𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 : 𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗖𝗞𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗘

twenty eight :
checkmate

" Checkmate, Kisaki. "

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

- IT WAS RAINING THAT DAY.

Kyouya clearly remembered the way how (name) suddenly let go of her phone. How her eyes trembled because of shock(?). When he asked if she was alright, the girl merely give him a grin. Saying that she's fine even though she's not.

How did Kyouya knew that something was up with (name) that day? It's because he saw how (name)'s face darkened for a moment. He saw how (name)'s bright green hues suddenly became dull as she spoke.

"I.... I'll go first, see ya tomorrow! Kyo-kun!" She picked up her phone and waved her hand giving him his usual grin. But something was different and Kyouya can't tell what it is.

He sighed and look at the two pack of (insert your favorite chips) on his hand before he sighed. It looks like he won't be able to give this to you today besides, he needs to go home.

But his 'me' time was interrupted when his phone suddenly rang. It was Keisuke, (name)'s cousin.

[ "Kyouya, is (name) with you right now?" ]

"Hmm? Did something happen, Baji-kun?" Kyouya asked, obviously worried about the (h/c) girl. He heard how Keisuke sighed through the phone, ["That brat, I'm sure that she's mentally unstable right now."] He clicked his tongue.

Kyouya's forehead wrinkled. Something's not right- Keisuke's voice we're trembling as if he just finished crying. But what happened? "Baji-kun, what happened?" He asked for the second time.

[ "Misa-nee died." ] Keisuke said with a hint of sadness on his voice. Meanwhile, Kyouya stopped from what he's doing. "What?" Misa? (Name)'s big sister? Died?

"W-what are you saying, Baji-kun."

[ "Mom already called her several times but that brat's not picking up her phone." ]

"I, I'm gonna look for (name)-san." Kyouya declared as he ended the call. Kyouya took his jacket and the key of his bike as he made his way outta his apartment. He suddenly remembered the conversation that he had with Misaki last time.

"Kyouya."

"What's the matter, Misaki-san?"

"Can you..." Misaki took a deep breath, forcing herself to smile. "Can you take care of (name) for me?"

"I don't get it." He tilted his head that made Misaki to chuckle. She leaned her back on the chair, "There's a time that (name) became unstable. So, if that happened- Can you, can you stop her for me?"