Reward....

(This one shot, is not from Sotus Universe, In here, Arthit is a MBA and working in a MNC, and Kongpob is the member of, National Soccer team )

🌞🌜🌞🌜🌞🌜🌞🌛🌞🌛🌞🌛🌞

Kongpob's POV------

I blink, dragged from a deep slumber by an annoying buzzing noise. After a second, I hit my alarm off, and I blearily sit up, the sheet sliding from my tired, sore body. I scrub my hands over my face and look at the red digital face of the clock.

Five am.....

The sun hasn't even thought about coming up, and yet I am awake. But this is part of my training, part of the deal when you become a professional athlete. Remembering that our next big match is only a few weeks away makes it easier to leave the warm bed and my snuggly husband. Carefully extracting his arm, from over my aching hips, I slide out from under the covers and walk quietly to the bathroom.

I had put my running shorts, socks and shoes in the bathroom the night before so as not to disturb my lovely 'Oon, because he loves his sleep in the morning. After taking care of my morning necessities, I quickly get dressed. Opening the door as quietly as possible, I take one more longing glance at our bed.

And there, in the early morning darkness I saw him......

Sitting on the edge of the bed, eyes half closed, shorts on.....shoes on...... with a huge yawn.

"What do you think you are doing 'Oon ??"

I ask, secretly loving that he is obviously dressed to come with me

"What does it look like ?? I am coming to run with you "

"Get back to bed. There's no reason for us both to torture ourselves on a Saturday morning"

"Nope. I am coming with you. Do some stretches or something while I'll go to the washroom to freshen up"

With that, he saunters into the bathroom, not even bothering to close the door as he go through with his morning routine. I stare after him, shocked that he is awake but extremely pleased that he is joining me.

We used to workout together more often in our college time, but with him putting in more hours at his job and me doing most of my training routine during the day while he is at work, we haven't had time to workout together in a while.

And I have honestly missed it.

"Okay. I am all ready to kick your ass today"

Arthit says, his smirk only slightly dampened by the early hour

"I don't know, Arthit. I think you have been slacking at the gym lately"

"I'll show you.... who's slacking ??"

he says, smacking me on the ass on his way past me

In the kitchen we each grab a water bottle and then head out the front door. We stretch outside in the cool morning air, the sky finally lightening to the east. I jog in place to get my blood pumping as Arthit finishes stretching his shoulders. We set off at a slow pace, and he easily keeps up.

"Is this all you got, Kong ??"

I glance at him and note the light sheen of sweat already forming at his hairline.

"Well, we do have another five miles. Didn't really feel like sprinting for all of it"

I watch as his jaw clenches subtly. I knew he hadn't planned on this much running as I had told him only a few miles.