manjirou suddenly held your hand- "Please don't disappear like Baji did."

"Sure thing."

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

It was only temporary but (name) (last name) prevented Valhalla from taking over Toman. But three days after Keisuke Baji's burial.

Fuyumi Baji and Tooru Baji's lifeless body was found inside their apartment. Two days after that, (name) (last name)'s corpse was found near the riverbank next to their apartment.

In the end, the (h/c) girl couldn't keep her own promise.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

WORD COUNT : 897 WORDS