𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗬 : 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗧

forty :
dessert

“ Why don't you tell us the (name)
of the person who punched
you, hmm? ”

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

— "WHAT ARE WE DOING HERE?"

Hayate asked as he and the others entered the dining room. The party just ended and he already wanted to go back to his apartment. Of course, Akihiko was the same. Because this dining room brings back many of their unwanted memories.

Those memories that he wanted to bury six feet under the ground. Since they were now inside the house where he and his siblings were abused by their oh-so-called mom.

"Are we not allowed to have dinner together, as a family?" His grandmother asked with a gentle tone that made Akihiko scoff. This mad perfectionist just called them a family? What the heck?

Meanwhile, both Hiroshi and Kana remained silent. The two of them looked at their mother who had a pleased smile on her face. They find it odd— they were sure that their mother hosted a party to distract all of them. But why?

"Oh, you cannot just start eating yet. We still have to wait for someone."

Akihiko who was about to stuff his mouth with some food stopped. He wanted to finish immediately and leave— he still need to do something! "Someone?" Hiroshi asked with a curious tone.

But after that, the door opened. Hiroshi and his son's eyes widened while Kana's eyebrows wrinkled. Her gaze immediately landed on her mom but she just smirked at her.

'This old woman!' Kana thought, gritting her teeth because of irritation. It was too late before she managed to realize her own mother's plan.

"Nee-chan, what are you..." Akihiko's stopped in the middle of his sentence. He remained looking at his older sister's lifeless eyes who were directed to their grandmother. He can also see a bruise near (name)'s lips. "Welcome, (name)! You finally arrived!"

Hiroshi and Kana's mom stands up from her seat. She smiled at her  'precious' granddaughter as she approached her. "Jeez! I already told Nightfall to buy you an expensive outfit for this occasion but you came here wearing a long sleeve and jeans— Hmm, what was that look for?"

"Don't touch me." (Name) coldly said as she walked passed away from her grandmother as she sat on the chair next to Hiroshi. (Name)'s actions made her laugh out loud. As she thought, her granddaughter was interesting!

"Now that (name) is here, we can start to eat!" She said cheerfully as she sat on her own chair.

Both Akihiko and Hayate, even Hiroshi remained silent. They all looked at (name) who didn't even touch her food. Just what the hell happened that made her like that?

"Did you liked my gift?" The old woman asked causing (name) to look at her. "A gift?" Kana asked.

"Didn't you know, (name) passed the test so I decided to give her a gift!"

"W...what?!" They were all surprised, of course except for Akihiko who still haven't taken that said test.

After all, Hayate, Kana, and Hiroshi failed that test. But how? How did (name) pass the test? No, rather than that. What kind of test did this old woman give her?