A Rough Day.....

Arthit groaned softly as he stretched his aching muscles. It was Monday and he has a hungover, and he really did not want to get up to go to work.

He tried to look for his phone, wanting to know the time in clock

He knew that it had to be after five-thirty in the morning, because Kong was already up and most likely went for his morning run. Arthit hadn't heard the alarm go off, though, so when he saw that it was already a quarter 'til seven, he bolted upright, instantly regretting the sudden movement as his head started to both throb and spin at the same time.

"Ohhhhh"

He really ought to know better than to drink that much before a work day. Holding his head in his hands, he took a few deep breaths to try and quell the nausea. After a moment or two, he finally felt like he could move without either meeting the floor or losing what little food was left in him from last night.

As quickly as he was physically capable of doing, Arthit got up, showered, shaved, and dressed. Feeling marginally more human, he made his way into the kitchen and found a cup of pink milk waiting for him as well as some toast and strawberry jam on the kitchen counter

"Oh Kongpob..... "

Arthit sighed softly and took the cup of pink milk as well as the toast and jam to the table and sat down. For years Kong had gotten up before the roosters crowed - so to speak - and he used to try to get Arthit to start his day with him. Arthit just wasn't a morning person, though, and more than once his attempts had landed them in an argument.

Eventually Kong has accepted that Arthit simply needed some extra sleep, so he had taken to letting him sleep longer and making sure that there was breakfast waiting for Arthit. What he made always varied, the cup of pink milk, however, did not

Arthit grimaced as he took a swig from the 'Not so cold' pink milk, because he overslept and Kong would have taken it out from the fridge hours ago, but he couldn't be bothered to get up and grab something else. A glance at the clock told him that he had to hurry if he was going to make on time today.

As he wolfed down his toast, Arthit caught a glimpse of one of his favorite pictures of Kong. It hung on the wall opposite the table, and in it, he was standing next to his beloved car, which he bought after his first successful project since his accident. To this day, it was his pride and joy.

Arthit remembered the day the picture was taken so well. Kong had spent so much time and hard work to make that project successful, not because he wasn't good at what he was doing, but because he was still in rehab for the injuries he had sustained during his accident, in which Arthit almost lost him. He had been so frustrated and worried that he would no longer be able to do what he loved, that because of his physical weakness his passion would be taken away as well as his career.

The day that picture had been taken, he was appointed as a Marketing head, after the huge success of his project and Arthit had been so proud of him. he had insisted on taking the picture when they went to the showroom to get the delivery of Kong's favourite car. At first Kong had been reluctant of posing for the picture, since he didn't like the reminder of his body's failings, he had to use crutches to really get around, and he was still wearing braces, though they were hidden by his pants. but Arthit managed to convince him after agreeing that he wouldn't have to have them in the picture with him.

To anyone who didn't know about it, it simply looked like a man proudly showing off a new car. To Arthit, it was infinitely more. Kong was smiling......beaming, even, but his eyes were tightened and the knuckles on his right hand were white as he grasped the door of the cat in order to remain upright. There were several tiny cues his body conveyed that were tell-tale signs of the strain he was under, both physically and mentally. That picture showed how much Kong, No...how much They, had overcome. And the smile on Kong's face reminded Arthit every day that the love they shared, no matter what life might throw at them, was worth everything.